SNS products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Ladies -

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I know a lot has been said about SNS, and while I have my own misgivings about the product line, I would love to know more about what is IN the products as well as the answers to a few burning questions I have.

1. Can anyone tell me what the polish/paint is? I know salons will tell you it's gel, but I have a hard time believing this as it sets without UV or LED light.

2. Does anyone know what the exact minerals and vitamins are in the product? SNS claims that the product contains various minerals and vitamins to make the nails healthy, yet I can't find MSDS sheets or even a simple list of what these are.

3. Are SNS similar to LeChat? (Around a million years ago when I trained.)

4. What product is used to remove the SNS system?

Any help would be much appreciated.

K x

On googling this I see it's a tip and dip system, I've never heard of this brand before though is it an Australian brand?
There are a few threads about dipping systems, maybe a search would answer some of your questions until our Aussie geeks check this out!
I've never tried a dipping system, I just can't get my head around how you would ever get a smooth surface using that method!

The brand looks to be from China or possibly South-East Asia, i'm not sure, @izzidoll. It's definitely not Australian.

You're correct, it's tip and dip, however a lot of clients who come in to us asking for it/about it claim to have been told it's gel. While *i* know better, I would prefer a little more info before I give them a concrete answer.

It's popping up in more small city nail bars, and a lot are really pushing the "organic" claim, which makes me irrationally angry. How only earth a nail system to claim to in any way be organic is beyond me. As I said, it's quite hard to find out any information that's not directly from the website. (www.snsnails.com)

Sorry! I just realised this in the wrong forum. Apologies, ladies. x
Ive never used this system before so i cant answer all your questions, sorry. What i csn answer for you though is- not all gels have to be cured. I have gel products thst dont need to be cured snd they work fine. I originally bought them thinking they wouldnt work and wanted to prove it was all crap. They proved me wrong. They are pretty good actually :)

Ive never used this system before so i cant answer all your questions, sorry. What i csn answer for you though is- not all gels have to be cured. I have gel products thst dont need to be cured snd they work fine. I originally bought them thinking they wouldnt work and wanted to prove it was all crap. They proved me wrong. They are pretty good actually :)
Really? Sounds interesting!

If you don't mind me asking, what brand was the gel? Would love to see how it fares. x

Sure.
Really? Sounds interesting!

If you don't mind me asking, what brand was the gel? Would love to see how it fares. x
Its either artisan or entity. As soon as i get home ill check. :)

Hi, I'm in Melbourne and yes, this stuff is EVERYWHERE! From the name, Bot Nhung, I'm assuming it's a Vietnamese product.

1. Looking at the various MSDS for the base, top and glue, they are all cyanoacrylate based (the chemical in nail glue/resin), so definitely not the same composition of an acrylic monomer or a uv gel product. http://snsnails.com/product-info-msds-support

2. The website says the product contains calcium, vitamins A, E, D3, B5. Personally, I feel it's a bit of a crock trying to promote that these keep the nail healthy, as I don't see how they'd penetrate the nail plate, and it's questionable what they'd do just sitting on top of the nail.

3. Similar to Lechat in what sense? I guess they're similar in that they are both nail product brands, but from what I've seen, Lechat has a much broader range of products, whereas I've only seen the dipping system from SNS.

4. SNS can be removed by soaking in acetone or filing off.

Yeah, the organic claims bother me too. This whole 'safe, healthy, organic' angle they promote grinds my gears.

The product isn't a direct alternative to hard gel or l&p acrylic enhancements, as you can't build structure and the strength isn't there. In terms of strength, it's stronger than soak off gel polish. It can be good for people allergic to traditional monomer and uv gel, as long as they're not also allergic to nail glue also.

There is definitely a huge hype about it here at the moment, but I'm not rushing out to buy it just yet ;-)

Thank you so much @shinynails. I'll definitely take a look at the MSDS sheets.

1. So basically it's super glue painted on to the nail with acrylic powder on top?
2. You are absolutely right. I highly doubt that the set product would be leeching vitamins into the body via the nail plate. If so, then I would be worried about what else is being absorbed.
3. When I trained with LeChat they had a tip and dip system which worked almost exactly the same. Although, now that I think of it there was UV curing between each layer.

I think it's nice to have an option for those who do suffer from allergies, however, as you said, I won't be running out to buy the system any time soon.

x

Yeah, looks like a fancy cyanoacrylate glue with polymer powder on top. The other tip and dip systems I've seen have been uv cure or a resin that's activated by some kind of spray, but I haven't had personal experience with them at all.

Oh cool, I wasn't aware Lechat have a tip and dip system, I'll have to take a look.

I'm an allergy sufferer myself, but I know what I personally need to avoid. I'd rather CND Brisa Lite, with Shellac on top any day, for a durable, hypoallergenic, soak off option.

SNS has been marketed and promoted so well here though, by the NSS. There are 4 NSS in my local shopping centre and each of them has a huge SNS poster in the window, and they charge more than for a full set of acrylic. Clients really think it is a new, wonder product. Do you have clients coming and asking you for it?

I am interested in investigating this further. my cousin is a flight attendant and got her nails done with this system on the west coast. of course she had 99 questions that were brought to be due to the language barrier between her and her tech and I couldn't answer them... I have been researching and I don't offer acrylic services of any kind so im open to a dip system...I think artisan may be a better quality alternative but that may be because I find the claims on sns to be a little less than realistic and I can appreciate a product not "over-selling" itself with promises it cant keep.

im specifically interested in the "gelous" line here though...the color selections are attractive and because it dries hard I feel like it would be good for clients who claim to peel. BUT it may crack (like my old lightening kit by kiss used to in the 4 grade) which is just as unattractive as a chip IMO......ahhhhhh decisions decisions.....

WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?!?!?

I really wouldn't mind a dip system over curing lamps (for ppl who believe they can cause health issues-I wont get into that) but for the gelous line specifically I would like to know if the removal is as long or quicker?

I may take the plunge and buy the gel set and a color and recruit testers from Craigslist....DONT JUDGE ME..at least im not testing on animals ...

Mmmmm I've just had a client come in with SNS and they been on for 5 weeks and are perfect. This is one of my old clients who moved back to the Uk and just comes in every now and then she said I couldn't infill them as they weren't L & P or Gel, I said I'm sure it would be fine on top but who knows! Is it more like a gel polish or is it in filled too! Also how can they get away with there outrageous claims, anyone know who they are?

I don`t know why they call it "organic", main ingredient of those liquids is ethyl-2-cyanacrylat (just plain superglue).

I`m allergic to all nail gels and acrilyc. After few weeks with nail gel I always have redness on my face, around eyes and my neck, it`s always itching and pilling off. I already know that I have allergy to metacrylat, which is the main ingredient of all nail gels etc.

I was searching for more information about hypoallergenic products and I found SNS. Many people say that they don`t have any reactions to SNS because it`s absolutely different system with different ingredients. Sounds perfect, right.

I checked their website to find more information about ingredients, was absolutely satisfied to know that all SNS products don`t contain metacrylat, and ordered everything I need (about 200 dollars!:mad:).

But I was absolutely shocked when it arrived.

Everything except sealer contains METACRYLAT, which is really TOXIC and dangerous for many people. After 2 weeks with SNS on my nails I have the same allergy reaction-redness on my face, itching skin.

How is that possible to public information about ingredients online and sell products with different ingredients? That`s illegal.:confused::eek:

Attachments

• 9305809.jpg
    9305809.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 83
Hi ladies. I went to a nearby salon to have a set of SNS nails applied bc I was curious. The process appeared to be easy. No liquid, no odor, no light. I love them. They are strong, light & maintain the shine. They were pricey tho. So I went ahead and bought the SNS, Signature Nail System. The information in the literature that came with my grand master kit was vague. I have been watching videos & googling to try to find more in depth information that I can share with my clients should they have questions. They claim to have these vitamins & to be more healthy for your nails. When reading the msds sheets on their web site, I do not see vitamins listed. Also the booklet reads "organically processed chemicals". I don't know about you gals, but organic & chemical do not go hand in hand, if you know what I mean. I have sent emails & made calls to the company, which is out of Florida, but I have yet to hear from anybody. I have done four sets of Gelous which is over the natural nails. I'm confused because there is "gelous base" & a "gel base". There has to be a difference but I can't find out exactly what the difference is. It's hard for me to sell this product if I'm not sure exactly what it is. So I'm on here to try & find answers....lol. I did fill on my nails & I still love them. I will continue to research the products and the process. Wish me luck.

Is this not similar method to LCN?

http://www.lcnprofessional.com/store/c/34-Professional-Nails.aspx

Light cured Nails
They were one of the first to start this idea they don't claim to be gel or acrylic or fibre they also not very clear about what it is exactly how ever they are extremely pricy but they are also amazing the work I have seen from lcn technicians is amazing ! Think one of the better known geeks on here uses LCN she says she hasn't ever had to soak off just does fills as they never lift and last so long.

Can't remember which geek it was !

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1483352468.272629.jpg

Ok here is one of my nails AFTER the removal of one of the nails done by SNS systems. They had been on for a couple of months now so had about 3 or 4 infills. I'm completely shocked by the condition of my nails. I initially thought this was a fantastic product as it was thin and strong.

I think I may have posted this in an old thread

I think I may have posted this in an old thread
I have been using SNS for approximately three months. Now I have clients that want just gelous. I use gelous base, gelous powder, then repeat the process so each finger has two coats, then use a gel topcoat. Now these clients come back every two weeks to change color. I rough up the gel top coat, apply a 1x1 gauze soaked with acetone to the nail, then wrapped with foil. We wait 10 minutes, twist the gauze & the product comes right off. The client's nails are fine. No peeling. Now, you have to remember that with any enhancement that stays on the nail, it will maintain moisture. The moisture should evaporate within two days. Now I have not removed any pink & whites yet. I will let you know what the nails look like when I do.

Interesting reading up on this.. I've had clients asking now I can explain more about it Sounds really awful Superglue and powder... organic?! Oh please

Latest posts

Back