SPMU My eyebrows aren't as expected, advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't got a close up of hers but they also look like stitches.

The 1st photo aren't SMPU and the other 2 photos were taken after the brows had settled. Give yourself some time because they won't look like they do now in a couple of weeks

Thanks rubytues for your comments but I'm not going back to her as she is obviously not on the same wavelength as me. I did tell her yesterday that they weren't right and she said she could try and curve the ends round at the next treatment but I'm not taking that risk. She still didn't understand what I didn't like about them and to me and everyone else who's seen them up close, it's glaringly obvious! Hopefully they'll look better in a few weeks but both of us want to find someone a bit more up to date with technique to sort them out if possible, someone who can actually understand what is wrong with them as most of you can!

Thanks rubytues for your comments but I'm not going back to her as she is obviously not on the same wavelength as me. I did tell her yesterday that they weren't right and she said she could try and curve the ends round at the next treatment but I'm not taking that risk. She still didn't understand what I didn't like about them and to me and everyone else who's seen them up close, it's glaringly obvious! Hopefully they'll look better in a few weeks but both of us want to find someone a bit more up to date with technique to sort them out if possible, someone who can actually understand what is wrong with them as most of you can!
I wonder if she isn't that experienced as the basic shape is very natural and suits your face but I agree, the hair strokes are not right. They are too short and not slanted enough but it really is something that can be rectified on your next appointment Jo.

The blonde lady……….why did she have hers done as she has lovely natural bores and only needed a tint. x

I know what you mean rubytues about the pics but the strokes on mine are just in a row so there's no way they will look similar when they've faded.

Kim, she just wanted hers darker and more defined. She had it done about 8 years ago somewhere else and loved them but never got them touched up so they had gone.

Kim I think she trained more than 10 years ago and from what Claire said it's an old technique that isn't used anymore and she probably only had that basic training and then no more.

Having a look back at your pic, and looking at other pictures i agree the 'tail' strokes are facing completely the wrong way! I follow a lady on my face book page who has just trained in spmu, it just came up on my news feed and i thought of you. The hair strokes should follow your natural growth, regardless of how much hair you have. This is a picture of one of her latest clients (I hope this isnt against site rules to post this, i think these look fab and show you what im trying to say about the growth) I do really feel for you, I hope you get them rectified and looking how you want. The shape is still lovely though and compliments your face :hug: xx
1689238_358596344279888_102026692_n.jpg

Thanks misslease, yes that's exactly what I wanted.

Update, Nouveau phoned me and we can't be models because they only have models for first treatment then top up. We can go and have a consultation and then have a normal priced treatment which is £795 with Karen Betts or £595 with other techncians. No way can either of us afford that at the moment. Can anyone recommend anyone else who is near us in Windsor/Maidenhead who might do the top up without charging us for a whole new treatment?

Update, Nouveau phoned me and we can't be models because they only have models for first treatment then top up. We can go and have a consultation and then have a normal priced treatment which is £795 with Karen Betts or £595 with other techncians. No way can either of us afford that at the moment. Can anyone recommend anyone else who is near us in Windsor/Maidenhead who might do the top up without charging us for a whole new treatment?

Could you not maybe speak to the ladie that did them and get some Of your money back, and use this if needed for your next treatment? I know she will probably insist on you having a top up first with her to rectify but I'm sure all your trust has been lost now I would 100% want a refund or at least half the price back if I had something like this done and was not happy! I think you might struggle to find someone to do your brows at a top up price because they will see this as needing to fix someone else's work and may be more work in the end than just being classed as a top up. Does that make sense? Hope you have some luck getting it sorted xx

Looking back Cloughers I agree, the hairstrokes are vertical and short. I'm not trained in SMPU but since comparing them with other photos posted on here I understand why you aren't happy.
Another reminder why refreshing your skills is so important!

I'd imagine you're going to need to pay full price to have them corrected but you should get a refund and hopefully put that towards.
x

I can see why you are disappointed, I would be as well. Like others have said the shape is nice but the direction of the strokes does not look natural in my opinion. I hope you get them sorted and that you find a therapist you trust!

I feel a bit uncomfortable asking for money back but I think I'll have to ask for at least half because there's no way I can afford to pay out the whole amount again. I really need some recommendations near me and also someone who's good and would want to come and do a clinic in my room. Any suggestions? I'm near Windsor.

I feel a bit uncomfortable asking for money back but I think I'll have to ask for at least half because there's no way I can afford to pay out the whole amount again. I really need some recommendations near me and also someone who's good and would want to come and do a clinic in my room. Any suggestions? I'm near Windsor.

Windsor ain't too far from me- do you reckon they will do a deal if you have more people?

If your really unhappy with them then I would just pay out and get them fixed I would also ask for some money back although you may not get it. I feel for you though there's nothing worse than disliking something about yourself and knowing it can be fixed but at yet another price!!!

What I don't understand Jo is were the pictures of her on other clients similar looking to yours? I think I would establish that it was in fact her work that she showed you. Ask to see some hair stroke work of hers and if you like the look of it get her to rectify your and check each hair stroke as she does it.

Not many people will rectify someone else's work (I wouldn't) so you might have a hard job finding someone to do it. x

Hi Kim, it's my own fault, she sent me a couple of pics and they weren't that great but not strokes like mine, she said she had just moved house and was struggling to find her disc with work on. Because she said Karen trained her and my Mum's Alopecia client loved her eyebrows that she did I just thought she must be ok. Fatal mistake :( these are what she sent me. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391724743.094935.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391724753.490903.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391724768.582621.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391724787.131952.jpg

I messaged her again today and she had paid half the money back to my bank. She's a really nice lady and I feel bad but I just think what she does isn't what I want and I found out the hard way. Maybe I'll just leave them to fade and then if I get someone to do a clinic in my room I could get them sorted out then if they fade a lot.

Now I zoom in on those pics they are the same strokes as mine but because they have more hair I didn't notice... Doughnut

They're not as vertical as yours. She should have changed the needle angle as she worked through.

Latest posts

Back