Small gem on P&W

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather111

Reaction score
I've been asked by a client (next time I do her rebalance) if I could decorate each nail with just one small crystal rhinestone on the smile line. Of course I can I said (!!!).......Which gems do I buy? Where from? What size? AND best of all...how do I apply it?????

Also...on her following rebalance, do I buff it away and lose it??? GOD I must sound stupid but this is all new to me!!!! Oh and how much do I charge??

Any help anyone??

Hello

There are some nice Swarovski Rhinestones on creative nail place which are reasonable and come is some very nice shades for french manicure.

Miami x

Cheap as chips on ebay - search rhinestones - got mine from NAIO supplies - Highly recommend them speedie service.

They have shed loads of stuff, all different shapes & colours, nail jewellry etc etc believe me you'll get carried away!!

Also..dont know if you went to Excel but they had loads of stuff so Gmex would be worth a visit.

Nsi do dried flowers, crushed shells, glitter, pearls or visit your local art shop.

....go for it girl!!
icon_lol.gif

Hope that helps

AMBX

I've got mine on ebay before too. Definiely the cheapest!

As for putting them on, I will put a basecoat on all 10 fingers then go back over those 10 fingers with each gem and gently press it. (it works for me to hold the rhinestone with tweezers.) Then go over with a rich top coat.

I've personally never had any luck with using glue?

Hiya, i normally set them into a tacky coat of clear polish. If you wet an orange stick you can pick them up with that quite easily and place them where you want them on the nail. Press them into the polish and they should stay on. I normally lose the tops of mine and just end up with shiney silver discs on the nail, but if they are still there at the next appt and you wipe them with acetone free nail varnish remover they should come off and are then reuseable. hth x

I bought some star nails diamantes recently but when I encased them in my gel all the facets disappeared! They then looked like little mirror circles. Anyone know why this is? Is it the gems or is it my application?

How much do you charge?

I charge 20p each, there's another thread going about how much to charge for these at the moment. Hth x

Thanks everyone. I'll have a look at Jackies website.

I use the Star Nails Rhinestones. The smaller ones are really cute and you make your money back on them easily.

I have secured them to wet polish before, but found that they last FOREVER if you resin them on...

I wait for any nail polish to dry, put tiny dot of Backscratchers Stikr Resin on a shiny piece of paper (usually the stuff my Sheeer Magic China Silk started off life on :lol: ), get an old dotting tool (which I only use for resin), dot into the resin & onto the nail (perfect round-shaped resin blob on nail now :D ), then pick the rhinestone up with the dotting tool too and place it onto the resin blob and press down gently with the dotting tool. Et voila!! Stone in place :D :D :D

Then tell client to top coat the stone later that day (a few hours later) and then as often as they can remember to (every day if poss - but normally ends up being every 2-3 days). Can normally guarantee the stone is still in place in 2 weeks time when they come in for their maintenance :cool:

I charge £1 PER STONE, or will do a deal on multiple stones/a full set of stones. Clients are mopre than happy with this as they last so long.

When it comes to removing them, I clip the tops of them of & bin them (can't keep or give to client to reuse, I'm afraid :sad: ), then buff gently until the "little mirror circles" that janeburrows mentions are gone.

Sorry to waffle :o and HTHS. xx

Latest posts

Back