Spray tan guns are a pain, don't you think!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siennax1

Reaction score
My god, what a day I've had! My gun started to spray then not spray in the middle of a client:cry: It's a freshly cleaned gun, been tested as I allways do before a client so as you can imagine I was very annoyed. Anyway, I had to apologise to the client and take it all apart to check everything which was all fine, still didn't spray even with another tube and cup!!!:cry:

Then, I had to phone the sienna x company as I didn't want to turn her away as it was for a wedding. She said pulling out the disc from the tube will make it better which gladly it did!

What I wan't to know is if this is a common problem with the t200 because of wearing the tube out? Now that the disc has been pulled off, should it be ok to use as normal still as I'm a bit worried.

Any help would be appreciated

x

My god, what a day I've had! My gun started to spray then not spray in the middle of a client:cry: It's a freshly cleaned gun, been tested as I allways do before a client so as you can imagine I was very annoyed. Anyway, I had to apologise to the client and take it all apart to check everything which was all fine, still didn't spray even with another tube and cup!!!:cry:

Then, I had to phone the sienna x company as I didn't want to turn her away as it was for a wedding. She said pulling out the disc from the tube will make it better which gladly it did!

What I wan't to know is if this is a common problem with the t200 because of wearing the tube out? Now that the disc has been pulled off, should it be ok to use as normal still as I'm a bit worried.

Any help would be appreciated

x

mmm this phenomenon is certainly one that the T200 gun has and Sienna x advise was completely correct...seems to cure something like 90% of these gun problems.

Neither they,us or indeed the manufacturer quiet understands why this little trick works but ..well it just does.

There is absolutely no problem running this gun for the long term with the little disk thing removed

HTH :hug:

mmm this phenomenon is certainly one that the T200 gun has and Sienna x advise was completely correct...seems to cure something like 90% of these gun problems.

Neither they,us or indeed the manufacturer quiet understands why this little trick works but ..well it just does.

There is absolutely no problem running this gun for the long term with the little disk thing removed

HTH :hug:

Ah thanks Collin, that's good to know :hug:

I had the same problem I found when I screwed the bottle on much tighter seemed to solve it. Did you mean that you removed the circle disc
and now use it without it as it drove me nuts for a while:cry:

I had the same problem I found when I screwed the bottle on much tighter seemed to solve it. Did you mean that you removed the circle disc

just be carefull not to overtighten the cup as this could crush the seal over time and cause you further problems down line :hug:

oh nooooo i was going to purchase a T200 gun after lots of umming and arrring but i dont want to if its tempremental. x

oh nooooo i was going to purchase a T200 gun after lots of umming and arrring but i dont want to if its tempremental. x

Its not temperamental....only very few have problems which are easily fixable :hug:

Quote: mmm this phenomenon is certainly one that the T200 gun has

Is there an alternative to this gun that doesnt have this problem or is it the best one on the market ? x

i have repaired loads of t200 guns and the problem is the white gasket where the cup seals to gun by removing the silver disc on the pick up tube it decreases the amount of pressure in the cup needed to send the solution to the nozzle after repeated use the white gasket becomes flat and hard and doesnt seal properly the cup is a pressurised vessel and if the gasket is no longer sealing properly it will cause an intermittent spray pattern the new machine the 5008 is made by the same people and they have improved the gasket and made it one large area instead of just a large white washer if you get a couple of spare gaskets it will be problem solved :lol::lol::lol:

Yes it's the small plastic disc that's on the feeder tube. It's a bit of a bugger to pull of, but it does come off!

Yes I agree, I never over tighten the cup!:eek:

It's a good machine, just those little problems I guess! I'll see if they sell the feeder tubes and buy a couple on my next order.

removing the disc from the pickup tube does work but its only making the hole on the pickup tube bigger the problem only happens after a few months use when the big white gasket that seals the cup flattens there about 50p to buy and the gun will work as it did when new :lol::lol:

Quote: mmm this phenomenon is certainly one that the T200 gun has

Is there an alternative to this gun that doesnt have this problem or is it the best one on the market ? x

Try the Maximist machine with the pro gun. Absolutly blows the T200 out of the water. You also get a spare gun in with it so if anything went wrong you have a backup.

I have the Pro gun and maximist and I am naughty in the fact I never ever clean my guns because I forget :green:! Not one of them has clogged or broken. You get a lifetime guarantee on the Pro Gun too and its far better than the T200 gun and has less parts to remove or get problems with. The gun has to be the best on the UK market at the minute. (well until the Guy that created this gun comes up with an even better one lol!).

Kate

Try the Maximist machine with the pro gun. Absolutly blows the T200 out of the water. You also get a spare gun in with it so if anything went wrong you have a backup.

I have the Pro gun and maximist and I am naughty in the fact I never ever clean my guns because I forget :green:! Not one of them has clogged or broken. You get a lifetime guarantee on the Pro Gun too and its far better than the T200 gun and has less parts to remove or get problems with. The gun has to be the best on the UK market at the minute. (well until the Guy that created this gun comes up with an even better one lol!).

Kate

I agree that Chris has certainly done a good job on developing this gun as an upgrade version for the HV5008 machine :hug:

i agree with you kitty the 5008 is a far better machine and has the same internal workings as the t200 the gun is better designed and the extra cups and spare parts are a bonus its just because certain companies promote and train with it that its still considered the market leader and the choice of professionals lol but maybe just maybe they make more profit from it !!:irked::irked: like you i can get hold of them but i only supply one if someone insists on it as 6 months down the line you get the miss spraying problem or its packed up normally due to having sucked in water from underneath !!! we have been supplying the 5008 since last sept and apart from a couple of machines with small leaks from the guide gland that's easy to repair and doesnt affect performance they are all round good eggs :lol::lol:

i agree with you kitty the 5008 is a far better machine and has the same internal workings as the t200 the gun is better designed and the extra cups and spare parts are a bonus its just because certain companies promote and train with it that its still considered the market leader and the choice of professionals lol but maybe just maybe they make more profit from it !!:irked::irked: like you i can get hold of them but i only supply one if someone insists on it as 6 months down the line you get the miss spraying problem or its packed up normally due to having sucked in water from underneath !!! we have been supplying the 5008 since last sept and apart from a couple of machines with small leaks from the guide gland that's easy to repair and doesnt affect performance they are all round good eggs :lol::lol:

Generally speaking and apart from gland seal leakage problems which are simple enough to rectify I know of not one HV5008 machine that has been faulty...the T200... whilst a superior gun (without any doubt) has this season not been as consistent as previous seasons with motor and gun problems occurring perhaps more frequently than it should.

That said both the various dealers as well as the importer have rectified these problems without question,hesitation or cost to the customer...the distribution infrastructure for the T200 is excellent.

The HV5008 as the new player on the block has proven to be most reliable and robust during this seasons trading.....the gun is not as good as the T200 and uses slightly more solution when applying a spray tan.

That said....value for money you really cant beat the HV5008 and with the pro gun upgrade it does indeed make for serious and stiff competition for the T200 and possibly is a superior set up.

At a guess the HV5008 will end up dominating the market here in the UK as it is already doing in the U.S.

The only final deciding factor as to its long term credibility would be the distribution infrastructure and weather or not those that distribute the machine will maintain the same high level of customer post sale service as those that distribute the T200...only time will tell.

On things for sure from what I see already with some of the distributors dealing with the HV5008 is that already there exists a price war between them.

What does that mean to those wanting to purchase this equipment....well lower prices but at what cost to after sales support is yet to be seen :hug:

In all fairness there is little profit margins for distributors of any of the machines although the T200 seems to be the one with the more better price structure but varies in price between tan companies by hundreds of pounds.

The 5008 is a cut throat price for the machine people are buying - its superb as mentioned and with everyone it all comes down to price.

I would rather sell a great machine for little profit and know that the person using it will be 100% satisfied unlike some other machines I have sold in the past due to demand that have been riddled with faults, and remain firmly on ebay where they belong.

However saying that all good distributors want to offer a first rate service so our customers are customers for life. The companies that make the 5008 and T200s give the resellers full back up and support which always makes it easier for us to replace items that do not meet expectations.

I would not sell a customer a T200 without first warning them of the problems. Whether or not we will replace the machine or guns or any other faults that is not the point. We need to offer the customer a machine they can believe in that will not burn out, leak or break mid tan.

For that reason I am now the worlds biggest fan of the Maximist 5008 and its Pro Version too. I agree with steve and collin it will become a huge market leader in the UK. As the benefits outweigh those of the T200 at the present time.

People should not choose their equipment on price alone as they should see what the company they buy from can and will offer them long term, however thats the way society is today and why pay more than you have too!

this is so interesting because i have spoken to two companies and they both assured me that the T200 was the best i could buy. But this thread seems to be leaning towards the maximist 5008, which also seems to be, after a quick google search, alot cheaper? x

this is so interesting because i have spoken to two companies and they both assured me that the T200 was the best i could buy. But this thread seems to be leaning towards the maximist 5008, which also seems to be, after a quick google search, alot cheaper? x

i would say between the 3 of us myself colin n kitty we have sold 1000s of both machines and all 3 of us recommend the 5008 over the t200 it was built/designed by the same company as a replacement/improvement on the t200 and has the same internal workings as for colin saying the 5008 uses slightly more solution than the t200 that is certainly not the case with our solution but i cannot comment on how far other solutions go using the 5008 as i have only used our stuff in both machines the needle apperture and air flow are exactly the same so i would deduce that they should perform equally

i would say between the 3 of us myself colin n kitty we have sold 1000s of both machines and all 3 of us recommend the 5008 over the t200 it was built/designed by the same company as a replacement/improvement on the t200 and has the same internal workings as for colin saying the 5008 uses slightly more solution than the t200 that is certainly not the case with our solution but i cannot comment on how far other solutions go using the 5008 as i have only used our stuff in both machines the needle apperture and air flow are exactly the same so i would deduce that they should perform equally

I have spoken to one of your companies in the past two weeks and never was the maximist even mentioned. The T200 however was pushed. I am glad i have seen this post though because now i will look into the maximist instead. Thank you for your help x x

Latest posts

Back