Spots on the back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddi

Reaction score
I have a friend who has asked for some advice so I thought I would ask you lovely/knowledgeable people on here :green:

My friend is female - in her 30's and has pretty good skin on her face etc but said almost most of her adult life she has suffered from a spotty back. She doesn't really sweat a lot (so I presume it could be a case of over active sebaceous gland?) and she thought it could be hormonal as it flares up on certain times of the month.

She has regular showers and uses a shower shower gel. She said sometimes after having a 'good back scrub' she feels that it can be worse or does not get any better.

I was thinking that if it is over active glands, then when she is 'scrubbing' she could be encouraging more secretion from the glands (or is it secretion??)

Can anyone help - any ideas on how she could control or get rid of this problem? She is wanting to wear those tops with the low back but feels she cannot as she is very self conscious of her back.

ohh and im not cheating - she knows I am hunting around for the answers etc :green:

I had similar problem:rolleyes: and I found putting johnson baby oil in my bath helped (I know!!! - but it worked for me) Alternatively could you not do a back cleanse, exf, steam and mask??? x

hmm good idea, sort of treating it as you would a facial? It would certainly be worth trying!
Thanks for replying - err never heard of the baby oil bathing tho! haha

lol felt the need to reply to this one..... my husband has a spotty back and it really bothers him, he went to the doctorss who told him he needed......... more SEX!!! I was gobsmacked.... :eek: She said (yes, was a she - beginin to wonder if she was just tryin to pull him!!!! :lol:) it was to do with sebacious glands etc. However, as i mother of 2 with little spare time i promptly told him where to go!!!

Personally i do not reckon this to be the answer.... and agree with the back scrub and steam exfoliation!!!

lol felt the need to reply to this one..... my husband has a spotty back and it really bothers him, he went to the doctorss who told him he needed......... more SEX!!! I was gobsmacked.... :eek: She said (yes, was a she - beginin to wonder if she was just tryin to pull him!!!! :lol:) it was to do with sebacious glands etc. However, as i mother of 2 with little spare time i promptly told him where to go!!!

Personally i do not reckon this to be the answer.... and agree with the back scrub and steam exfoliation!!!

Ha ha, that has really made me laugh......I wondered why my back has flared up (hubby been away for 3 months!!!) I suppose if it's hormonal then there could be some truth in it.....or maybe he's just trying to pull a fast one!!!:lol:

LOL!! Thats the answer to my problem then - no man in life for a while!!!:)

Thanks guys, umm I cant really dont want to try the sex treatment, but I shall certainly see if she wants to try the back treatments haha :lol:

Latest posts

Back