spray tan advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat.wri

Reaction score
Hi

I am in trained in both fake bake and st tropez cream tans- been thinking about training to do the spray training- but I just wanted to know how easy this was to do mobile? My main worry is tan going on clients carpets

Any advice or tips would be great

I'm mobile and I have quite a few requests for spray tanning. I use Sun Laboratories and have had no complaints (apart from one who some people may remember me ranting on about - fact is I did everything right and she was trying to see if she could get her money back as she didn't have enough to go out with that weekend - since she has apologised). Anyway, I invested in a pop up tent from The Spray Tan Cubicle Company and I always take a shower curtain to put on the floor around the front of the tent. I tend to use this because if tan spilled or went onto the shower curtain it wouldn't seep through like, say, a sheet. It's relatively easy to do it mobile and also, if you promote spray tan parties (my offer is that if 5 or more people attend, the host is tanned for free) then it's even more worth your while.

HTH.

Chloe x

def get a spray cubicle if your'e going to do it mobile. They are pretty big when they are up, but small to carry around. You can get a lightweight hvlp, i have a minimist and its really light. From a profit point of view, a spray tan takes up to 10 mins, but manual takes 45/60 mins, so you make your money back easily.
If you have the demand its a great investment.

thanks, what worries me is tan getting on clients carpets, furniture etc- do you find this a problem?

if you get a good system there will be very little overspray, which the cubicle will catch. i have taken advice from this forum and put down a shower curtain, and client also stands on a towel. this will cover all angles!:hug:

thanks for your help

can i ask - what tan do you use?

Latest posts

Back