Specsavers Hearing Aids anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfect10kb

Reaction score
Hi ,

Does anyone here ( if you want to admit it-lol) got an 'in the ear 'hearing aid from Specsavers?

I wear NHS digital hearing aids but they hurt my ears as they are the behind the ear type and I have very small ears !!!!.

I have been looking into Specsavers aids and they do a 'In the Ear 'aid for my type of hearing loss - That is severe .

They are about £1500 but I am willing to pay that if they are any good.
Sooooooooo if you have one of these or have been to Specsavers for an aid please can you tell me what your thoughts are

PM me if you would rather . Thank you

Karen x

hi karen,i cant comment on the specsavers hearing aids but i do have an in the ear one which ive had for about 9yrs.i did use to wear it alot but as i was wearing a nhs one that was alo in the ear which was crap i got use to managing without one so i hardly wear it.
although i does make a big difference as it was made specially for me and my hearing loss.
the only downfall with mine is that because its an in the ear one im not allowed to wear it alday as it causes my ear to get abit gunky inside as it gets really warm with no air getting in and my ear was sometimes abit sore from wearing it.i also found that if i didnt have long fairly long nails i found it hard to take out as mine sits right inside my ear.
i hope this helps abit.x

Hi Tracey

Thankyou for your reply .

If I understand your post correctly . You have an 'In the ear ' aid which you got from the NHS 9 years ago . Is that right ?

If it is then I think your aid must be an analogue aid as digital aids have not been around that long I do not think

I think aids have improved a lot in the last few years

Surely though wearing an in the ear is no different than wearing a behind the ear all day as they both cover the ear canal? Wny did they say you cam't wear yours all day?

Did not send as a PM as I think this subject could help other peeps here :)

karen x

Some hearing aid wearers, myself included, cannot wear traditional in ear hearing aids as the airway into the ear is blocked because of the hearing aid. The eustacian tube which connects the ear to the body's airway system also allows air to enter into the ears each time we breath. If this eustacian tube does not work properly (as in my case) it means that no clean air circulates inside the ear.

Consequently the inner ear becomes a breeding area for bacteria and moisture, often resulting in chronic ear infections. For such patients a new technology called a bone anchored hearing aid is used, whereby a titanium screw is attached to the skull behined the ear and the wearer then hears via bone conduction instead of air conduction (i.e the eardrum vibrating the ossicles)

hope this clarifies your question :hug: If you need anymore information pm me.

anne xx

Hi ,

Does anyone here ( if you want to admit it-lol) got an 'in the ear 'hearing aid from Specsavers?

I wear NHS digital hearing aids but they hurt my ears as they are the behind the ear type and I have very small ears !!!!.

I have been looking into Specsavers aids and they do a 'In the Ear 'aid for my type of hearing loss - That is severe .

They are about £1500 but I am willing to pay that if they are any good.
Sooooooooo if you have one of these or have been to Specsavers for an aid please can you tell me what your thoughts are

PM me if you would rather . Thank you

Karen x

I would like to help! I read your blog via my google alerts. I am very sympathetic to yur discomfort as I wear a hearing aid myself. I am the Director of The Hearing Company which has looked after the nations hearing for over 50 years. We see ourselves as 'experts in hearing care'. If you go to our website at www.thehearingcompany.co.uk, you will find that we can offer buy one get one half price. so making it possible to purchase 2 x in the ear (not on top of the ear) hearing aids from £995. If you would like to know where our nearest branch on the High St is then give me a call or go onto our website. Tell them Mr Worthington sent you! our head office telephone number is 0121 622 2674 where you can ask to speak to me or get a message to me.

I would like to help! I read your blog via my google alerts. I am very sympathetic to your discomfort as I wear a hearing aid myself. I am the Director of The Hearing Company which has looked after the nations hearing for over 50 years. We see ourselves as 'experts in hearing care'. If you go to our website at Hearing Aids and Help With Hearing Loss - The Hearing Company, you will find that we can offer buy one get one half price. so making it possible to purchase 2 x in the ear (not on top of the ear) hearing aids from £995. If you would like to know where our nearest branch on the High St is then give me a call or go onto our website. Tell them Mr Worthington sent you! our head office telephone number is 0121 622 2674 where you can ask to speak to me or get a message to me.

Last edited:
Hi Tracey

Thankyou for your reply .

If I understand your post correctly . You have an 'In the ear ' aid which you got from the NHS 9 years ago . Is that right ?

If it is then I think your aid must be an analogue aid as digital aids have not been around that long I do not think

I think aids have improved a lot in the last few years

Surely though wearing an in the ear is no different than wearing a behind the ear all day as they both cover the ear canal? Wny did they say you cam't wear yours all day?

Did not send as a PM as I think this subject could help other peeps here :)

karen x
hi karen,i dont really know that much about my hearing aid as i got it when i was still at school which i left in 2000,i was given it through my school as i was also having speech therapy so i wasnt given it from the nhs directly nor did i go to hospital for the fitting it was all done at school.
i am unable to wear my hearing all day for the exact reason annie has described.
thanks for the great explaination by the way annie.x
im sorry i cant be of much help.x

Latest posts

Back