Solar oil lost its smell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess its also down to how often you are using it. If it really is a huge issue id just buy another one... But thats just me.

It is used all the time. I

The issue isn't huge for me, it's a very minor point but one I thought someone might know about. The main issue is that I don't want clients unhappy with their purchases.

Oh of course yes thats totally understandable. As our clients are the foundations of our business. Merely giving my point of view. Cant say ive had any problems with regards to clients and the solar oil. Sorry if i offended :)

Oh of course yes thats totally understandable. As our clients are the foundations of our business. Merely giving my point of view. Cant say ive had any problems with regards to clients and the solar oil. Sorry if i offended :)

No worries hun, you haven't offended :)

once applied to the nails the smell only lasts a short time anyway....it doesn't keep the nails smelling of battenburg cake all day...:lol:

I would say it was only for a few mins before the air gets to it and loses it smell on the nails.

Its not a perfume ... :lol:

wish it was!! mmmmm x

I think if it was a perfume it would sell very well!!

Certainly though, my ladies admit that they remember to put it on more often because they like the smell when they apply it.

I've been having problems with my SolarOil as well.

It looses its fragrance really quickly, but also then starts to smell like "old, greasy" oil. I don't know how to explain it properly.

As has been mentioned before, people love the Almond smell, and lately my clients have been commenting on the fact that the oil smells "off".

This is a bit embarrassing to say the least and I'm not entirely sure what to say to them. I agree, the solaroil still does the job, it just smells unpleasant...

Marlise

This "Greasy" smell you describe is exactly the same as a cheaper bottle of oil I bought from a show years ago before I started doing nails. I was going to throw it away but then decided to just keep it for myself. Half the time I cant bring myself to use it though as the smell turns my stomach. It would be awful if solar oil started to smell this way! I will be going straight home to check mine tonight!

This "Greasy" smell you describe is exactly the same as a cheaper bottle of oil I bought from a show years ago before I started doing nails. I was going to throw it away but then decided to just keep it for myself. Half the time I cant bring myself to use it though as the smell turns my stomach. It would be awful if solar oil started to smell this way! I will be going straight home to check mine tonight!

Yes, unfortunately, this is how my solaroil has started to smell. I don't understand why as I keep them tightly sealed and away from direct sunlight (i.e. in a drawer) which they only come out of when I use them on clients etc.

The bottle is only about 2½ months old, so I really don't know what is going on.

Marlise

Latest posts

Back