Spray tan for men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alixxx

Reaction score
Hey geeks, i have my first ever male spray tan client tomorrow has anyone any tips or just do everything the same? I use Heshi tan and have a gold tone and a brown tone. Which would you suggest for a man?
Thank you so much xx

Hi there . I spray my husband all the time and he's very hairy.. When I trained they told me to use my Mitt to pat in the spray that land on his hair so once I've sprayed him I go with my mitt and just pat his chest etc... Hope this helps xx

I have my first male client day before valentines. What about leg hair? Does it not just sit on top n go on random patches of leg? Or will the air from my gun blow it out the way enough? Maybe im just thinking up the worst lol x

Sent from my LG-E430 using SalonGeek mobile app

When spraying a man all you have to do is angle your gun slightly upwards so the air from your gun blows the hairs out of the way for the soluiiton to get to the skin. Other than that you spray as normal.

You do NOT need to dab/pat/blend or touch the tan at all, as soon as you start touching the tan you are risking messing it up.

I've tanned lots of men in this way and they all have perfect tans.

As for if you should use a gold or a brown solution - that will depend what the client wants & should be disscussed at their consultaion (irrelevant of if they are a man or a woman).

Good luck all, it's not a scarey as you think it will be. :Love:

Thank you for your reply. I went with the gold tone as he just wanted a glow! Wasn't as hairy as I had on my head. Worked out great. Thanks for the tips. X

When spraying a man all you have to do is angle your gun slightly upwards so the air from your gun blows the hairs out of the way for the soluiiton to get to the skin. Other than that you spray as normal.

You do NOT need to dab/pat/blend or touch the tan at all, as soon as you start touching the tan you are risking messing it up.

I've tanned lots of men in this way and they all have perfect tans.

As for if you should use a gold or a brown solution - that will depend what the client wants & should be disscussed at their consultaion (irrelevant of if they are a man or a woman).

Good luck all, it's not a scarey as you think it will be. :Love:

baggy do you specifically market towards men or how did it come about? interested in this area

Loveleelady I started out by being asked to tan a clients boyfriend, she had a tan & he wanted one so the next time I tanned her I tanned him too, he then had friends that saw his tan & wanted tans done.

I don't have a huge amount of male clients but those I have tanned I have found are loyal and will return (apart from my first male tanning client who has sadly moved away with his lovely girlfriend :cry:).

I have also sprayed lots of men, including the hairy variety! As baggy said just angle the gun upwards slightly and spray as normal, no patting down! I've had no complaints and plenty of returning clients :)

I agree with baggybear. Gun on an angle and I tend to spray up rather than down. Eg legs I start at the ankle and work up the leg. Works a treat..

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back