Soak off clips, any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Ebay clips finally came in. There are horrible. Do not waste your money. They are way too big! If you put a cotton ball under and close it, they do not close tight enough. The ProTip Clips are infinitely better and worth the higher price. If you buy these cheaper clips, they might work if you put an elastic band around them snugly. They are pretty cheaply made so they will probably not last long.

Which eBay ones did you get?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

On that specific eBay listing (posted earlier in the thread), there are 2 different designs. They're just listed as different colours on there but they are defo different designs.

I've ordered the purple ones as I thought the pink ones didn't look very secure

Which eBay ones did you get?

The are called "Gel Off".

$_1.JPG

I've got these ones. I find they work really well and give a secure tight fit against the nail. I don't know how they would stand up to constant use in a busy salon though and there's not a pedi version.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413793563.372429.jpg

I had a play with the protip clips at my cnd course yesterday, they are brilliant and I'll definitely be investing in some!

I've got these ones. I find they work really well and give a secure tight fit against the nail. I don't know how they would stand up to constant use in a busy salon though and there's not a pedi version.

View attachment 77194

Have you found them to be more effective than foil? xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you found them to be more effective than foil? xxx

I found them just as effective as foil (comparing with magi wraps). I used cotton pads under the clips which I also used to remove any stubborn patches of polish so it's definitely more cost effective. I do like foils but sometimes they tear or you can't get them quite as tight as you'd like. When the clips are on your client can do nothing with their hands which is good for us but not for them - my last lady complained that she couldn't blow her nose with them on.

The are called "Gel Off".

$_1.JPG

I didn't think they looked like they would be tight enough. I've ordered the purple ones shown in the pic under yours

Mine took 5 weeks to arrive but so far so good

Attachments

• 1414927541799.jpg
    1414927541799.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 154
I've got the purple ones like the ladies above. They work well. However i did squeeze them yesterday for a better fit on my client but i think it squeezed out some acetone which didnt help so next time no squeezing! :o

They are so cheap so if you dont like them you've lost a few quid.

There is a lady on one of the FB groups who bought mani and pedi set of ProTip clips but she hated them, now she's wasted alot of money (unless she manages to sell them again but at a loss)

I've ordered another 3 packs, so when I've used one set i can put them in for cleaning and get out the other clean set.

Have any of you Gel polish users come across these? Just wondering if they are any good for removal, just thinking they would help with keeping foil in place? But wondering if they are uncomfortable for the client?
Thanks

I've just received mine and they're amazing! And so cheap! Ive done a dozen removals so far with them and I actually used one hand pro tip clips (fellow nail tech friend has a pair) and one hand my eBay clips. Absolutely no difference in soak off and, although, the pro tip clips are tiny bit thicker for the plastic I see no point in spending the extra money when these clips are just a s good.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416650817.413647.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416650944.545531.jpg

Not sure if I should post this! But just for info purposes, I have the pro tip clips which are great and I use them for my shellac ladies but I've gotta say these are just as good yet a fraction of the cost! Good as a back up or even instead of! Pm me for a link or search yourself! Just thought I would share, hope that's alright!! 😁😁

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the cheaper ebay version and am really happy with them. However I'm finding removal in general a lot harder than I used to and tried various removers so am wondering if the formula of shellac has changed. Defo doesn't flake off like it used to :-/
Any ideas?

I got the cheaper ebay version and am really happy with them. However I'm finding removal in general a lot harder than I used to and tried various removers so am wondering if the formula of shellac has changed. Defo doesn't flake off like it used to :-/
Any ideas?
Hiya, I used to use the nourishing remover, but found it was struggling when clients and myself had IBX underneath Shellac, so I went back to using D Solve with a little solar oil around cuticles before wrapping, no problems now, removes so easy, and cheaper too. I also use the pro tip clips. HTH x

Hiya, I used to use the nourishing remover, but found it was struggling when clients and myself had IBX underneath Shellac, so I went back to using D Solve with a little solar oil around cuticles before wrapping, no problems now, removes so easy, and cheaper too. I also use the pro tip clips. HTH x

Thanks I'll maybe try D solve. Do you think it's better than just pure acetone? :)

I also prefer Dsolve x

I received the purple ones yesterday. Worked great no complaints here

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

I received the purple ones yesterday. Worked great no complaints here

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

What product did you use with your clips may I ask? :)

Latest posts

Back