Sky glue - safe to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshinjune

Reaction score
Hi I know this glue gets lots of good reviews. As such I've purchased this myself. But I'm a little concerned. It's made in Korea, and these now nation of it conforming to EU safety standards. On last lash website, it merely states that it has Iso certification, but ISO relates to management processes, NOT the safety of the substance itself. Further, just because something has achieved international certification, does not mean it has achieved EUROPEAN standards which may be more rigorous. Could this be why it's so cheap? Until I get to the bottom of this I won't be using it for fear of falling foul of my insurance.....Does anyone know what the EU safety standards are for eyelash adhesive, and whether Sky Glue is compliant? Thanks x

I was going to try it but I can't get that much info on it if I'm honest.
I'm not having any problems with my current glue so ill stick to what I know for now.
Not worth risking it. It's only because everyone was raving about it that I wanted to try it out. X

This is interesting. I looked at Sky Glue and was then put off as it was made in Korea. The lady Eyelash Extensions From Kent on youtube uses it

Im using Extreme by lashbase and its a real fast bonding time

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I tried and didn't rate it to be honest..

Sent from my V370 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it is ace I tried it for first time today. You need the tiniest amount and only need to bond first 2-3mm of base of lash with great adhesion.

I use it on recommendation of my volume lash trainer.
I hadn't heard of it but thought id give it a go because I needed a thin consistency glue for volume lashing.

Before I was using lash base extreme which I was happy with but I'm always willing to try new products because I always think there could be better.

The Russian lash techs are way ahead of us when it comes to lashing and this glue is a popular choice for them and I can see why.

I love this glue, for me the consistency is great. The dry time fab, it doesn't irritate my clients and the lashes last well, and my clients love it because they get longer out of their lashes.

So for me this glue is perfect. All of my clients are now patch tested and so far so good - just because something is made in Korea doesn't mean it's bad.
Have a look on a lot of your cosmetic products and u will see a lot of these are made in Korea but u still use them happily every day!!!!!

However just because some one raves about a product doesn't mean u should jump on the band wagon. If u are happy with what u are using then stick with it.

I'm lucky to have found a glue that I love and does the job for both me and my clients. And if the best lash techs in the world are using this glue then it's good enough for me!

Hth

Hi Lielash,

I've used it and have no doubt as to how good it is. My concern is whether, as it doesn't appear to have passed any European safety standards, whether using it would invalidate our insurance.....

Can anyone tell me how long shelf life is the sky glue? I've used mine for almost 3 months and it's still thin and seem fine to use. Will it go thicker when it's ready to be binned?

Any advice is appreciated as I don't want clients to experience extensions falling off around valentine. Lol :p;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone? :confused:

Anyone? :confused:

Yes it will go thick and glupey however I'd throw it after a max if 4 months x

The shelf life should be on the bottle it's quite worrying that people are using something and no idea of shelf life etc I'd check with your insurance if you can use this as of anything happened with a client they may ask shelf life and when it was opened etc just being cautious

As Joshinjune said... I too have no qualms in using it and I don't think everything from Korea is bad. Its just whether the insurance companies are ok with it.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

As Joshinjune said... I too have no qualms in using it and I don't think everything from Korea is bad. Its just whether the insurance companies are ok with it.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with JoshinJune, its worth checking if a product is legal to use, especially if a client is trusting you with a treatment around the very sensitive eye area.
Just because a product is from a different country doesn't mean it is bad but its important to check if it is legal in your country and approved for use as regulation in Far East, Russia etc are different from the ones in the EU.....Always better to be safe than sorry!

I agree with JoshinJune, its worth checking if a product is legal to use, especially if a client is trusting you with a treatment around the very sensitive eye area.
Just because a product is from a different country doesn't mean it is bad but its important to check if it is legal in your country and approved for use as regulation in Far East, Russia etc are different from the ones in the EU.....Always better to be safe than sorry!

I agree.. I will actually call my Insurance and check. Better safe than sorry. ;)Xx

Greetings, has anyone had an issue with throat dryness from using this glue?

Greetings, has anyone had an issue with throat dryness from using this glue?

Are you wearing a face mask when lashing? No matter what adhesive you use you should always wear a mask to stop things like sore throat, snivelling nose, head aches etc etc. We need to be protected from the vapours these adhesives produce and, you should be wearing an ffp3 carbon filter mask x

What is the actual temperature that the room should be ? I have heard lot about humidity etc xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back