Smile line tool?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alimac

Reaction score
A friend was recently on holiday in the US and had her enhancements done whilst she wsa out there. She mentioned that when they put the white on to do the smile line: 'they just painted it on, patted it down, then pushed the white up with a tool thing' (her words exactly!!) that created a perfect smile line! She said the tool thing looked a bit like an unturned tip.

So my question for you knowledgeable geeks is - does such a beast exist? My smile lines are pretty good, BUT how good would this be to use on yourself?

There have been a few threads about this tool....but not for a while. some have links to pictures of it.
It is a cookie cutter method.....and if you are happy with your smiles then I wouldn't bother. You don;t need it anyway, if you are worried about the smiles on your right hand when you apply with your left, you could do the same thing, as you say,, with an upturned tip. Just as the product is setting push it in and scrape away, it leaves a perfect smile you can just tuck in with your brush if required.
I did try it....but TBH it can be a bit hit & miss as the product has to be just 'on the turn' of setting.

I would persevere with your own smiles.
HTH

She said the tool thing looked a bit like an unturned tip.

It may have been just that.....there was a thread on here somewhere and a tip was used to cut/push the white in place.

The best smile line tool you own is a good brush and lots of practice..this is something that a lot of people struggle with but as you practice more you will see there really is no need for such a thing.
As Izzi says keep perservering...you will soon get there, especially as you say your smile lines are pretty good already x

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for all your interesting replies - I will feed info back to my friend. In the meantime I think I will stick to the old brush!

Latest posts

Back