Small lumps on forehead

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helengrace000

Reaction score
Hello all,

As the picture shows I have these small lumps on my forehead- loads of them! I don't know if they are spots but they never come to anything and aren't red or anything.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of them? They get me down quite a lot.

Thanks in advance xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401013234.800683.jpg

Hello all,

As the picture shows I have these small lumps on my forehead- loads of them! I don't know if they are spots but they never come to anything and aren't red or anything.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of them? They get me down quite a lot.

Thanks in advance xxView attachment 65902

Could possibly be milia? Sure someone else will be along to explain soon...I'm
more of a nail geek but know a little about skin.

Are there broken capillaries round them?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have these as well but mine are a lot smaller, my beauty therapy teacher told me that they were milias when she was analysing my face. x

If they are milia - which I have to say they look like - you may need to look at your hydration levels, your exfoliation routine and your moisturising routine.
(I also always question what hair products are used when there is a problem on the forehead. Shield the area before spraying products on.)

Thanks for your replies.

No broken capillaries!

I do get milia around my eyes not many but I have a few. The ones on my forehead are all different sizes and in a way less noticeable than the milia around my eyes. They are flatter and not so white. So I wasn't sure if that's what it was! Xx

There was something I googled that a client had she was convinced it was millia but it was flatter and not a pearly bump like millia had capillaries round them and were almost like little islands of oil if that makes sense. It resembled something called sebaceous hyperplasia I think it said...any way the doctor said it's removed by electro therapy so pretty sure that wasn't millia.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

The picture is not clear enough to be definitive but they unlikely to be milia. It looks like you have clogged pores with some possible sebaceous hyperplasia. These are characterised with a depression in the middle but they usually always return no matter how much you squeeze them. They need to be treated by an advanced electrolygist/dermatologist. You need to look at cleansing and exfoliating in order to lessen the outbreak. Are they always present or cyclical or in response to stress?

The picture is not clear enough to be definitive but they unlikely to be milia. It looks like you have clogged pores with some possible sebaceous hyperplasia. These are characterised with a depression in the middle but they usually always return no matter how much you squeeze them. They need to be treated by an advanced electrolygist/dermatologist. You need to look at cleansing and exfoliating in order to lessen the outbreak. Are they always present or cyclical or in response to stress?

Thank you did your reply. Gosh how do I go about seeing a electrolgist/ dermatologist?

To be honest I'm not sure if they are always there or not. I can't always see them in all lights. I was in the car today with a sun roof above me and I saw them in the mirror which is when I took that picture. I've seen them before but I don't always notice them as much as other times! Whereas with milia I can see them in any light.

Thank you did your reply. Gosh how do I go about seeing a electrolgist/ dermatologist?

To be honest I'm not sure if they are always there or not. I can't always see them in all lights. I was in the car today with a sun roof above me and I saw them in the mirror which is when I took that picture. I've seen them before but I don't always notice them as much as other times! Whereas with milia I can see them in any light.

It looks similar to what i get now and again but my whole forehead is covered.
Its like the whole of my forehead is covered in bumps but if you squeeze nothing comes out, its not milia on mine i really dont no what it is just comes and goes randomly.
I would say what makeup you using? what is your skin type? do you use hairspray or have a fringe? xx

The picture is not clear enough, but I would tend to agree with Essentia. I think you may have clogged pores with some sebaceous hyperplasia. These are typically found on the forehead but can appear anywhere on the face. It might be worth going to a salon for a proper skin analysis and advice on suitable skincare or further treatment, as it is difficult to give any further advice without seeing you.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks similar to what i get now and again but my whole forehead is covered.
Its like the whole of my forehead is covered in bumps but if you squeeze nothing comes out, its not milia on mine i really dont no what it is just comes and goes randomly.
I would say what makeup you using? what is your skin type? do you use hairspray or have a fringe? xx

My skin gets shiny easily so quite oily (although feels dry sometimes too) no hair spray or fringe!
Make up I use maybelline mousse foundation with a 17 powder on top.

I use face cream too and face wash. All quite natural and not strong. I exfoliate maybe once a week!xxx

Milia are usually permanent until removed that is why you can always see them although they can sometimes disappear spontaneously. Your forehead along with other areas is more susceptible to androgenic influences hence the blemishes. It may be they come up and go down in a cyclical fashion and that you only notice them more at certain times. Like has been mentioned you need to get a proper consultation with an experienced therapist. It sounds like a type of hormonal mediated acne (sebaceous hyperplasia may still be present) but of course we cannot see you in the flesh to take a detailed history and exam.

My skin gets shiny easily so quite oily (although feels dry sometimes too) no hair spray or fringe!
Make up I use maybelline mousse foundation with a 17 powder on top.

I use face cream too and face wash. All quite natural and not strong. I exfoliate maybe once a week!xxx

I agree I'd defiantly go to have a skin consultation and maybe a make up one to. It could just be one ingredient setting it off. Good luck hope it clears up soon xx

Thank you everyone, really appreciate your help! I'll try and see someone about it xxx

Latest posts

Back