SPMU My eyebrows aren't as expected, advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloughers

Reaction score
I had my eyebrows done on Monday by a Nouveau Contours trained lady. She has been doing it for a long time and I felt confident with her. I'd seen some photos of work she'd done and also she did a client of my Mum's who has Alopecia. Anyway, she measured etc. and drew the shape on and after a bit of tweaking I liked the shape. She then tattooed but when I looked in the mirror I was shocked because the hair lines are all in a row going upwards and don't follow my brow as I expected. I said why are they all vertical lines and she said that her ladies like them like that as it's like when you brush your eyebrows up. She is coming back in a month to top up and I spoke to her yesterday and said I was upset because I just assumed she would do the lines like a natural brow is drawn and I've never seen any pics of brows done like mine, they look like stitches! She was very nice and said don't worry, wet them and keep applying cream and they will fade a lot and washing them will make some of them go so next time she can do the lines more curved. The thing that worries me most is that she just did them like this with no discussion about different ways to do the lines and I'm worried that this is the only way she can do it and should I let her do them again? Every time I look at them up close I feel like crying :cry: Advice please!

Attachments

• 46071_10151920668197393_1247329489_n.jpg
    46071_10151920668197393_1247329489_n.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 2,183
  • 1779971_10151920668167393_1176803324_n.jpg
    1779971_10151920668167393_1176803324_n.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,170
  • 1795637_10151920668142393_901817824_n.jpg
    1795637_10151920668142393_901817824_n.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2,128
I had my eyebrows done on Monday by a Nouveau Contours trained lady. She has been doing it for a long time and I felt confident with her. I'd seen some photos of work she'd done and also she did a client of my Mum's who has Alopecia. Anyway, she measured etc. and drew the shape on and after a bit of tweaking I liked the shape. She then tattooed but when I looked in the mirror I was shocked because the hair lines are all in a row going upwards and don't follow my brow as I expected. I said why are they all vertical lines and she said that her ladies like them like that as it's like when you brush your eyebrows up. She is coming back in a month to top up and I spoke to her yesterday and said I was upset because I just assumed she would do the lines like a natural brow is drawn and I've never seen any pics of brows done like mine, they look like stitches! She was very nice and said don't worry, wet them and keep applying cream and they will fade a lot and washing them will make some of them go so next time she can do the lines more curved. The thing that worries me most is that she just did them like this with no discussion about different ways to do the lines and I'm worried that this is the only way she can do it and should I let her do them again? Every time I look at them up close I feel like crying :cry: Advice please!

I thought they went vertical in the middle and then started to slant like you natural eyebrows do? A client of mine has hers done and hers faded so much after the first one! So you will be able to get them how you want then I'd imagine?
I don't think you'd notice until you mentioned anything! Them first two pictures look fine, obviously the close up one you can see but I think they are a nice shape etc and I quite like them :) I wouldn't worry about it too much xx

I like them! I think they need a little feathering out but overall are good :) try not to worry. No one looks that close as our brows anyway. Embrace them :)

I like them. your top up will look good! xoxo

I think they look really good. All The hair strokes methods I've seen have gone up like that. You will be very surprised at how much they fade in the next 2 weeks so will look much more natural. I think it's also probably a big shock to you having eyebrows like this as your were quite sparse and fair to begin with. She sounds like a nice ladie, I'm sure she will get them looking how you want them too xx

A lot of my clients have hair stroke brows just like his, like the others say they will fade and look more natural in a few weeks.

OMG thanks ladies!! I was so worried you were all going to say they were awful!!! Feel much better now and they're new so hopefully they'll fade and I'll love them. They look a lovely shape when I look in the mirror, it's just when I look really closely.

Hi I was an Nouveau recently for training in something else, and Nouveau Contour was discussed. Firstly, I think your eyebrows look really good. I can understand from the close up one why you're worried, but honestly, I would never have noticed unless you had pointed them out.

Secondly (and more importantly) Nouveau contour fades quite dramatically after the first few weeks. They always say to go a bit darker than you would normally want because of this. Therefore, if you wait a little bit, I bet the lines will soften up a lot in a couple of weeks, and you'll hardly notice them.

I'd be patient and wait it out myself, particularly as they are such a nice shape and otherwise look really good :) xx

I have had semi permanent eyebrows but I have more of a painted brow, as if you were to draw them on. Can you not ask her to blend the lines in so it isnt so obvious? The colour does fade so dont be alarmed if they are alot darker in the beginning.

The colour will fade before the top up just ask her to angle the strokes more on your next visit xx

I really like these. I've had mind done several times - this lady has done a good job and they will fade soooooo much over the weeks x

I thought they'd look more like this?

Attachments

• beforeafter-brows-15.jpg
    beforeafter-brows-15.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,582

This is a 3d technique, shading first hair strokes after. It's worth asking her if she can do a 3d brow if this is the look your after x

It's not the way I would do them or the way I would like mine but it is up to you to request a natural hair stroke brow following the flow of your hair x

OMG thanks ladies!! I was so worried you were all going to say they were awful!!! Feel much better now and they're new so hopefully they'll fade and I'll love them. They look a lovely shape when I look in the mirror, it's just when I look really closely.

As I said to my client who got new glasses and saw how shocking her skin was DON'T LOOK TOO CLOSELY lol!!!

Remember, most people look at you from several feet away. The shape etc looks great and as has been said, the colour will fade. Your brows in the before are so thin and uneven, it must be a shock, however well they are done, to suddenly have such definition. You will obviously have to buy a whole load of new make up to go with your new brows!

They look fab x

Hi nailsbypage I said I wanted them natural and showed her a pic of them going the right way.

I want mine like this too but in too scared to find anywhere to have them done incase it goes wrong?! How did you find your lady cloughers?
Nailsbypage can you reccomend anyone to us?

Hi Jo
They look good xx you could try and blend out a bit with make up so lines are not so prominent ( not that I know much about make up or brows lol) until you get use to them, I always feel like this when I first have HD brows, it's where we have thin brows, it's such a shock at first when we look in the mirror but I'm sure your get used to them and love them. They do look really good xx

Doe anyone know of a good person to do 3 d brows or Nouveau in or around St. Albans ?? I think yours look great ! I know how you feel tho I had hd brows done and thought I looked like Groucho Marx :D

Doe anyone know of a good person to do 3 d brows or Nouveau in or around St. Albans ?? I think yours look great ! I know how you feel tho I had hd brows done and thought I looked like Groucho Marx :D

I just posted asking that as well! But in the London area?! If anyone knows someone....

Jo I think they will grow on you! Give it time to fade as well.

Latest posts

Back