Social media paying for Facebook likes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
Iv had a company message me with an offer £140 for 20,000 Facebook likes, they guarantee its real people that like my page and from my area and surrounding areas. Has anybody done this before? They have 2,000 for £50 I might try that first.

Sounds dodgy
Can't you do that yourself on fb with boost x

Yes but it's no way near as cheap as that and they are guaranteeing that you get them likes plus more! Iv seen other salon pages go from 4000- 50,000 likes in less than a month!

The website is www.social-medialikes.co.uk

Seems legit... lol just kidding.

I wouldnt waste my money, all those people wouldnt even be interested in what you have to offer, makes me cringe when people beg for likes every single day to 'build up their business' I have nearly 300 likes on my page and i get plenty of bookings. It's not about the number xx

Twitter accounts do that too, buying followers, personally unless you're selling something nationally I see no point in 1,000's of LIKES or followers that will not bring you any revenue :-( you could spend that money on a more worthwhile form of advertising that WILL bring you clients :)
Just my opinion tho - others may disagree :)

Why would you want to buy likes?
Surely you should only be interested in genuine likes if you want to promote your business. I don't understand? X

Surely you should only be interested in genuine likes if you want to promote your business. I don't understand? X

People are falsely under the impression that 'likes' mean customers. . It doesn't. Some people also believe it makes your business look more successful than it actually is. I don't take any notice of likes.. it makes me chuckle that even on this forum there is a thread for liking Facebook pages. ..great, you may have 500 likes but they are all beauty/nail therapists that are competing against each other. It's nonsense at its finest in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a so called phone call from one of these companies... they just sounded a bit shady. Frankly it sounded like a scam. If your good at what you do, clients will go out of their way to say it to spread the love. I would avoid. xoxo

Complete waste of time, money and effort. Seriously it doesn't matter.

Facebook only works succesfully if the people that like your page are a customer, want to be a customer, like what you do and want to keep up to date with you or want to share it with friends. It's simple as that really

You could have 5,000 likes from 'real people' but if they have barely any friends and aren't very active it's totally pointless.

You would also be surprised how easy it easy to set this up as an automated system that creates loads of people, sends our friend requests to try look real then like your page.

I watched a program about these fake likes.
It is real and it showed these poor people in india doing nothing but making fake accounts and liking the same page all day!
As banner pernguin says its pointless!!

Yep it's quality not quantity!!! Concentrate on promoting your page yourself with correct postings at the best times etc

I get the odd booking or order for stick ons through facebook but not lots. I have about 350 likes on facebook but am busy. To be honest, I'm finding more and more that social media is just a way for other nail techs/beauty therapists to either support each other or just steal ideas and pictures. I have a twitter account with around 400ish followers and I'm not a big twitter user but if I was to check I bet more than half of those are other nail people, I know I've only communicated with less than 10 clients on there. Lots of the bigger accounts have either bought likes which doesn't mean anything or they have a big following of industry people. Either way I'd bet that the majority aren't actual clients.

I wouldn't do it! You may get loads of likes but it woyld be pointless as they are not intrested in you!!
Have you tried a like and share comp? Eg.. Like and share this and could win a free manicure

Or person who shares it most wins?

Those get lots of attention, everyone loves a freebie!! X

Iv had a company message me with an offer £140 for 20,000 Facebook likes, they guarantee its real people that like my page and from my area and surrounding areas. Has anybody done this before? They have 2,000 for £50 I might try that first.

Don't do it! Spend your money on some other way of marketing!

I read today on Biznews that Fb are reducing the circulation of business pages and posts for 2014 so anything you post will only reach about 2% of your following, unless people actually engage and share stuff themselves.
Can't you instead try to encourage customers to get other to like your page, share your photos, check in to your business? Maybe try Twitter, Google+ and Instagram. We have them all and all are doing pretty well...but probably Fb the least!

Do you work with any software? If you have an on-line booking form on your business site, then you can post links to that rather than relying on Fb messaging for bookings. Fb is also quite unreliable as sometimes messages get put into another folder too.

So all in all... I would say be wary of paid Fb promo!

But obviously it's totally up to you in the end!

Hope this has helped :)

D xx

I wouldn't do it! You may get loads of likes but it woyld be pointless as they are not intrested in you!!
Have you tried a like and share comp? Eg.. Like and share this and could win a free manicure

Or person who shares it most wins?

Those get lots of attention, everyone loves a freebie!! X

Yeah definitely like and share is a great idea! That's what I was getting at too haha... :)

I think Facebook is going down hill and there is room in the market for something bigger and better to come along soon.

It's stopped caring about its users and as it's now on the stock market it's concentrating on increasing revenue and profit which is great from a business point of view but certain things annoy us users.

How many adverts have you seen on there lately? They are also looking at launching video adverts that auto play as you scroll past them. How annoying will that be? There slowly starting to alienate people.

Sorry. My little rant there. Ha.

Maybe because when somebody likes my page I can then advertise to them. If they wasn't interested in the page then they wouldn't like it really would they? These are supposed to be genuine likes apparently. I wanted to know if anybody had done this before really if anybody has I would love to know if it worked for them or not please

Last edited:
Don't do it!!! I know someone who did!! and they paid for 100 likes and lots and lots of the likes she got, un liked within a few days!! It's an absolute con!!!

I put a QR code to my Facebook page on my leaflets to try encourage clients to like it x

Latest posts

Back