Space nk for eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stjm3

Reaction score
I have seen lots of threads re-eyelash extensions etc

Has anyone tried the Space NK gel you apply to eyelashes and it is supposed to help them grow.
My eyelashes used to be very long esp when i was younger, with age and my bad habit of picking mascara of, along with breaking and pulling out eyelashes i now have short stubs.:rolleyes:

anyone at all...

Never heard of it hun, it is probably just a conditioning treatment hth

Do you mean Talika?
I used it for a bit a few years ago, I don't know why but I already have longish lashes, my Mum used it and said that It was good, its very conditioning, but its pretty pricey.
x

I may be wrong, but I understood that your eyelashes naturally fall out after a few weeks and are replaced by new growth? They are all at different stages in the cycle and so we always seem to have loads. I expect the treatment is a conditioning one as well.

I have seen lots of threads re-eyelash extensions etc

Has anyone tried the Space NK gel you apply to eyelashes and it is supposed to help them grow.
My eyelashes used to be very long esp when i was younger, with age and my bad habit of picking mascara of, along with breaking and pulling out eyelashes i now have short stubs.:rolleyes:

Never heard of it. Is it a product you buy to put on yourself or does a trained therapist have to apply it as a treatment?
Where did you hear about it?

Talika
This is the product that you after, its retailed in Space N.K

lol, that's the product firemouse.

I wondered if anyone had tried it and how they got on. I saw it advertised a few years ago in a mag.
We were talking about it last night.
I know you have to massage it into the eyelashes, and apparently it helps them to grow.

I may be wrong, but I understood that your eyelashes naturally fall out after a few weeks and are replaced by new growth? They are all at different stages in the cycle and so we always seem to have loads. I expect the treatment is a conditioning one as well.
Yes they are hair so have the hair growth cycle, just like we do for waxing,
this is why when you have eyelash extensions you need them infilling every 2 to 3 weeks hth :hug:

Yes they are hair so have the hair growth cycle, just like we do for waxing,
this is why when you have eyelash extensions you need them infilling every 2 to 3 weeks hth :hug:

Hi
How come have my eyelashes stopped growing, they used to be really long, do you think i may have damaged the follicle when i used to pick of mascara and pull out lashes. :hug:

Hi
How come have my eyelashes stopped growing, they used to be really long, do you think i may have damaged the follicle when i used to pick of mascara and pull out lashes. :hug:
Quite possibly,
when you have regular waxing the regrowth becomes less and thinner so it would be the same if you are pulling out your eyelashes over a period of time,
have you tried not wearing mascara & pulling at your lashes for 8 weeks to see if they will regrow to their natural state hth

If you stop picking and rubbing at your eyelashes, they ought to grow back and replenish fully, but this is a process that will take several months rather than a matter of weeks. Generally, traumatising follicles won't destroy them, but you may find your eyelashes become sparse if you are continuously fiddling with them.

It's unclear from your messages whether you still pick/break off your lashes. If you do, and you find yourself unable to control the desire to do so, perhaps it would be best to treat the root of the matter by visiting your GP who might suggest you undertake behaviour-modification therapy.

Quite possibly,
when you have regular waxing the regrowth becomes less and thinner so it would be the same if you are pulling out your eyelashes over a period of time,
have you tried not wearing mascara & pulling at your lashes for 8 weeks to see if they will regrow to their natural state hth

I have left of the mascara for weeks at a time to see if my lashes would grow, no luck though. :confused:
I used to wear loads of thick mascara when i was a teenager, oh the photos are so embarrassing, lol. I think wore thick make up then. :eek:

If you stop picking and rubbing at your eyelashes, they ought to grow back and replenish fully, but this is a process that will take several months rather than a matter of weeks. Generally, traumatising follicles won't destroy them, but you may find your eyelashes become sparse if you are continuously fiddling with them.

It's unclear from your messages whether you still pick/break off your lashes. If you do, and you find yourself unable to control the desire to do so, perhaps it would be best to treat the root of the matter by visiting your GP who might suggest you undertake behaviour-modification therapy.

I have stopped picking and pulling my eyelashes now, i think it was through stress, not sure. Maybe a habit which stress made worse.
I stopped along time ago, just do deep breathing for 10 when stressed now. :)

As Amy has said, due to the damage that you have caused it sounds like it is going to take quite a while and gentle care to get them to grow back fully hth

Latest posts

Back