So angry, another technician copied!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelBeautique

Reaction score
So basically my business Facebook is filled with over 150 photos of nail designs and sets I've done. I'm quite happy to have a wee portfolio for all my clients and potential clients to see ( a lot have said its like a catalogue of nails to choose from) anyway this morning when I logged on one of my friends I made at college has uploaded a photo of a design that can't even be coinsidence that its exactly the same as one of my photos, I was annoyed but then I went into her profile and about 70% of her photos are my designs!! Exactly the same!!! What can I do she's only up the road from me! I would have minded if she was from another area, but honestly it's unbelievable!! Has this happened to any of you? I'm not confrontational so i don't want to say anything. I also unfriended her straight away! Doesn't stop her being able to access my photos xx

I would speak to her and ask her quite calmly and reasonably why she appears to be using your photos. At the very least to make her aware that you know she's doing it.

Otherwise I believe it is possible to put a watermark across photos although dont know how to do it myself some others might. Otherwise but your business card in the photo when you take it.

Oh dear, so she's not stolen your pics but copied your design?

Can't you block her?

I wouldn't worry about it. If you're really wanting to do something you can put a POLITE notice on your Facebook page, saying that you proudly sport all your own designs and emphasise the design element of your work, or perhaps make a point of bespoke designs to suit each client. Sort of hint at it. Or you can start tagging your pictures stating 'Originally designed for X client on dd.mm.yy' then people will be able to see that you've created it yourself first.

If it were me? I'd block her as best I could, contact Facebook to ask if there are any steps you can take to stop her seeing your particular albums & either way just crack on. If someone mentioned it is say I'm not sure where she gets her inspiration from but I know my designs are 100% my own creations.

Frankly, we all absorb ideas from other places so there's not much you can do or say really! Ignore xx

She's not copied my photos thank goodness!! Or I really would have something to say!! Don't get me wrong sometimes on here ill have a nosey through "what nails are you sporting today" posts and ill see one or 20 haha and think ill try that! She's just too close to me ( location wise) thanks girls xx

I would not worry too much. She obviously thinks all your designs are lovely and wanted to try. You should see it as a compliment to your work. They are obviously fab designs ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'd ignore it. She's obviously not creative enough to dream up new things. Maybe you should go all out making really hard nails, designs she will struggle to recreate. I seen some on tv with feathers embedded in the nail, could you not try other materials? Habidashers have a lot of off cuts you can get cheap and embed them so it looks like a design but is really fabric and see te mess she makes trying to recreate xoxo

A so called friend mine copied my price list exactly (Apart from name change) and then under cut me in price. Then she handed them out to some of my existing clients (they told me) and leaflet dropped through doors of mutual friends I already did! I then did a shellac course about 2 years ago and she did that too! She only took up beauty because I had been doing it for years and had gone self employed and was very busy. I don't have much to do with her now but I know she's not very busy and I'm always chocca, so that makes me feel good...;-)

I feel your pain... Not only was my price list copied but my whole salon!!! Thought I would share a few pics x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349712533.523314.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349712533.523314.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 388
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349712547.348853.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349712547.348853.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 373
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349712563.194833.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349712563.194833.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 370
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349712577.963470.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349712577.963470.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 392
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349712589.971876.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349712589.971876.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 387
first 3 pics are my salon the 2nd 2 are hers! x

That must have been frustrating as it is so similar i had to look twice!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I was livid, she was a client too its sooo frustrating shes only in the next town, she has copied everything on my pricelist too and im sure she copies and pastes my statuses!

You just have to try and rise above it karma will get them
I tell myself im the ORIGINAL lol
I just smile to myself when I see my fb page has over 1000 likes and hers only has 200 odd

I was livid at the time though, I felt like I had been punched :( x

I am sure that's not allowed! I am with babtac and they offer free legal advice through the insurance. I would be livid. It does show you have excellent taste though. You have your very own stalker!! Maybe a restraining order is necessary! Ha ha.

I did go to a solicitor but they said there was nothing they could do :( x

You should watermark your pics to stop people taking them. U can get an app to do this:)

I really feel for you all as I know how upsetting and frustrating this can be!!!!! A (so called) friend of mine copied my whole career plan including my idea of setting up a prom pamper business in our area as no one was doing it at the time. I had known the girl since I was about 10 so I would confide to her often about whom I would target , how I would advertise, what I would offer , prices and I told her all about the website I was going to create etc. Then all of a sudden I didnt hear from her for months , she always put me off seeing her and fobbed me off when i called to chat . Then one day I was online and I saw a link on her facebook asking people to like her new business page , I went on and I felt like I had been punched in the stomach she not only had set up her own business exactly how I was going to do mine , but she had copied my 'all about me ' word for word as I showed her my ideas of what i would write!! It was actually a bit freaky! I was gutted and I will admit I cried as I thought she was my friend , but I have cut her off now and feel so much happier in knowing my ideas , designs and even words must have been good or else she wouldnt have copied them . As I know her well , I also know she is a very un- creative person. which made it even more frustrating!! as she kinda stole my thunder!! An amazing friend of mine said she thought she had always copied me since we were kids ( hair etc) so other people do notice . She also said if your the creative one that had the ideas in the first place , you will ALWAYS be able to come up with more. Which is nice ....Still felt like I wanted to kill her though!!! lol :(

first 3 pics are my salon the 2nd 2 are hers! x

OH. MY. GOD!!!!!
That is so shockingly close! Jeez I know people like ideas and copy similar but yours is so original and she's been so blatant!!

I'm angry for you so I can't begin to imagine how u must feel.

You should watermark your pics to stop people taking them. U can get an app to do this:)

Sorry to gatecrash but do you know the name of one? The last one I had was rubbish, I want to get a split screen one too, for before and afters?x

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Sorry to gatecrash but do you know the name of one? The last one I had was rubbish, I want to get a split screen one too, for before and afters?x

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

It doesn't have to be a watermark app specifically just any photo editing app where you can add text & do split screen will do the job. There are loads try searching photo edit or phonto & look for split screen versions Xx

I go through every like on my page and block anyone who is in the beauty/nail industry. Might sound silly, but I'm not going to feed someone for free. We all know people have no problem copying n stealing ur ideas. I use normal text editing apps to put my details on every pic.

I feel your pain... Not only was my price list copied but my whole salon!!! Thought I would share a few pics x

That is unbelievable :( I am shocked how obvious it's been copied!! I would feel so embarrassed to do this to someone.
Mind I can tell the original one ;) and I no which I'd rather go to.
You are right to. Karma x x

Latest posts

Back