Spangles nail art kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NABA79

Reaction score
hi im currently doing a extend and maintain nail course at college and they are offering a nail art course too, im thinking of doing it, but just wanted to know if anyone knows what comes in the spangles nail art kit? The kit is £80 and the list says

spangles nail art kit
nail art display pallette
sirgigal spirit
non acetone nail polish remover
text book the foundations

it dosn't seem much for the money so i was just woundering what the spangles kit was?

hi im currently doing a extend and maintain nail course at college and they are offering a nail art course too, im thinking of doing it, but just wanted to know if anyone knows what comes in the spangles nail art kit? The kit is £80 and the list says

spangles nail art kit
sirgigal spirit

it dosn't seem much for the money so i was just woundering what the spangles kit was?
Personally I would go Excel,next week and you will be able to pick up the same thing at a lot lower price.

The Spangles products are sold in Sally's and are quite pricey IMO.When I have looked round the shows in the past I have managed to pick up some wonderful bargains,i.e gemstones etc.HTH

Don't know what the course is like but it doesn't sound much for your money.

Check this out Sparkly Nails - Nail Art Supplies - Welcome

I think if you have a talent for nail art you can learn just as much by searching on the net for sites that show you how to do it and just having a go on old nail tips. I've learnt a lot from that alone.

It was included as part of our kit for my whole college course.

It had striper brush, detail brush, and another brush(cant remember which one), x2foils, glitters, stickers, gem stones, acrylic paints, glitter mixer, sealer and also the product for the foils (cant remember name)

I'm not sure if thats what you will have in your kit.
Ask the college for the suppliers number and phone them and ask what exactly is in the kit.

HTH

One thing to bear in mind, is that you will not use nail art half as much as you might think.

I am sure there are 100's of Geeks on here who will tell you that they have spent a fortune on nail art things, only for them all to be sat in a drawer not being used and that they wish they had spent the money more wisely xx

We had this at college, as college was tied into buying from one wholesaler.

Our tutor told us not to get it, it was expensive for what it was and we wouldn't use half of it. I'd have a look around at Excel as has been suggested, its easy to get carried away with nail art gear but you won't use as much as you think.

One thing to bear in mind, is that you will not use nail art half as much as you might think.

I am sure there are 100's of Geeks on here who will tell you that they have spent a fortune on nail art things, only for them all to be sat in a drawer not being used and that they wish they had spent the money more wisely xx

Absolutely agree with this. I had a beautiful portfolio with some fantastic stuff in it and if people asked about nail art they'd look through it, ooh and aaah and then go "I think I'll just have a rhinestone on my ring finger actually"! :lol:
All my paints sat in their pots till they weren't workable any more! Now I just offer rhinestones (fab on toes esp) and I've got a few stripers in different colours. It's all people seem to want in my area (and even then it's not very often).

Good luck with your courses. xx

It was included as part of our kit for my whole college course.

It had striper brush, detail brush, and another brush(cant remember which one), x2foils, glitters, stickers, gem stones, acrylic paints, glitter mixer, sealer and also the product for the foils (cant remember name)

I'm not sure if thats what you will have in your kit.
Ask the college for the suppliers number and phone them and ask what exactly is in the kit.

HTH

I done the spangles course and i got the above in my kit to along with 3 different coloured polishes xx hth

Yes me being one of them, I've got loads of stuff and quite frankly the stuff I thought would have been a great seller just sits there. Oh I'll just have a few flicks:grr: they say, but why these would look really nice - honest!:)
I've just got to be good at excel and not spend loads on nail art when I know deep down I won't use.

Thanks everyone im going to look in to buying the kit elsewhere.:)

while im asking questions anyone any idea where i can get the foundations by j jefford and ann swain from ive done a google search and looked on ebay and amazon but cant find it anywhere.:confused:

i did the spangels course with my local wholesaler the kit cost me £50
you end up with quite abit of stuff but to be honest i only really use striper paint/ rhinestones striping brush and dotting tool for i would say around 90% of my nail art treatments...
i hated the foils i found them unreliable, and the glitter was a nightmare to work with..this is just my opinion but i found i could do a better design and faster with out all the fancy bits! also for the length of time some of the designs took she was talking about charging £18 per set on top of a man/full set and i knew my clients would never pay that they like an odd flick or gem etc...
but the kit was worth the money if you use all the items! sorry if i have just confused you x

spangles nail art kit
sirgigal spirit

I have seen the kits at Dennis Williams our local supplier. I know they have foils in them and the glue and sealer but not sure what else. On their own they seem to be around £25 ish and have a few slightly different sets.

I would totally agree with what has already been said.... Actaully I just packed a whole box full of glitters and nails arty stuff ( mother inlaw bought from ebay) and sent them to my step mother... cost me $12 to post so you can imagin the stuff i have collected and not used.... people love looking at nail art.. they don;t like wearing it for some reason... I too only use a black and silver art pen and some rhinestones.. people only like small details... and usually only on one finger,

If it is included in your college course then attend but other wise i would suggest spending the money on a workshop with coloured acrylics and encasing etc..that seems to be all the rage now.. good luck with it all.

I would totally agree with what has already been said.... Actaully I just packed a whole box full of glitters and nails arty stuff ( mother inlaw bought from ebay) and sent them to my step mother... cost me $12 to post so you can imagin the stuff i have collected and not used.... people love looking at nail art.. they don;t like wearing it for some reason... I too only use a black and silver art pen and some rhinestones.. people only like small details... and usually only on one finger,

If it is included in your college course then attend but other wise i would suggest spending the money on a workshop with coloured acrylics and encasing etc..that seems to be all the rage now.. good luck with it all.

Spangles products are all well and good but very very expensive and no better quality so get yourself a cheaper range that way you can offer alot more than just the basics without it costing you a fortune

Latest posts

Back