Spray Tan Equipment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayleypeevor

Reaction score
I am interested in started a mobile spray tanning business. Could anyone tell me which HVLP machine would be best if i wanted to use st tropez or fake bake please?

Also if i go on a spray tanning course, does it matter which tan solution they use or does the course apply to all spray tan solutions?

I am interested in started a mobile spray tanning business. Could anyone tell me which HVLP machine would be best if i wanted to use st tropez or fake bake please?

Also if i go on a spray tanning course, does it matter which tan solution they use or does the course apply to all spray tan solutions?

Hi Hayley,
you really cant do much better than the T200 for price,reliability,ability to do a fine job and robust enough to lug about the countryside doing mobile tans...quick to set up and put away.

The new Earlex HV5008 is also another good machine which generally speaking tends to come in slightly cheaper than the T200 as its the new boy on the block..it is however a very good machine however you may find you use slightly more solution with this machine than the T200.

Both machines are compatible with any solution.

On training ,in general terms you can train with any company and go off and use any solution you so choose.
When selecting your training provider it is always a good idea to go with a company or trainer that offers one to one accredited training rather than classroom type environments.

HTH :hug:

On training ,in general terms you can train with any company and go off and use any solution you so choose.
When selecting your training provider it is always a good idea to go with a company or trainer that offers one to one accredited training rather than classroom type environments.

Sorry, don't necessarily agree with this...it can be beneficial for certain people but I find that people will learn more and better in a group environment where spray tanning is concerned.

Students will see more tans conducted on different types of skin and bodies which can only be beneficial.

More questions are likely to come up that students may not think about until after the course.

It is also easier to facilitate an understanding of ease and lack of embarressment in a group, which allows the Tanner to put their future clients at ease more readily after the course.

It's also a lot more fun:lol:

Sorry, don't necessarily agree with this...it can be beneficial for certain people but I find that people will learn more and better in a group environment where spray tanning is concerned.

Students will see more tans conducted on different types of skin and bodies which can only be beneficial.

More questions are likely to come up that students may not think about until after the course.

It is also easier to facilitate an understanding of ease and lack of embarressment in a group, which allows the Tanner to put their future clients at ease more readily after the course.

It's also a lot more fun:lol:

Yup totally agree with you on that one there, nowadays I tend to do more group training than 121, it certainly does throw up more "scenarios" different skin types, different body shapes, different dispositions (in terms of the client being nervous or very confident, different possible contra indications the list goes on and on.

There is also the point that some people are natrually more vocal (perhaps like myself LOL) and may just come outright and ask things that a quieter person may be sitting there wondering how the heck to ask such a question!!

Not forgetting of course, peer assesments, and getting praise from more than one person.....a trainer natrually tries to make positive comments but when another member of a group says " wow you did that really well" it somehow means a bit more doesnt it?

And your right, it can be a good old giggle!!

Yup totally agree with you on that one there, nowadays I tend to do more group training than 121, it certainly does throw up more "scenarios" different skin types, different body shapes, different dispositions (in terms of the client being nervous or very confident, different possible contra indications the list goes on and on.

There is also the point that some people are natrually more vocal (perhaps like myself LOL) and may just come outright and ask things that a quieter person may be sitting there wondering how the heck to ask such a question!!

Not forgetting of course, peer assesments, and getting praise from more than one person.....a trainer natrually tries to make positive comments but when another member of a group says " wow you did that really well" it somehow means a bit more doesnt it?

And your right, it can be a good old giggle!!

Whilst I am not condoning group/classroom traing across the board but by far the biggest influx (if not all)of individuals requiring retraining that come to us have previously been to classroom environments and have found that one to one training has enabled them to eventually grasp the task at hand and go off at the end of the day far better prepared to take on the function.

We have even retrained compeditor trainers who have come to us (on the quiet) for retraining as a trainer as their clasroom training proved to be inadequate :eek:

The problem with classroom training is those that do find it more difficult to grasp matters tend to remain quiet and simply cant keep up with those that do grasp things quicker,it is easy for these individuals to be un noticed during all the "giggleing".

One to one training,especially when the right procedures of individual capabilities assessment comes into play,is by far a better way to teach and to learn...the trainer has far more time to identify weakness and focus on building trainees self confidence.

Whilst far less commercially viable than classroom training I am convinced that one to one or a maximum of 3 in a group is a far better route to go..particularly for those that do find spray tanning more difficult to master.

I'm not entirely convinced that being a trainer is one of preferring a method simply because "getting praise from more than one person..." is a factor when the passing on of skill,knowledge and technique are the fundamental principals of why we do,what we do and why we love what we do.

Last edited:
Hi. I have trained people in a group and one to one and would say that there are plusses and minuses!

However, I would definately agree with Collin that the quieter ones do remain quiet and then struggle a little after.

Not only that but when training in a group enviornment it is very difficult for the trainer to watch 2 people spray at the same time - which can sometimes be the case.

At least with one to one training the trainee feels at ease and can ask as many questions as he/she likes and the trainer can focus solely on that person spraying and then leave with both of them feeling confident that the trainee is comfortable with everything!

Hope all goes well for you.

Whilst I am not condoning group/classroom traing across the board but by far the biggest influx (if not all)of individuals requiring retraining that come to us have previously been to classroom environments and have found that one to one training has enabled them to eventually grasp the task at hand and go off at the end of the day far better prepared to take on the function.

We have even retrained compeditor trainers who have come to us (on the quiet) for retraining as a trainer as their clasroom training proved to be inadequate :eek:

The problem with classroom training is those that do find it more difficult to grasp matters tend to remain quiet and simply cant keep up with those that do grasp things quicker,it is easy for these individuals to be un noticed during all the "giggleing".

One to one training,especially when the right procedures of individual capabilities assessment comes into play,is by far a better way to teach and to learn...the trainer has far more time to identify weakness and focus on building trainees self confidence.

Whilst far less commercially viable than classroom training I am convinced that one to one or a maximum of 3 in a group is a far better route to go..particularly for those that do find spray tanning more difficult to master.

I'm not entirely convinced that being a trainer is one of preferring a method simply because "getting praise from more than one person..." is a factor when the passing on of skill,knowledge and technique are the fundamental principals of why we do,what we do and why we love what we do.

Given that trainers should all be 7303 qualified MINIMUM they would therefore be trained to assess and tell who is remaining quiet and not "grasping" things however much giggling goes on.

Personally I have found 121 V classroom training to be 60/40, 60% being classroom training.

I guess alot of it simply comes down to how good and experienced the trainer is.

I guess alot of it simply comes down to how good and experienced the trainer is.

Couldnt agree more...makes me wonder though why we have so much through traffic on retraining those that have been through "fast track/large group training" :wink2:

It does not really matter whether we as trainers believe 1 to 1 training is better or if we believe class training is better,
it is up to the trainee to know how best they learn and make the choice,

Tantrick offers the best of both worlds with 1 to 1 or class/group training and funnily enough it is the 1 to 1 training that gets choosen more often than not, hth

Couldnt agree more...makes me wonder though why we have so much through traffic on retraining those that have been through "fast track/large group training" :wink2:

This is a bit of a sweeping statement Collin, we were discussing GROUP training nobody mentioned "large group training" and nor does group training mean fast track!!

This is a bit of a sweeping statement Collin, we were discussing GROUP training nobody mentioned "large group training" and nor does group training mean fast track!!

I think we are all indeed talking about the same thing here..the only difference being the interpretation of the meanings of the terms.

In our opinion any group of more than 4/6 students is a large group and "fast track" applies to any student within a group who is finding it more difficult to grasp the training and is "fast tracked" through to completion when the clock on the wall says "time up" simply for numbers sake...this does happen far to frequently:eek:

One to one training where the training session is not subject to the "time up" scenario is far better for those trainees that require that extra time to get them through the course...of course for those that can and do take things on board quicker there isn't generally any problem:hug:

I think we are all indeed talking about the same thing here..the only difference being the interpretation of the meanings of the terms.

In our opinion any group of more than 4/6 students is a large group and "fast track" applies to any student within a group who is finding it more difficult to grasp the training and is "fast tracked" through to completion when the clock on the wall says "time up" simply for numbers sake...this does happen far to frequently:eek:

One to one training where the training session is not subject to the "time up" scenario is far better for those trainees that require that extra time to get them through the course...of course for those that can and do take things on board quicker there isn't generally any problem:hug:

:rolleyes: Im not really sure how you work out these things but just because a group is larger than a 121 or between however many people your opinion makes it a large group also does not mean they will pass merely because the clock times them out?

The point I made about all trainers being to 7303 level I refer to again, the trainer will use relevant assesment methods to assertain if the student had passed the course, NOT the clock!!:rolleyes:

The point I made about all trainers being to 7303 level I refer to again, the trainer will use relevant assesment methods to assertain if the student had passed the course, NOT the clock!!:rolleyes:

LOL ....7303 qualification doesn't come into it...unfortunately the facts of the matter are that unfortunately we do see many many students coming through for retraining who have been "fast tracked" during group tuition (even by qualified 7303 trainers)who have subsequently benefited from one to one training and subsequently gained confidence enough to truly commence trading.

The bookings for retraining and reasons for such are seen on our systems on a regular ongoing daily basis.

The "clock" is indeed acountable for the vast majority of such retraining bookings :hug:

Latest posts

Back