SPMU My eyebrows aren't as expected, advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look fab! x

Yeah they do look great! Thank goodness they were fixed at last! Xx

Thanks misslease, it's all down to you really because you linked me to Jenny Hall and she recommended Deborah, so thank you! X

Awww that's fab! So pleased for you! Xx

I am in love with these 😊. Glad your happier! X

Doe anyone know of a good person to do 3 d brows or Nouveau in or around St. Albans ?? I think yours look great ! I know how you feel tho I had hd brows done and thought I looked like Groucho Marx :D

Heidi Worman comes to us in Essex, some of her clients come from Scotland, Europe, everywhere, I have had to book their hotels before.

Many would say she is the best, possibly the best anywhere in the world.

Her insta pics. http://web.stagram.com/n/permanentmakeup_uk/

It is rare the pigments discolour especially if they are good quality but sometimes they can due to the tones in your skin. A good practitiioner colour correct them by conteracting discolouration. It depends what tones are in the pigment, warm browns can do a little pink, and some green/blue. Dont let this put you off having the colour that best suits you discolouration isn't that common. However.....black pigment should never be put on brows because of the fact its a lot more likely to discolour, go for a very dark brown

Because of the nature of permanent make up pigments, mixed with the fact that they are exposed to the elements on your face, they will all break down over time, all pigments without exception will do this and our job is to quadrogenerate the colour again with those missing.

The correct colour should be placed in the correct skin allowing for skin type and tone etc...to allow for the best aesthetic result for the best possible period for that client, it is difficult that PM pigments will turn blue or green because they are largely oxide based, unless black is used. tattoo pigments will definitely however. It is more likely that brows will go ashy (grey or violet) tones or warm (orange/pink) but can be balanced by a good tech.

Even tattoo pigments will fade slightly and discolour with time but less than PM pigments. The molecule of a permanent make up pigment is made smaller and spherical. it is designed to break down over a period of time where as a tattoo pigment is larger and rougher, designed to remain strong in the skin, they also contain more carbon providing a stronger longer lasting effect than the PM pigments with more oxides.

I agree black pigments are undesirable in Caucasian skins.

Last edited:
That was very interesting reading. I do spmu and was not trained by Nouveau but by a lady that has been doing it for 20 years. Learning the technique is one thing but application and techique are totally different. I'm so pleased you have them now sorted. I have never seen anyone with brows brushed upwards. To look natural first part of the brow (nasal side) is slightly up, middle more horizontal with a few strokes down then slightly down at the end. Colour mix and size of needle used is vital. All of this I explain during a lengthy consultation. Like others have said it is all about expectation. :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Update! Had my retouch yesterday and looking good I think. Obviously they are dark and scabby at the mo. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398810430.267085.jpg

I really would not be happy with those brows, I've done training with Claire hobson as well as many others and strokes should not look like this. I hope they don't go pink as some pigments do turn that shade unfortunately. I've attached some brows I did last week.

These are lovely as always xx

Just caught up with this thread. I'm glad you are now happy with your brows and I can see why you weren't happy in the first place. To be honest, I would have been gutted to have been given brows like that.
It shows how important it is to research, research and then research some more. I recommend a local girl by me to all my clients and they have have all been very happy. If anyone is in my neck of the woods then I can highly recommend Melissa :)
https://www.facebook.com/beautissima.permanentcosmetics?fref=ts

Just caught up with this thread. I'm glad you are now happy with your brows and I can see why you weren't happy in the first place. To be honest, I would have been gutted to have been given brows like that.
It shows how important it is to research, research and then research some more. I recommend a local girl by me to all my clients and they have have all been very happy. If anyone is in my neck of the woods then I can highly recommend Melissa :)
https://www.facebook.com/beautissima.permanentcosmetics?fref=ts

Her work is beautiful

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I know that this is an old thread but I had my semi permanent eyebrows done a week agi today, I am happy with them except now they are starting to flake and the ink seems to be coming away too! I haven't picked at them at all. After reading up on this it seems this is normal? I am worried that they are fading/ink completely coming off unevenly? I dont have my top up until the beginning of December.

Also, I was told to just leave them dry nothing about vaseline was mentioned?

Is it ok to put vaseline on them?

Thanks ladies xx

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I know that this is an old thread but I had my semi permanent eyebrows done a week agi today, I am happy with them except now they are starting to flake and the ink seems to be coming away too! I haven't picked at them at all. After reading up on this it seems this is normal? I am worried that they are fading/ink completely coming off unevenly? I dont have my top up until the beginning of December.

Also, I was told to just leave them dry nothing about vaseline was mentioned?

Is it ok to put vaseline on them?

Thanks ladies xx

Hi there, we're you given a cream after your treatment?
It depends on where your lady was trained but healing balm Is recommended to use after the 1st 2/3 days and only if you're tempted to scratch or itch. We're you given an aftercare sheet to take home?
Also flaking is quite normal, just let your brows do they're thing as the scabs need to come away naturally.
It's also normal for the tattoo to look faded whilst they are healing (caused through your lymph fluid close to the surface) but after 4-6 weeks you will see the true healed colour, also bear in mind that it's a 2 part treatment and after your 2nd top up appointment you will have the true colour once 4-6 weeks healing has taken place.
Sam x

Thank You for replying to me. I was given an aftercare sheet which mentioned the balm but she didn't give me any, all I remember her saying is that what to do was easy to remember, which was to leave them and do nothing! I have put a bit of vaseline over them this morning though.

Can I just ask, after my top up will they flake and fade again? Im only worried as they dont seem to be fading evenly at the moment!

thanks again x

They will flake off during the healing process and the colour will go down 40% to 50% depending on pigment used. May I ask is this your first treatment? Has she booked you in for a second treatment (usually 12 weeks after the first appointment)?
X

Hiya,
Yes it was my first appointment, my next one is in December.

Thank you, I feel like what is happening is normal now x

Glad to hear x

Hi ladies,

I have only caught up on this interesting thread. I am a Nouveau Contour trained SPMU technician.

I use NC pigments but wondered what other pigment brands other technicians use and recommend? I am finding a lot of the new range of NC pigments are pulling very cool, even when using a warmer shade to counteract.

What brands do you girls use? I have heard that Dermace shades are good?

Thanks xx

Mine have faded at the beginning where there's no hair. I went back to Deborah for LVL on Friday and she microbladed my faded bits. I love it, the strokes are do fine. She's just been to LA to train to do it. Here's a pic of my brows before then Friday before Microblading then today after LVL and Microblading ATTACH]79866[/ATTACH]ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418076517.966402.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418076569.574242.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418076506.428429.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418076506.428429.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 143

Latest posts

Back