So frustrating when people don't get back to you!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

violet1

Reaction score
During the last couple of weeks I have had so many enquiries, email and text, even sorted the day out etc.. Then they don't get back to me! I find it really frustrating! For example I booked a lady in via an email for shellac fingers and toes, all ok, sorted time etc all confirmed - great. Next day she emails asking her if I could do her mum as well, the same thing. I replied no, as I have another lady booked straight in afterwards and offered her other times/days. She doesn't get back to me for two days, so again I email. She doesn't want her appointment but will call me re another appointment for both her and her mum. Well that was over a week ago, so obviously she's not going to book!

I just find it so frustrating especially when I don't have no where near enough clients. Gets my hope up for them to let me down!

I realise this is something I have to get used to but very annoying. The thing is people hardly ever call, if they did I can make sure I book them in!

Does everyone else have a lot of people like this? or is it just me! :confused:

I realise this is something I have to get used to but very annoying. The thing is people hardly ever call, if they did I can make sure I book them in!

Does everyone else have a lot of people like this? or is it just me! :confused:
This is why I keep my business to my phone and Facebook, this way I can generally tell if someone is being ignorant by their activities on Facebook & my delivery reports on my phone - you'll get there tho and the busier you get, the less you'll fret about it :) x

After 15 years, I still call the day before to confirm. Great habit to get into. Even when clients know when their appt is, they still wait for my call. Ppl will still cancel, but at least I have a day to work on my ppl waiting list to get in and usually I can fill the spot. If not, woohooo, I get to have lunch, which rarely happens

Sent from my MB200 using SalonGeek

Yes I do and also they will book and then cancel at last minute... Had a lot of it over last couple of weeks and just put it down to being the school hols, well I hope so anyway lol!

The only other thing ( which may not be best thing) is to not have all the openings available that they want. When ppl know they can cancel and get in pretty much when its good for them, they will. I noticed since I have been VERY booked and if a client cancels and can't get in (sometimes til next appt), there is A LOT less cancellations.

Sent from my MB200 using SalonGeek

That sounds like a good plan Joyelle! You can accommodate those you want to and encourage the rest to behave themselves nicely!

If u get emails ask for a phone number to call them on, then the appt is booked there and then you have a contact number for them in the future instead of checking emails all the time waiting for a reply x

I get this alot too! And it really is frustrating .. Like someone else said I have learnt to tell customers I am really busy (even when Im not) that way they are less likely to cancel and rebook whenever it suits them because they are worried it will be too long before getting a new appointment!

Also had a lot of people trying to haggle my prices lately.. which I find very irritating as I already have really good prices and special offers! Some people are just hard to please I guess!

xx

I usually dont have too many problems with people cancelling. But I do remember one particular occasion when a girl cancelled on me twice.

I sent a text reminding her that she an appointment the next day. She replied that all was ok, so I turned up at the door & somebody answered the door saying that the dad had ust been rushed to hospital. I accepted this & truth and left.

Then she booked another appointment, again I sent a reminder text the morning of the afternoon appointment & I had a positive reply. So I turned up at the door & this time the girl thought I couldnt hear & promptly said to a family member just tell her Im out ! I wasnt amused.

Needless to say her number is permanently in my phone memory & I flatly refuse to book another appointment !!!

I learnt very quickly when customers called to make out that they should wait a moment whilst I checked my diary (that way I appeared very busy even when I wasnt at the time).

I would make the sound of thumbing through the pages of my diary & then ask if they were after morning or afternoon appointments. I would then poke around suggesting days of the week until we kind of agreed what they thought was the only available times I had... Still works a treat although most weeks I am pretty much booked up...

My facebook page (dedicated to my nail stuff) has worked brilliantly & once I had a few clients word spread quickly :) Clients love flicking through designs I have done & usually end up booking up because of them.. :)

Latest posts

Back