So many polishes!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamliz

Reaction score
I'm really sorry if this thread has alraedy been posted but i'm just really interested in hearing all your views on this topic.

Until recently I had been using Essie polishes in my salon. I've had to find alternative polish brands in black to use on clients (there seems to stil be this craze for dark polishes!!) as I really dont like Essie's version which i stock, Licorice.

What polishes does everyone use / prefer??? There are just so many to choose from :confused:

I'm wanting to move away from Essie and introduce another brand and am open to all your suggestions!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

A fab black enamel is Voodoo by Creative :D

I like Creative polishes but they stopped selling them at my local beauty supply :confused: I do use OPI but I'm not crazy about the larger brushes they just introduced into their polish. I have heard that Tammy Taylors polishes are nice but I have not tried them yet.

Black onyx is gorgeous by OPI.

i have been using OPI since i qualified in may last year, but although the polish is nice and colours range is wide, i must admit i hate the 'pro-wide' brush, its great if all your clients have large wide nails, but for someone like me with tiny nail beds one swipe and youve covered half the finger as well :rolleyes:

but i bought some Creative ones last week on my course, wow, the difference is fab, very smooth and the brush is a lovely size ,even on my small nails, and the range of colours is amazing, and ive got to say im amazed at how much cheaper they were than the OPI ones too

i know lots of people use essie, orly and other brands too, so im sure someone else will reccomend another good range too, can i just say though, voodoo is a gorgeous 'really black' black though, and looks fab on

hths xx

Last edited:
i have been using OPI since i qualified in may last year, but although the polish is nice and colours range is wide, i must admit i hate the 'pro-wide' brush, its great if all your clients have large wide nails, but for someone like me with tiny nail beds one swipe and youve covered half the finger as well :rolleyes:

but i bought some creative ones last week on my course, wow, the difference is fab, very smooth and the brush is a lovely size ,even on my small nails, and the range of colours is amazing, and ive got to say im amazed at how much cheaper they were than the OPI ones too

i know lots of people use essie, orly and other brands too, so im sure someone else will reccomend another good range too, can i just say though, voodoo is a gorgeous 'really black' black though, and looks fab on

hths xx

Not to hijack this thread but you do raise an interesting point about the price point of different enamels.

The CND price point for their enamels is perfect for salons to make a good return on their investment in the brand. CND keep the price of enamel low so that their professionals can do just that. The price is no reflection on the quality of the enamel which is the highest ... here's what you get.

• A professional quality Polish.
  • A beautiful quality professional brush that fans out to fit the eponychium perfectly.
  • A huge range of colours and 6 seasonal new colours 3 times per year to work with the fashion trends.
  • The best coverage with intense pigments.
  • Smooth application ... no streaking.
  • CND enamels never need to be thinned and do not go thick with normal salon use.
  • Full range of treatments for all nail types.
  • An easy to hold bottle.
  • An enamel made to make life easy for the professional at a realistic price to make retailing easy.

Not to hijack this thread but you do raise an interesting point about the price point of different enamels.

The CND price point for their enamels is perfect for salons to make a good return on their investment in the brand. CND keep the price of enamel low so that their professionals can do just that. The price is no reflection on the quality of the enamel which is the highest ... here's what you get.

• A professional quality Polish.
  • A beautiful quality professional brush that fans out to fit the eponychium perfectly.
  • A huge range of colours and 6 seasonal new colours 3 times per year to work with the fashion trends.
  • The best coverage with intense pigments.
  • Smooth application ... no streaking.
  • CND enamels never need to be thinned and do not go thick with normal salon use.
  • Full range of treatments for all nail types.
  • An easy to hold bottle.!!!!!!
  • life easy for the professional at a realistic price to make retailing easy.

do you know i didnt mention that , but thats something else i liked about them, the bottle shape, i struggled to hold the polish in my hand (like your supposed to) with the larger more rounded ones, but it just seemed to fit naturally in my palm, with the Creative one :)

Where can I purchase (online) CND enamels trade price from?

Thanks for all your help & advice ladies xxxx Much appreciated xxxxx

Where can I purchase (online) CND enamels trade price from?

Thanks for all your help & advice ladies xxxx Much appreciated xxxxx

Very shortly you will be able to purchase on line but for the moment ring the official distributor in Glasgow. The numbers are listed here on the site under distributors.

Click above on Navigation
Click on Links
look to the right hand side of the page inder Most Active Links and click on CND Sub distributors. HTH

CND! CND! CND! I also have Essie, thier colours seem wishy-washy, often needing three coats to get the true depth of the colour. Can do no better then CND as far as I'm concerned, Voodoo, and actually all of the massive colour spectrum from CND, are true colours and appear on the nail as they are in the bottle - does that make sense?!! :confused:

cnd 's voodoo everytime...its the best ever black ..i love it

Black onyx is gorgeous by OPI.

I'm with Bexi on this the Black Onyx is fabulous, also if you are looking for another great dark colour try OPI's Russian Navy, it is a really gorgeous deep dark Blue.

Latest posts

Back