sponges ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estherlou

Reaction score
just a quick question, with regard to sponges and facials, do you wash and sanitise and re-use or do you use new each time i was taught to re-use but then in exams we used new, for salon i'm assuming new but would appreciate feedback on what you guys do, thanks esther xxx:)

i just sanitise mine and re use as id be losing profit if i chuck them everytime, or if i dont use sponges then i use warm towels.

I feel nervous now about writing this incase i've been doing wrong all these years but I am very hygenic and a bit of a clean freak (yes i get the girls bleaching skirting boards, bless them). So i'm now hoping what i do is sufficent!!:eek:

I have an enormous amount of the little yellow sponges and facial towel mitts, they go straight in the washing machine on a hot wash after every client and i then just soak in water with a sanitiser tablet.

:)x

At my home salon I microwave my sponges for 1 minute after giving them a good wash through after usage.
At college we have to soak them in Milton solution before use.

i give my clients there sponges to take away and use.. i think its a nice touch... i just pop them in a clear bag. this way, you havent got to worry about sanitising them. they are cheap enough if you bulk buy them... :)

Hi!
I did a facials course a few weeks ago and I used towled mitts,ellisons sell them.
hope this helps.:hug:

I clean my with anti-bacterial soap and then let them air dry until they are hard... this ensures the bacteria is gone.

Hi!
I did a facials course a few weeks ago and I used towled mitts,ellisons sell them.
hope this helps.:hug:
I also use towelling mitts, and they go through the washing machine on a 90 degree wash with a prewash sanitiser. Try something like MioFresh by Bambino Mio.

I use heated towels and occasionally sponges and I wash in the washing machine on a minimum of 60 degrees.

thanks guys thats a help, i don't need to go out and buy huge boxes of the things now!! xx

We wash in antibacterial soap then they go in the microwave,you must remember not to put in for too long though or they cook and stink the whole salon out.A minute is more than enough.:green:

Latest posts

Back