SOAKING OFF ACRYLIC - whats your preferred method?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassablanca

Reaction score
Hiya eveyone - just a quickie - what is your prefered and best method for soaking off acrylic?? Whats the quickest?? Also does acetone work better/faster if warm?

yes Acetone does work faster if warmed.

I am a big fan of the lint pad soaked in product remover and wrapped around the individual nails - followed by wrapping in alfoil.

i find this the quickest way for my system.

HTH

I do like the nail pad and foil method also, but i do use a small bowl with marbles and the acetone in which is then in another larger bowl with quite hot water in that.

The heat makes the acetone more faster working, plus the marbles gives the client something to fiddle with, which inturn helps get the product off.

Just remember to only lift out one fnger at a time and use an orange stick to push off the gungy L&P. The reason i say this, is the moment you take the finger out of the acetone, the product starts to reset, so if you remove the whole hand, by the time you get to the pther fingers, they will be hard again.

I am a big fan of the lint pad soaked in product remover and wrapped around the individual nails - followed by wrapping in alfoil.:confused:

HTH

Hi... my name is Pinky. I was just wondering exactly what is the lint pad and alfoil? Where do I find these products and how long does it take to soak off using this technique?

you can get lint free pads from the wholesales it is gauze or use cotton wool then place tin foli which you would get from the super market around the nail to keep the heat in hth

I am a big fan of the lint pad soaked in product remover and wrapped around the individual nails - followed by wrapping in alfoil.

HTH

this is also my method of removing nails - less messy too

I use Product Remover from CND i find that much faster to remove product that Acetone and also much more gentle for the nails.

I just love my Quick Soak bowl..:green:

ot only takes between 20 and 30 mins to soak off.

debbie x x

Quick soak bowl too! They are a god send!!!

may be astrange question but what is alfoil?

the same as you rap your childrens lunch in, well that is what we do in Denmark

I use warm acetone + solar oil in Little Dipr's (fingerspa).

The nice thing about Little Dipr's is that they have a small "line" inside. You turn them a bit from time to time and the line help to lift the enhancement without removing the nails from the acetone.

I use acetone in a small bowl which is then placed in a bowl of hot water, im loving the marble idea!!!

soak bowl for me, too!!

I have just started using the method with aluminum foil and have to say YIPPEE! So easy and way less messy - the acrylic literally slides right off.

Rough up the acrylic with a coarse file to make porous, apply a cotton ball soaked with CND product remover to the nail, wrap in a piece of aluminum foil, place hand in a paraffin bag, place hand in heated mitts for 25 - 30 minutes. Take hands out, unwrap one finger and slide the cotton ball down the nail like removing polish - - there goes the acrylic! :green:

Latest posts

Back