Sourcing hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure where you are looking I found someone within half an hour he sent me samples if Slavic hair with 4 days from factory in china it is no different to the Russian hair I have purchased here in fact it's better !! I also got him to send me a colour ring and samples of tape ins and copper tubes as I hate micro rings perfect service it's all there if you look try Ali baba there's a lot if choice .. As for huge quantities I can order exactly amounts I want you will pay higher postage though if you only want a small amount but Dahl had it here in 4 days door to door !! All in all a good experience 😄

If it's Slavic why is it coming from china? Doesn't quite add up. X

Don't be fooled all hair comes from china world domination !!
Eunice wigs . Com
Order a sample and check for yourself

Don't be fooled all hair comes from china world domination !!
Eunice wigs . Com
Order a sample and check for yourself

I've just looked & next to a picture of pink microloops it states 100% virgin human Brazilian hair. I didn't know the people of Brazil are born with pink hair! Lol x

Logistically, Slavic hair would not go from Europe to China then back to Europe without the cost being high!

Come in guys don't be fooled.

If it's Slavic why is it coming from china? Doesn't quite add up. X

Have you trialled the hair? How many months did it last etc xx

There actually is no such thing as "Russian" hair these days. Russian hair is extremely rare and if it's real it will cost you almost $1k for a set....
All hair is Indian these days.
Indians are almost the only ones that still shave there hair to donate to the temples. The terms European and Russian are just describing words. Hair that is labelled European or Russian is usually finer, silkier and smoother. All hair extensions are made in china.
Even the manufacturer I'm going to purchase and import hair off admitted it.
Not many factories or suppliers give out this information because they don't want to damage their businesses.

I think everyone misunderstands the word "source" we all "source" our own hair every time we find a supplier of hair we would like to order. "Sourcing" is researching and finding that's all. I've noticed a lot of extensionists state they "source" their own hair on their website, which is true no doubt as I "source" mine daily, it just seems to be some kind of marketing ploy to fool potential customers into believing you've gone direct to a manufacturer abroad and therefore your hair is of a higher quality at cheaper prices because you've supposedly cut out the middleman. Personally unless your Tatiana or someone if similar standing I'd be surprised if it's true

But back to the point, I've sourced my own hair from abroad, but to get any form of decent pricing you have to buy in bulk in every colour, every weight of strand etc, it's very rare you can mix up your order into different colours and types etc.So in order to buy direct from a manufacturer you're looking at around 20 to 30 grand I reckon.

Perhaps we should all get together and buy one big bulk shipment lol

I'm very skeptical of Tatiana sourcing or for that matter doing anything herself. If she has 'standing'...well I don't know....:grr:

There actually is no such thing as "Russian" hair these days. Russian hair is extremely rare and if it's real it will cost you almost $1k for a set....
All hair is Indian these days.
Indians are almost the only ones that still shave there hair to donate to the temples. The terms European and Russian are just describing words. Hair that is labelled European or Russian is usually finer, silkier and smoother. All hair extensions are made in china.
Even the manufacturer I'm going to purchase and import hair off admitted it.
Not many factories or suppliers give out this information because they don't want to damage their businesses.

I have been saying this very same thing for ages now and get barked at on here every time! :rolleyes: 'European' hair is actually 'European type' hair (invented yonks ago by the Italians to denote hair that mimicked European people's hair structure, 'capelli di tipo europeo'), as for Russian hair, the sole idea is beyond absurd because pretty much 80% of Russia's female population struggles with extreme hair loss. If you were to go on a Russian hair/beauty forum, you'd find thread after thread about hair loss, how to stop your hair from falling out, how to make your hair thicker etc. No kidding! Also, what is being sold in Russia and ex-Soviet countries as 'Russian' hair would make each and every one of us on here either laugh out loud or break out in tears.

I'm glad I opened this thread there's so much to learn :)

Did anyone who imported hair pay by western union x

Very interesting thread. But, I disagree that ALL hair is from/produced in China. Granted, a lot of it is but I can very confidently say that European and Russian hair does exist as I buy this direct myself. As in, I physically travel to the countries I want to buy my hair from and physically see the ponys being cut from females heads. For sure Russian and European hair does cost more because it's more rare but, there are still a few good organisations you can source it from and at adequate prices.

Reason I'm so confident? Is because I'm doing it.

Very interesting thread. But, I disagree that ALL hair is from/produced in China. Granted, a lot of it is but I can very confidently say that European and Russian hair does exist as I buy this direct myself. As in, I physically travel to the countries I want to buy my hair from and physically see the ponys being cut from females heads. For sure Russian and European hair does cost more because it's more rare but, there are still a few good organisations you can source it from and at adequate prices.

Reason I'm so confident? Is because I'm doing it.

Well said

I'm very skeptical of Tatiana sourcing or for that matter doing anything herself. If she has 'standing'...well I don't know....:grr:

She does source her hair herself, and like it or not she has an enviable reputation as being one of the best in the industry. Hence any media attention regarding hair extensions always include Tatiana's opinion or knowledge etc Curious as to why you should think otherwise?

She does source her hair herself, and like it or not she has an enviable reputation as being one of the best in the industry. Hence any media attention regarding hair extensions always include Tatiana's opinion or knowledge etc Curious as to why you should think otherwise?

Her hair is ok, but many other people's is too, so nothing extraordinary in that sense. Her fitting however.....no comment. The reason why she's being heralded as the 'best' and has ridiculous little press releases running (e.g. 'the superiority of micro rings vs other methods'-as if no-one used micro rings except herself) is down to a PR agent.

I get my Russian hair direct from company in Russia

I get my Russian hair direct from company in Russia

I'm looking mainly at Indian Remy. How do you pay for your Russian hair ?

Paypal for bigger amounts or western union for smaller amounts

Paypal for bigger amounts or western union for smaller amounts

Do you trust western union then, the company I'm about to use don't do do paypal :/

I wouldn't for a bigger amount, most companies accept pay pal but charge the fee on top

Latest posts

Back