SO sad :,(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sher16

Reaction score
So upset....this evening my CND uv lamp is no more :,,,,,(

I stocked up on products on Mon whilst at a class at my local cnd academy. Including a big bottle of dsolve. Car stunk of acetone like smell on Tues, thought nothing of it......Left it out on my kitchen counter yesterday until i put it away today - noticed a little puddle underneath when I went to put it away and thought I must have knocked it over and spilt some (forgetting its sealed- dont ask!) so put it in the base of my case upright assuming i just spilled it - note I store all my bottles of all products upright in the base of my case - wedged in to keep upright and safe and no space for error and spilling!

Was mobile tonight - so popped my lamp in the base in it's material cover, as I do everytime I am mobile as its safe and secure etc.

Get to clients house tonight. Do her nails. At end did shellac nail art....

Removed lamp. Material cover appeared to be WELDED on to my lamp so I managed to tear it off. Yes....my lamp is all warped and deformed....

I touched all the bottles in my case all dry- my consultation forms - dry - all appears fine. Until I lift out my *new* bottle of dsolve and realise it is leaking?!!!!! So I took screw top off - breaking the seal - OK so that cant be it - squeeze it and....its cracked!!!!!. Mind goes back to worktop incident - I almost swear.

I actually think if I had not been at a clients I would have burst in to tears.

Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh!!!!

Just thought I would share my traumatic story - RIP faithful lamp :,(

So upset....this evening my CND uv lamp is no more :,,,,,(

I stocked up on products on Mon whilst at a class at my local cnd academy. Including a big bottle of dsolve. Car stunk of acetone like smell on Tues, thought nothing of it......Left it out on my kitchen counter yesterday until i put it away today - noticed a little puddle underneath when I went to put it away and thought I must have knocked it over and spilt some (forgetting its sealed- dont ask!) so put it in the base of my case upright assuming i just spilled it - note I store all my bottles of all products upright in the base of my case - wedged in to keep upright and safe and no space for error and spilling!

Was mobile tonight - so popped my lamp in the base in it's material cover, as I do everytime I am mobile as its safe and secure etc.

Get to clients house tonight. Do her nails. At end did shellac nail art....

Removed lamp. Material cover appeared to be WELDED on to my lamp so I managed to tear it off. Yes....my lamp is all warped and deformed....

I touched all the bottles in my case all dry- my consultation forms - dry - all appears fine. Until I lift out my *new* bottle of dsolve and realise it is leaking?!!!!! So I took screw top off - breaking the seal - OK so that cant be it - squeeze it and....its cracked!!!!!. Mind goes back to worktop incident - I almost swear.

I actually think if I had not been at a clients I would have burst in to tears.

Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh!!!!

Just thought I would share my traumatic story - RIP faithful lamp :,(

Oh no what a disaster! :(
Rhiannon x

Yup! The biggest annoyance is why I picked the cracked bottle off of the shelf, and not a perfect bottle - why me, why me ! I would say LOL if I was in a better mood, maybe by Saturday I will have gotton over it! ;-) Sooooooo annoyed! *kick kick kick*

Yup! The biggest annoyance is why I picked the cracked bottle off of the shelf, and not a perfect bottle - why me, why me ! I would say LOL if I was in a better mood, maybe by Saturday I will have gotton over it! ;-) Sooooooo annoyed! *kick kick kick*

And breathe....these things happen to us all sweetie. Definitely take the bottle back and get a new one/refund though. Sorry I can't say anything to make you feel better :(
Rhiannon x

That is so rubbish. I can imagine one of those moments where your are totally gutted at yourself!

I would take the bottle back and maybe take the lamp in and ask is there anything you can do? You never know they might offer you a new one? Out of the goodness of their hearts.

Xxxx

And breathe....these things happen to us all sweetie. Definitely take the bottle back and get a new one/refund though. Sorry I can't say anything to make you feel better :(
Rhiannon x

I will - going to replace it tomorrow. Right now its sat in a huge bowl in my kitchen where it cant damage anything else ;-)

If anything at least it proves how strong mma nails are that do not soak off - my solid plastic lamp is melted and deformed, yet acetone cant melt a little mma enhancement...eeesh!

Scary!

X

That is so rubbish. I can imagine one of those moments where your are totally gutted at yourself!

I would take the bottle back and maybe take the lamp in and ask is there anything you can do? You never know they might offer you a new one? Out of the goodness of their hearts.

Xxxx

I did ponder that.....but not sure, cant see how they would, suppose they cant check every bottle for damage so its my fault for putting it in my case - but you just assume these bottles are sturdy dont you and not cracked afterall it must have been leaking on their shelf... Woops. Wont make the same mistake again anyway will be squeezing hell out of any bottle before it goes near my case...

I really was livid, one of those moments you are so angry but just at yourself. And even more angry that i bought the dsolve! Lol! The big bottle too...typical ha ha!

X

I know. :(.

They will change your bottle though if it's any consolation. When I went for my course it was an hours drive away, so got all my shellac home to discover one of my bulbs was broken. I was gutted for not checking it. Anyway so I called up and they were going to post it. But I was so looking forward to trying it that i went back and picked it up. And they let me pick a free colour for my trouble :) x

What a sorry tale, you must have been so upset, such a shame when you had left us on such a high after your training (a little bird tells me you were great in class and really enjoyed it all ;))

Yes, out of the goodness of our hearts we will not only replace your bottle of D-solve we will also replace your lamp:)

Give us a call in the morning 0131 333 3180, ask for Heather and she will sort it for you.

Fiona xxx

What a sorry tale, you must have been so upset, such a shame when you had left us on such a high after your training (a little bird tells me you were great in class and really enjoyed it all ;))

Yes, out of the goodness of our hearts we will not only replace your bottle of D-solve we will also replace your lamp:)

Give us a call in the morning 0131 333 3180, ask for Heather and she will sort it for you.

Fiona xxx

Good on you Fiona and the Edinburgh girls! I'm with you too!

Lilian

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Absolutely amazing customer service from Fiona and all at the fingertips centre as always!!

Fiona xxx

Awwwwwwww Fiona, thank you soooo much!!!

I really wasnt going to ask for that as I know it is my own silly mistake for putting it in my case. I know it is only a lamp but its my pride and joy ha ha - I almost welled up when I realised what had happened, sad - yes I know !!

You are all stars and yes, I LOVED my training on Monday, Fee was fantastic and such a privilege to have had my class with her.

Thank you again I shall ring Heather later this morning. Awe! Thank you, have cheered me right up!

xx hugs xx

Awww I love a story that ends well! What amazing service!

Absolutely amazing customer service from Fiona and all at the fingertips centre as always!!

Second to none arent they x

Lolly - thats such a shame! It is a pain when something goes wrong isnt it. That was so kind of them to give you a wee shellac for your troubles! XX

So sorry to hear what has happened, I too would have been gutted.

Butv what a fantastic offer from Fiona , that is great customer service, something that is sadly lacking in most companies.

Cheered me up now reading this :D

I <3 fingertips! The girls are amazing. It's one of the reasons I'm pleased I still stay in Scotland xx

Fiona xxx

and that........ is what you call customer service! Restores your faith in people with just that one gesture, good on you ladies x

And I didn't know it was Edinburgh you went to too! Me aswell!

They at lovely ladies there and ever so helpful! X

I'm a fingertips newbie and always enjoy my visits (despite the money I spend!) but this sort of service takes them to a different league! Well done Fiona, totally impressed x

I love a happy ending :)

Latest posts

Back