Spoke Too Soon !!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well Everyone This Time A Few Days Ago I Was Very Happy With My Extensions Now I Have Hit A Problem (again)!!!!!

When I Put Silk Extensions On I Am Finding That The Part Of The Silk & Resin On The Natural Nail Section Is Going Very Pale And Patchy And The Following Day Look Horendus (sorry Not Good At Spelling) It Is Happening On Every Set I Do; Not On The Extension Part, Only On The Nail Its A White Cloudy Effect On It You Cant Even See Your Own Nail Throu The Silk!!!

Anyone Got Any Ideas????

I Always Prep Well And Always Prime

Help???????????

Clare
Xxxxx

You have air trapped between the silk and the nail plate.

2 reasons for this could be:

1. The silk has not been slowly saturated with the resin and there ore the resin is sitting on top of the silk instead of being soaked up by the silk.

2. The silk has lost its adhesive coating and is floating above the plate.

I think it will be the first one. Don't sweep the resin too quickly over the surface. You must slowly and methodically saturate the silk moving on to a different spot when you see it become transparent.

Hi, Thankyou Very Much For Replying ---- I Use The Material Silk And I Cut It Into Strips Then I Have To Put A Blob Of Resin Onto The Nail So I Can Get My Silk In Place Then I Coat The Full Piece Of Silk With The Resin.

Do You Think I Should Be Coating The Whole Nail With Resin Instead Of A Blob!! I Am Really Stuck?????????

Clare

Do You Think Brush On Resin Is Easier To Prevent This????

Absolutely!!

Who taught you an what system is it that uses ablob of resin to adhere the silk?? This is a new one on me.

At College We Used The Cut And Stick Type And Alot Of People Were Saying That The Actual Material Was Better (lasted Longer) So I Explained To My Tutor That I Could Not Hold My Silk In Place Whilst Trying To Put Resin On And She Told Me To Put A Blob Of Resin On The Nail So The Material Would Sit Still So I Could Out The Resin In The Correct Place.

Shall I just say .... there are much easier ways to do it than the way you are being taught to do it?

There is self adhesive silk and fibreglass out there that doesn't need to be stuck down (with a blob ... what kind of terminology is that?) and does not lift up when you wet it. there is silk available that is already cut and shaped for you!! There are proper modern systems that make your life as a technician more pleasent and easy. I don't think you are even using a system!!!

Can't understand why an old fashioned method that went out with the ARK is being taught in a college that is supposed to be preparing you for the modern world of nail technology!! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry hun, but honestly no wonder you are finding it difficult. Bless.

when i did my college course we used fibreglass. we were shown to put resin on the natural nail first, then cut and place the silk (cut from a roll with the corners cut off so it fitted better) then apply nail glue to the fibreglass to saturate it, then resin over that, file, resin again...... havent heard anyone else who uses glue?? is that wrong too? x

I Think I Might Try Putting The Resin Over The Whole Nail Then Apply The Silk.

Thanx

Clare

Clare
Unfortunately colleges still do teach old fashioned methods that went out with the ark but thats why we have helpful people on here to help us lot who were taught in colleges who are still teaching like that.
Unless someone tells you different unfortunately this is what you have been taught by a tutor and you believe it to be right.
When you have a couple of spare days you will find it very helpful to trawl through this site and you will find heaps of advice, information which will help a lot.
I've seen 3 of the girls I went to college with and they all said that they couldn't go and do enhancements because they have no confidence.
I'm going on to do more training and won't give up until I feel confident.
Don't give up, if you feel you need more training, go and get it.

I have just quickly posted a tutorial of how to apply the Fabric# wrap system in the Premium Geeks, Tutorials section here on the site.

With Fabric# you use 3 different resins, but the principals of application are the same even if you use only one resin.

Follow the step by step using your one resin and you will be fine.

Prep the natural nail as normal. I hope it helps.

i have never used the brush on resin is it easier to use i thougt maybe it would drag the fiberglass a bit when you were applying it. if this isn't the case then i will have to get me sum!
zoe

No it doesn't even move the fabric# .... it is loads easier and much more controlable.

I have only ever seen fabric enhancements which are cloudy and often with mesh visible through the enhancement..... I know this cannot be right or you wouldn't get people like Ruth (NailsInLondon), doing this kind of enhancement.
I would like to learn how to do Fabric nails, but am unsure of the advantages. I currently do L&P and Brisa. What is the difference between Silk and Fibreglass and is Fabric the same???
Sue

The difference is being able to offer a full service and choice to your clients. Also there is no better enhancement for that manicure client that only wants one, or a repair. You should do it and learn to be an expert at them all.

HI GANG

TURNS OUT IT WAS THE PRIMER I WAS USING, I ALWAYS USE ACID FREE PRIMER SO I TRIED ONE HAND IN THIS AND THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY SOLID AND LOOK PERFECT. DID OTHER HAND IN MY NEW PRIMER (NOT ACID FREE) AND THEY ALL LOOKED CLOUDY AND FELL OFF 1 HOUR LATER!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED, I THOUGHT IT WAS WEIRD BECAUSE MY SILKS NORMALLY LAST 3-6 WEEKS BEFORE INFILLS SO I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG, I AM GLAD IT WAS SOMEHTING EASY LIKE THE PRIMER!!!

THANX FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS.

Latest posts

Back