Speeding up my prep time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much CA do you use do you use one blob in middle and spread around or apply it the whole way round?
One drop and slide it over the cuticle and nail of each nail with a pushie:)

Thanks Beauty4All thats what i have done but wasnt sure if it was enough x

The prep is actully something I don't mind taking extra on. Just because if you mess up with prepping thats where so many problems can occur with theit nails when they go home. I deffs notice a difference in the quality of my nails if I cut down on prep :)
how ever I do totally agree wuth what your saying, I too need to cut my time down somehow. Im farrr to ocd :)

Well I used the pushie for 3 nails then switched back to chisel Lol!! I just don't like the pushie at all.

I tried to be a bit quicker and still worked over the whole nail plate but just tried to be a bit quicker about it.

I did a French Shellac with silver VIP in 45 mins!!!! :D Will see how they hold up in comparison to when I'm slightly more meticulous about things

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Well I used the pushie for 3 nails then switched back to chisel Lol!! I just don't like the pushie at all.

I tried to be a bit quicker and still worked over the whole nail plate but just tried to be a bit quicker about it.

I did a French Shellac with silver VIP in 45 mins!!!! :D Will see how they hold up in comparison to when I'm slightly more meticulous about things

You go girl xoxo

45 minutes?! Wow :D That would put you in the 30 minute bracket for a straight forward colour, surely?

Well done. :)

Do you use cuticle away over the whole nail plate then every time? I only concentrate on the cuticle & sidewall area giving one quick push up the nail plate, & as I use the pushie it's quite quick.

Do you use cuticle away over the whole nail plate then every time? I only concentrate on the cuticle & sidewall area giving one quick push up the nail plate, & as I use the pushie it's quite quick.

I rarely use it at all tbh but if I do then yes, I spread over the whole nail plate as the cuticle can grow and be stuck the whole way up, especially on those whose nails are in a very bad state.

Am sticking with my chisel, really didn't like the pushie at all and it looked like it was scraping the nail plate! :eek: I can see much more clearly what I'm doing with the chisel and am more confident in using it, just need to stop being so pedantic and anal about how I do it, then I should speed up.

Nicole, I think last night may have been a fluke. Having spent just over an hour and a half prior to that, doing her lash tint, false lashes and eyebrow shape, it was getting late and I just sped through it Lol!

I will see if it was a fluke later, I have my regular in this afternoon and she always takes me an hour and a half, as it's a soak off and re-do and her nails always need so much work! She also chooses lots of arty stuff which take a while too. It doesn't bother me that much at the moment but I do think I need to speed up for when I start to get really busy and need to be fitting people in one after the other :wink2:

have fun this pm Claire. Please let us know how you get on this pm :) x

I take a long time but I feel it's the prep that helps with the results so it's worth it, I'm taking a clients off this afternoon that I put on the 1st August and she has just come back from two weeks in turkey the only thing that's happened as to have melted a bit as it was super hot!
I have taking 2.30hours to remove and apply which I will get better in time but I'll always do a full prep x

I take a long time but I feel it's the prep that helps with the results so it's worth it, I'm taking a clients off this afternoon that I put on the 1st August and she has just come back from two weeks in turkey the only thing that's happened as to have melted a bit as it was super hot!
I have taking 2.30hours to remove and apply which I will get better in time but I'll always do a full prep x

The Shellac melted?! I have a friend who has family in Nigeria and they have never melted, how bizarre!

The Shellac melted?! I have a friend who has family in Nigeria and they have never melted, how bizarre!

Not shellac bio sculpture! It looked like it melted on two fingers very slightly x

Planky can you put a pic up of your chisel?
I'm probably being blonde but I just want to make sure we're on the right page!
X

LOL it won't be the heat I'd probably bet it will be because she has not been cleaning her sun tan cream off her nails properly. :biggrin:

LOL it won't be the heat I'd probably bet it will be because she has not been cleaning her sun tan cream off her nails properly. :biggrin:

Mmm sounds more like it, something melted on her nail x

Mmm sounds more like it, something melted on her nail x

DEET (insect repellent) (as you say is in some sun tan creams) will melt any nail covering - definitely one to watch out for!

Latest posts

Back