Spotty moustache !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JellyNails

Reaction score
Hi, I have just popped in from Nails to ask some advice ! I have just had my regular waxing done, but decided to have my moustache waxed !! all was fine until today (2 days later) its all spotty not just a rash but little whiteheads. Now Im sure it will settle down in a couple of days but just wondered if anyone had any tips to help.

I don't know whats worse a hairy lip or a spotty one !!!:lol:

I recently had mine threaded whilst on holiday in turkey.. Oh my days! It was bright red for 3 days, & now it's grown back more noticeable.. My hubby actually said to me last night I'd go & get that sorted before you start looking like me. lmao - embarrassing isn't it!
I put savlon on mine though & it soothed it loads!! x

Hi sounds like sensitivity rash from heAt or product. Also as pores are open you can accidently touch area and spread bacteria in area. Try steers gel from Sally's x

Oops meant sterex gel x

Before I was trained in waxing I used to go and have my top lip waxed by a friend and was never given any aftercare advice, I would go home and put makeup on and I always used to get the little whiteheads too.

Avoid makeup after waxing and avoid touching the area, since I have followed the aftercare I never have had this problem again.

I have really sensitive skin and the first time I waxed my upper lip I came out in loads of the little spots. I dont know why it happens(I don't touch or wear makeup after), but I have kept having it waxed and it isn't as bad now I maybe get the odd one maybe my skin has toughened up. I now use Cetuems afterwax aromatherapy oil on myself and my clients and it is wonderful. I just make sure I leave it on the waxed area as long as possible. I get great feedback on it. Try a little tea tree oil on the area it may help xx

If your not allergic to tea tree - I reccomend the australian bodycare tea tree hand and body lotion - cools skin - calms redness and more importantly kills any bacteria that may enter the waxed follicles.

I also think some after wax lotions are just too heavy for the sensitive lip area.

I have been waxing my upper lip for about a year now and still get some whiteheads few days after. However, it's not as bad as it used to be. A get a couple, but they go away in a day or 2. I think waxing my upper lip is simply not for me, however I really like the smooth result after the spots are gone.
I follow all the after care and still get them. Has anyone got any other tips?:lol:

The sterex aftercare soothing cream is good - the one that is tinted is also good for disguising the redness.

The sterex aftercare soothing cream is good - the one that is tinted is also good for disguising the redness.

Ok thank you, I will buy some.

Did the therapist remove make/up and cleanse skin before waxing ? and use an afterwax cream ?

I only have this happen if Im lazy and don't remove my make up. One of my friends gets spots the day after top lip waxing as she slaps a load of make up on straight after its been waxed :eek:

This does sometimes happen - but gets better the more you do it - think your skin gets used to it. I also find that using hot wax rather than warm wax seems to reduce this happening quite significantly

Claire x

Latest posts

Back