Slimming World or Weight Watchers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slimming world for me too....I actually love the plan, and have detested any other I've been on. I initially lost 2.5 stones on it, went back to shoft the last stubborn bit of baby weight after I had my dauhgter and now pretty much eat that way out of habit.

My Mum has also successfully lost 7 stone on SW. She tried every other 'home' diet, and they worked, while she stuck to them, but she needed the motivation of the group and to continue going to keep her on the straight and narrow. She certainly wouldn't have got anywhere with hops, skips and jumps....she couldn't even walk. Her health was very bad and her life expectancy...well, I don't really like to think about it.

I think if you have the will power to do it yourself, then great, but many, many more people don't have than do, without that support, so I think there is a definite place for slimming groups. Lets put it this way, without one, my Mum wouldn't be with us, so for some people,. they literally are life and death.

Slimming world for me too....I actually love the plan, and have detested any other I've been on. I initially lost 2.5 stones on it, went back to shoft the last stubborn bit of baby weight after I had my dauhgter and now pretty much eat that way out of habit.

My Mum has also successfully lost 7 stone on SW. She tried every other 'home' diet, and they worked, while she stuck to them, but she needed the motivation of the group and to continue going to keep her on the straight and narrow. She certainly wouldn't have got anywhere with hops, skips and jumps....she couldn't even walk. Her health was very bad and her life expectancy...well, I don't really like to think about it.

I think if you have the will power to do it yourself, then great, but many, many more people don't have than do, without that support, so I think there is a definite place for slimming groups. Lets put it this way, without one, my Mum wouldn't be with us, so for some people,. they literally are life and death.
Well done to your Mum that's brilliant, I hope she is feeling better healthwise for losing the weight too and hope she manages to keep it off. Maybe now she is slimmer she would enjoy some gentle exercise like walking to help keep her weight down? And also well done you, for sticking to your healthy eating habits.

I go to the gym and classes which keeps my weight stable, but also because it makes me feel stronger and increases my energy levels - I just feel more able to cope with everyday rushing around and running a salon, I suppose!

Maybe now she is slimmer she would enjoy some gentle exercise like walking to help keep her weight down?

Thanks hun....she does better than that. At the grand old age of 70...she has now for the very first time in her life joined the gym, and goes to (gentle!) circuit training each week! Not bad for someone who couldn't even walk 3 years ago!

She also does enjoy a nice walk on the beach and this next year has promised she's coming sailing with us!

:hug:

What I always tell new members is that slimming world is the ONLY slimming organisation that is government approved and all changes overseen by a nutritionalist to give them piece of mind, also being the only organisation to support women through pregnancy which should put them at ease in the knowledge it's not a faddy diet and in fact based on common sense eating and a really excellent way to provide a balanced diet for you and your family.

Of course everyone is different and I think if people can lose weight by themselves without the help of a slimming club then that's amazing and they're really lucky to have such fab willpower. Some others though rely heavily on the support of others, the motivation and inspiration to be gained by meeting others in the same boat is so important. For others just the discipline of having someone else weigh them weekly and having it written in a book helps them stay on track.

It's proved effective time and time again and seeing someone reach their target is the most amazing and rewarding thing. With 24 million people in the uk overweight, slimming clubs are invaluable.

Thanks hun....she does better than that. At the grand old age of 70...she has now for the very first time in her life joined the gym, and goes to (gentle!) circuit training each week! Not bad for someone who couldn't even walk 3 years ago!

She also does enjoy a nice walk on the beach and this next year has promised she's coming sailing with us!

:hug:
Blimey that's really great! she has really benefitted form her weight loss then! I wish my mum would do something like that. . . she's the same age as your mum and seems to have developed loads of health probs the past few years - high blood pressure, COPD, asthma etc - but I'm sure gentle exercise would help. But you know how it is, people have to want to do it themselves no matter how much you try to tell them. . .
I hope she enjoys the sailing with you too x x

Latest posts

Back