Spray tan help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hijack earlier! I know some people say you don't have to use barrier cream, but I'd say it's the exception, rather than the rule & is almost certainly why she's got orange hands.

Barrier cream is useful for dry skin and stops tan collecting in these areas. Also, it sounds to me like she forgot to spray underneath while she was doing it and it was a quick catch-up at the end. Once you've tanned someone, you'd warn them against touching themselves to avoid orange palms and white sections on the body, and that's within several hours of being tanned, let alone straight away afterwards.

Sounds like it's a combination of no barrier cream, spraying over the hands again and bad technique..

Might be best finding a new spray tanner? in the meantime, some dedicated scrubbing with an exfoliant can reduce orange, or if it's really bad, washing hands with a mix of fairy liquid and bleach. WARNING: this degreases hands and can make them very dry, so if you do this, make sure you rinse off quickly and thoroughly and moisturise like crazy afterwards. It's not recommended at all, but its desperate measures if she's really unhappy.

You should be able to tan the underneath of the boobs just by asking the client to raise their arms above their head and reach up. If this doesn't lift the boobs enough you can ask them to either lean backwards or forwards for you to get a quick spray underneath.

I never ask clients to lift their boobs as they have barrier cream on their hands and this can cause problems with the resulting tan on their boobs and it removes the cream from the hands so could result in tanned hands too.

Me too

Sorry to hijack earlier! I know some people say you don't have to use barrier cream, but I'd say it's the exception, rather than the rule & is almost certainly why she's got orange hands.

Barrier cream is useful for dry skin and stops tan collecting in these areas. Also, it sounds to me like she forgot to spray underneath while she was doing it and it was a quick catch-up at the end. Once you've tanned someone, you'd warn them against touching themselves to avoid orange palms and white sections on the body, and that's within several hours of being tanned, let alone straight away afterwards.

Sounds like it's a combination of no barrier cream, spraying over the hands again and bad technique..

Might be best finding a new spray tanner? in the meantime, some dedicated scrubbing with an exfoliant can reduce orange, or if it's really bad, washing hands with a mix of fairy liquid and bleach. WARNING: this degreases hands and can make them very dry, so if you do this, make sure you rinse off quickly and thoroughly and moisturise like crazy afterwards. It's not recommended at all, but its desperate measures if she's really unhappy.

Facial hair bleach does a fantastic job at removing orange palms, mix it up as directd, apply to the orange areas for about 10 minutes then lightly scrub off, rinse and MOISTURISE. If it doesn't all go first time a second application should do the trick

You should be able to tan the underneath of the boobs just by asking the client to raise their arms above their head and reach up. If this doesn't lift the boobs enough you can ask them to either lean backwards or forwards for you to get a quick spray underneath.

I never ask clients to lift their boobs as they have barrier cream on their hands and this can cause problems with the resulting tan on their boobs and it removes the cream from the hands so could result in tanned hands too.

Uhm... sorry but unless i was on all 4s you wouldn't get under my 32J's... I use my forearms to lift up my breasts long enough to spray and dry under them - and I get my clients to do the same if they too are too large chested to get enough lift with just lifting their arms over their heads. This is the FIRST bit of tanning I ever do on my clients as I don't want them touching anything once I've started tanning elsewhere... :)

Just wondering how ur mum got on with the tan? X

Hiya thanks for wondering :) she still had the orange hands and feet until recently and unfortunately this has put her off having another spray tan done :(

Hiya thanks for wondering :) she still had the orange hands and feet until recently and unfortunately this has put her off having another spray tan done :(
Tell your mum that just because 1 went badly doesn't mean they all will.

Maybe there are some tanning geeks near you who could help your mum out with a lovely spray tan applied correctly to show her just how fabulous they can look.

If not ask about your local area for mobile tanners and see if you can get a recommendation from someone - that will be the best way of knowing if they are any good or not.

If you can't get a recommendation maybe you could try out any mobile people you can find on the internet by having your legs tanned as a trial, as it's easier to hide legs with tights or trousers if they go wrong.

Aw bless her! I can understand she's put off bit as above has said get her a pro to spray her and she'll love it x

Latest posts

Back