Splinter Haemorrhage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherry2k

Reaction score
I know it's cheating but can anybody tell me how a Nail Tech would treat a Splinter Haemorrhage? I know what it is but I'm unsure how to treat for a manicure?

Do you go ahead and manicure as normal taking care around the affected area or do you refer the client to their G.P? I know bruising under the nail can be painful at first but once the swelling has went down it's basically just dried up blood under the nail plate. So, would you recommend a normal manicure???? I'm unsure.

Doing Pedi/Mani at college and getting on great and no problems but this ones got me flummoxed!!

Thanks and any feedback would be great.

Hope you're all fine?

Sherry.x

Let it grow out, it will in time............
As long as there is no other nail plate damage caused by the trauma to the nail and the nail is not sore or uncomfortable, yes manicure and Solar oil ...........
HTH

Can I still put an enhancement on this?

Yes as long as it is just a thin line looking like a splinter and there is no other nail damage or bruising this will be fine.....
they grow out in time and are usualy right near the free edge anyway, so they are not there for a long time xxx

CAN i STILL PUT AN ENHANCEMENT IF THERE ARE BLOOD SPOTS UNDER THE NAILS

i think so, in effect it's just a bruise. you'll probably be able to see it under the enhancement but they just have to wait until it grows out. There's no treatment. it'll gow out iwth the nail

I have splinter heamarrages and am worried about them. They are on 2 fingers on my left hand and 2 fingers on my right hand. What are they?

Sherry2k said:
I know it's cheating but can anybody tell me how a Nail Tech would treat a Splinter Haemorrhage? I know what it is but I'm unsure how to treat for a manicure?

Do you go ahead and manicure as normal taking care around the affected area or do you refer the client to their G.P? I know bruising under the nail can be painful at first but once the swelling has went down it's basically just dried up blood under the nail plate. So, would you recommend a normal manicure???? I'm unsure.

Doing Pedi/Mani at college and getting on great and no problems but this ones got me flummoxed!!

Thanks and any feedback would be great.

Hope you're all fine?

Sherry.x

It's not cheating. PS love those little dancers!!:cool:

Latest posts

Back