So angry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brervixen

Reaction score
I am so angry and upset. I had a client who is a friend, she's had her nails done a few times by me, and has always been happy with the results, she was so excited when the new paradise collection was released as there was a yellow.
So, I said to her that I will buy it in especially for her, it wasn't a colour that I would have bought otherwise, as she promised she wanted the yellow nails, to go with her work.

Just seen a picture on her fb and she's gone somewhere else to get her nails done. Granted she hasn't had the yellow, but still... I think it's rather out of order. I'm so upset and sort of angry. :cry:

I can see why you are upset but that's life I'm afraid. Could you send her a text in the next few days to say that "her" colour has now arrived if she wants to come for an appointment?
She is not forced to know that you have seen that her nails have been done elsewhere and it kind of puts the ball back into her court.

On a different note, that colour might be your most popular this summer so it's not all waste, really.

It must be frustrating that your friend has had her nails done elsewhere, but it's her prerogative to do so.

Why not advertise this fab new colour and get some clients in for it?

I totally understand it's her choice where she gets her nails done... It just makes me question myself. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the face that she has been so enthusiastic about my work... it all feels like she was just blowing smoke up my arse so to speak.

She knows the colour is in because I've posted about it on my facebook page and she's commented!

Anyway... such is life... I suppose.

I wouldn't worry about it hun, Ive got a few 'friends' that have done this, I let it go over my head....it's normally a jealousy thing! just know that you are good at what you do and carry on with other clients, it's all a part of the industry and experience.

Lo xx

Yellow is a really popular colour this season. Try and encourage as many of your clients to try this new colour. Doing your own nails in a particular colour almost always encourages some clients to try it, especially when it's new in.

Wear it, show it off!

Take fabulous pictures of all the lovely nails you do and post pictures on Facebook. Show this client what she's missing out on, at the same time creating a bit of a buzz about this gorgeous new colour you have in! :)

I have friends that don't even come to me - EVER! They go to NSS type salons! I'm still new & even offered free gel nails - if course practice & speed needed- but I post pics of my work & they "like" & "comment" but NeVER come to me!

Latest posts

Back