Soaking off Biosculpture colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackier

Reaction score
Can anyone advise a quick way to do soak off? Took me 2 hours yesterday - 30 mins in the heated gloves and then 30 minutes to "scrape" the gel and clean nails.

Morning, usual is to buff nails to remove top coat, soak cotton pad in bio gel remover or pure acetone, place pad cut to nail size on top of colour gel.... wrap in tin foil squares to keep pad next to gel you can appy heat i wrap clients hand in nice fluffy towel and place hot water bottle or microwave wheat bag i have lavender scented one on top to apply gentle heat ...wait 10-15 mins gently push gel off nail plate with wooden orange stick should come off no problem same for any soak off gel?? hope this helps but this is basic procedure have u started training with bio yet?
hope this helps

Thanks! Yes, i have been bio trained but i'm not sure why the removal takes so long (for me) when they tell u that it soaks off in 15 mins. Could it be that i have used too much colour?

Which gels did you use?

Are u applying executive base underneath the gel ? This helps alot . I do the same as ccd wrap in foil ten push any excess comes off in 15 minutes . I buff over until it starts to look dusty with no shine at all thinning the gel out with a low grit file first speeds it up :) ... Don't kno why it could be taking 2 hours at all unless theres too much of a thick layer of finishing gel at the end ...? As long as there's no shine it should be fine . Hope this helps xx

Sorry it's 'ccm' not ccd silly me ! :)

biosculpture - 2024

that ok hun !!! lol i answer to any name xxxxx

I havent been using exec base (you mean the thin line under clear gel). Should i do this - does this help with the soak off?

I havent been using exec base (you mean the thin line under clear gel). Should i do this - does this help with the soak off?
executive base definately helps with soak off but that is still a long time even without it.

i use flexi gel then the UV top coat.

I think it's very unlikely that the colour was the problem. Are you sure you buffed off all of the UV gel?

I always buff 1 hand, making sure file off the UV gel & if I have built the nail up at all I thin it a little. Wrap that hand & put in heat pack while I do the other hand. Then I get out whatever gels I'm going to use & stir them. Ususally by the time I've done that most of the gel has lifted off.

Thanks for all of the help ladies! I will try the exec base next time i do a colour.
Another question !! I recently had my bio colour done and she applied UV gel on top of colour - didnt use sealer or flexi gel. my nails are fine but would you recommend this method or should i always use sealer gel before UV gel?

My most common steps when doing BS colour overlay is
Prep 1 hand, exec base
Other hand
Sculpting gel
2 x colour
UV gel

Sometimes the gels I use vary for different peoples needs but this suits the majority of people.

I have never used sculpting gel? is this instead of clear gel?

Did they not go through the different gels on your training? Maybe you should get in touch with your trainer because they really should be explaining what each gel does.

When I had my training (in 2009) Sculpting Gel wasnt really mentioned. It certainly was never mentioned that it could be used as a base layer instead of clear gel.

I have since been using Sculpting Gel as a base coat (through advice on this forum) & so far I've had less lifts. I only use clear gel on my ladies who dont want Nail Plate Pink on their nail bed because Sculpting Gel is cloudy in colour.

You actually need to buff a lot more than you might initially imagine, probably a good 8-10 swipes with your file.

Then wrap each nail or put each finger in the little pot things (can't remember what they called now).

Buff the nail, put it to soak or wrap then move onto the next nail. By the time you finished doing that the first nail will be ready for you to remove the gel.

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back