Spray tan drying time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaintyDoll

Reaction score
Hello all! 😊
I have been offering Nouvatan to my clients for a while but have noticed when ever I do spray tans it takes a while to dry (especially around the chest area).
My spray isn't heavy and I usually blow dry after with the gun, but it still takes a while! Does anyone have any tips to speed up drying time? X

Sounds like you need to turn your machine down a bit as you are using too much solution. A spray tan should not be wet. I also use Nouvatan and my clients get dressed as soon as I'm finished. No drying time required.
If you spray a strip onto a piece of kitchen roll, you should be able to see the guide colour on the sprayed side but no wet should soaking through to the other side. If it soaking through then you need to adjust your gun.

Thanks for getting back to me let it spray. The thing that is confusing me is that I already do a very light spray and my tan is always even and never heavy. It really seems to be mostly the chest that's always quite wet. I have attached some pics.
Can room temperature effect drying time? X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391333099.001381.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391333131.105171.jpg

If it is just the chest area that seems to be wet are you spraying that area too much? Are you spraying this area last or towards the end of the tan?

Maybe a good idea to look at changing your routine to ensure the area is sprayed but either earlier in the routine so that it has time to dry by the time you finish spraying the rest of them OR you need to work out how to cover the area with less passes so your applying less solution to that area.

The chest area can be a bit more oily than the rest of the body and is likely to have left over product like perfume on so if you do go a little heavy on the tan then it will be a little wet and shiny. I pull my gun back slightly when I go over the face, chest, hands and feet then at the end I give the chest area another very light mist. Never had a problem with the tan being wet at the end.
By the way your tans look really good in your pics. X

Hello all! 😊
I have been offering Nouvatan to my clients for a while but have noticed when ever I do spray tans it takes a while to dry (especially around the chest area).
My spray isn't heavy and I usually blow dry after with the gun, but it still takes a while! Does anyone have any tips to speed up drying time? X

I usually spray upper body/ chest first so by the time I finish at their feet it is dry
I also use a post spray so I spray the chest first and always start there when drying the client while the hose.

Also if the client is nervous, this will increase heat to chest area which could be a conflict.
Me, being a larger girl, I am not nervous but the bottom of my back just above my rear end gets really sweaty and it's the hardest part on my body to dry quickly.

Latest posts

Back