Spray Tan - extras??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozpot

Reaction score
Hi All,
Calling all spray tanners, do you chaps buy the dispoable thongs, caps and stuff for your customers or do you just get them in their bikini's or in the buff and ask them to tie their hair up??
Also, do you retail skincare products too? scrubs, exfoliators, moisturiser etc
I am thinking of doing both, about to become full trained up Tantrick Geek woohoo!!!
Just wondered what the majority did...
Thanks
:Love:

I don't do it but when I have it done to myself they offer me paper a thong but I just wear my own black thong and a black towling thing on my head to cover my hair. Oh and these stick on soles for my feet so my soles don't get stained.
Voila...boobs out and pregnant belly...what a sight! :biggrin:

I have a selection of disposable items... but when I offer the clients seem to prefer to wear their own briefs/thongs. I was asked once if I could cover the clients hair as she was very blonde so I provided a hairnet which was fine.

I have a few bottles of shower gel that moistises and doesnt strip the tan so helps maintain it for longer (and it does work and goes a long way). I don't sell many but I don't push them and maybe I should.

Hi, most want to wear there own knickers, and bra if they dont want to go topless. I alway offer them a shower cap thing as the tan does go into the hair, and I am wanting to invest in the things for feet but now got round to it, use couch roll at the moment but they have to slide around so the do not move feet and its a pain.

Ozpot said:
Hi All,
Calling all spray tanners, do you chaps buy the dispoable thongs, caps and stuff for your customers or do you just get them in their bikini's or in the buff and ask them to tie their hair up??
Also, do you retail skincare products too? scrubs, exfoliators, moisturiser etc
I am thinking of doing both, about to become full trained up Tantrick Geek woohoo!!!
Just wondered what the majority did...
Thanks
:Love:

I do buy them yes as alot of people want to use them. Most of my clients like to use the disposables. As for the skincare - I haven't really pushed that yet but am going to in the very near future - mainly because I love the skincare range that tantrick do - it's gorgeous (especially the exfoliator!).
Welcome on board - you're going to love it!! - it's such a fab product and system! xx

kateyork1 said:
I do buy them yes as alot of people want to use them. Most of my clients like to use the disposables. As for the skincare - I haven't really pushed that yet but am going to in the very near future - mainly because I love the skincare range that tantrick do - it's gorgeous (especially the exfoliator!).
Welcome on board - you're going to love it!! - it's such a fab product and system! xx
can you show me the disposibles & stuff on sunday hun??

~shelley~ said:
can you show me the disposibles & stuff on sunday hun??

I most certainly can hun! xx

I read this thread and though of a you've been framed moment I had with a friend who was having a tan. I let her into the room to get undressed and said that there were disposable underwear on the side if she wanted to use it. Anyway after she had been in there foe a while I asked if she was ok, which was when she came out wearing the disposable briefs...and another pair that she had put on thinking it was a bra. I had to explain that it was another pair that I had put out for the next client:biggrin:

louge said:
I read this thread and though of a you've been framed moment I had with a friend who was having a tan. I let her into the room to get undressed and said that there were disposable underwear on the side if she wanted to use it. Anyway after she had been in there foe a while I asked if she was ok, which was when she came out wearing the disposable briefs...and another pair that she had put on thinking it was a bra. I had to explain that it was another pair that I had put out for the next client:biggrin:
Lol - that must have been so funny!

We offer the clients the chioce of using disposable underwear even though we do advise them to wear dark underwear, sometimes someone may turn up in her best silk undies and we won't guarantee the bronze colour will wash out of them so we offer disposables to protect ourselves.

Hair nets are geat and are the most popular disposable items we provide. I have used shower caps before now and the solution beads on the surface and transfers to clients hands when they remove them. The hair caps don't have this problem - just make sure you pull the cap back over the hairline slightly so they don't get tan lines!

Stickifeet prevent the soles of the feet absorbing any overspray from the floor. I also use couch roll, not quite as effective but a great second option.

If you do not have any other form of ventillation, or filtration, Nose filters aka "Sniffits" are important to have on a Health & Saftey note - we offer them to our customers for you to offer to your clients, the option is also now on the new Profile forms which your clients complete prior to having a tan. They will prevent any solution being breathed in through the nasal passages.

Mandy x

We use clear solution,so although we have hair nets & briefs most clients don't use them. Even though we use clear solution we do advise they wear an old pair of pants. We always use sticky feet.

Latest posts

Back