Soft white vs normal white (brisa)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niksaki

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting brisas soft white...still havent got around to it! lol
does anybody have pics comparing the soft white to the normal white?
and which do you prefer?
thanks nic

Bumping this up, as id like to know a little more about these two also. I dont offer sculpting in the salon yet, as im not up to scratch with it. So I may possibly go for the soft white gel paint rather than the soft white sculpting gel.

I know other people don't agree but I have never been able to see much difference between them. People who don't like the bright white, don't seem to find the soft white any better.
Just my opinion of course but I shan't be getting any more.

I kind of agree Adele, I have a NNO french, with Soft white at the moment, and tbh, there isnt alot of difference! I suposse it is a little less bright white, but only a little.
xx

Thanks girlies. I'll have a browse on the gallery for some piccies. If there isnt a great deal of difference, i'll give it a miss. xxx

Well, I think there is quite a difference. I personally find the soft white awfully boring - but that is a matter of taste. :eek:
But some of the things that I find possitive about soft white are:
- For clients that are having their first enhancement, I always recommend Soft White, because it looks more natural. And if the customer isn't use to long nails, then the white ones is too dramatic in the beginning.
- I don't know how long you have been doing nails, but it is easier to "hide" flaws in the smileline as a beginner, because the color isn't that bright.
- I will try to see if I have some pictures somewhere of both white and soft white. But that will be later tonight.

I find the soft white is more fluid to work with than the white, which TBH I find a ruddy nightmare to work with. However I rarely sculpt and so I use the brush on whites - the soft white for the hands and the white for the feet. I do find there is quite a difference, the soft white is slightly translucent, but if they want a natural look then i don't use either!

I suposse I also agree with Sass that the soft white is more fluid than the white, but alos I agree that when going for a natural look, I dont use either.

Oh im not sure whether to get it or not. Is it worth adding it to my collection?

I find a lot of my clients like the soft white for day to day and get the bright white for other occasions.
I defiantly think it is worth getting :hug:

I know a gal that uses the Brisa white in a salon. The white is the only Brisa gel she uses. All the other 'components' are Nail Basics gel.
The tech loves the bright Brisa white. Once in a while I have to do a fill on one of her clients and her client always comments on how much she prefers the white I use (Amore Ultra White) as the Brisa is way too white!!! Apparently this is the only white this tech has. I personally think it is way too white and agree that it is far from natural looking. It seems that the younger girls like the white - white!

I know other people don't agree but I have never been able to see much difference between them.

I kind of agree Adele, I have a NNO french, with Soft white at the moment, and tbh, there isnt alot of difference!
I disagree lmao... but then what did you expect? :wink2: :wink2:

I like the soft white on my nails, more so with the sculpting gel, I think it's a more opaque colour than the POW soft white.
However, my clients all prefer the bright white... go figure!?!?

I disagree lmao... but then what did you expect? :wink2: :wink2:

I like the soft white on my nails, more so with the sculpting gel, I think it's a more opaque colour than the POW soft white.
However, my clients all prefer the bright white... go figure!?!?

Ah, I only use the POW perhaps thats the difference:)

I use both the sculpting and POW and I still dont see a huge difference. Hey ho maybe its my eyesight!:eek:

Ok after reading Jim's (Light Elegance) article on uv lights and bulbs, i found a great deal on Brisa lamps so I bought 2 of them. I have to admit that I love them!!! One thing though is that I have been on the search for new gels that don't heat up. It seems all of my systems heat up under these lights and it makes sense since these lights a very efficient as the bulbs are indeed very close to the fingers and it is very compact. Anyhow, so in search of new gels, I broke down and bought a large pot of the Brisa Pure Opaque White. Ok this is a nice gel but it is very white- WOW. I have a few clients who don't care for the bright whites so I bought a pot of the Brisa Soft White. Well this one isn't nearly white enough (not as white as what client were used to) so I mixed up a small pot with about 1/2 the White Sculpting and 1/2 the Soft White. Well something magic happened when I applied it to the nail. It went on perfect! Absolutely no peaks(as the Bright one did when used on it's own) so it self leveled and just melted on the nail while still maintaining it's shape so it makes perfect, clean crisp smile lines. I'm going to now offer this one white gel to everybody- it made the application so quick and easy. The mixture is a perfect color. The other great thing about it is that there is no heat spike at all!

By the way, the whites I am talking about are the ones in the pots, not the POWS.

Has anyone else tried mixing these two whites. If so, what were your results?

I'm definitely doing the happy dance!!

Last edited:
I usually combine the softwhithe builder with the warm pink for a softer look, and the custom pink (pink + clear) with the white POW for a brigther french. This way the diference is very clear, usually older ladies go for the soft, and also a few others that want to be more natural looking.

I have a couple of clients who prefer softer white to brilliant white, and Brisa soft white paint works extremely well.

I also have clients who dont like soft white as they find it too white as well. In these cases i use EzFlow edge it which is very natural colour and almost looks like natural nail, recently I have tried INNOCENCE gel polish from EzFlow Angels collection which is very light baby pink, looks bery natural with frenches.

Personally I find subtle colours boring, but clients are different and they all have different preferences, so it is better to have a choice available.

someone was saying earlier that it is possible to mix white with pinks for softer colours if you need to, so you dont need to have an arsenal of colours, for that alone i love my Brisa Bolds and shimmers as I can mix any colour there and then.

hope this helps:hug:

Latest posts

Back