Spray tan help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadeey

Reaction score
Hi I'm just popping over from the nail side of SG wondering if i can ask for some advice.
My mum went for her first spray tan yesterday and she popped into see me today and it looks quite patchy, and te tan has settled into her pores into her legs is this normal?
She was asked to hold her breasts up so that underneath could be properly sprayed but in doing this her hands where sprayed twice so now her hands are really orange.
It was the fake bake brand that was used.
She had her spray tan at 3 and was told that she could have a shower after 6 hours but she waited until the morning, does this have anything to do with it?
Also after application is the tan supposed to be rubbed in or anything?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as she doesn't know if maybe its something she has done wrong?

Is the tan patchy since being washed off?
when did she wax/shave her legs?
The over night thing doesnt matter as the tan will get to a certain point and stop developing anyway. a spray tan shouldnt be rubbed in, no. They should have given your mum a mitt to lift her boobs up with to avoid getting tan on her palms

Hi I'm just popping over from the nail side of SG wondering if i can ask for some advice.
My mum went for her first spray tan yesterday and she popped into see me today and it looks quite patchy, and te tan has settled into her pores into her legs is this normal? If she waxed/shaved just prior to the tan this can happen
She was asked to hold her breasts up so that underneath could be properly sprayed but in doing this her hands where sprayed twice so now her hands are really orange. Some of my clients hold their breasts up, but by being careful there is no need to spray the hands when doing this
It was the fake bake brand that was used.
She had her spray tan at 3 and was told that she could have a shower after 6 hours but she waited until the morning, does this have anything to do with it? Different tans require different development times, FB could be 6 hours, as said, sleeping in it won't affect the overall outcome as tans stop developing after their required time
Also after application is the tan supposed to be rubbed in or anything? Some techs will use a mitt to rub in tan, although I feel that this is not needed
Any help would be greatly appreciated as she doesn't know if maybe its something she has done wrong?
Did she properly prep her skin? Is she on her period or taking any medication? Was the tech trained?

xx

Hi guys thanks for your responses, yes the lady who did it is properly trained and mum got it done in a salon, the last time she shaved her legs was a couple days ago I think and no meds or period or anything, maybe it'll calm down after a couple days? As its still very dark x

There still might be guide colour on, advise her to take another shower n use a shower gel gently, sometimes it needs a good wash!
If she didn't exfoliate before that can have an effect too or the brand of shower gel, dove leaves a residue on the skin affecting the tan x

She fully exfoliated before and I'll pass on the advice :) thanks x

Hi guys thanks for your responses, yes the lady who did it is properly trained and mum got it done in a salon, the last time she shaved her legs was a couple days ago I think and no meds or period or anything, maybe it'll calm down after a couple days? As its still very dark x

Unfortunately just because she's working in a salon doesn't mean she's properly trained. I would certainly hope that properly trained therapists would never get clients to touch their skin when lifting their boobs up! This is terrible.
I would take Sarah's advise and get her to wash it again. If she's still not happy tomorrow i'd ring the salon.

I would certainly hope that properly trained therapists would never get clients to touch their skin when lifting their boobs up! This is terrible.

Is this so bad? I often ask clients with larger boobs to lift them up with their hands. I do a quick spray underneath, then ask them to let go, then I'll spray the front of the torso. Did you mean lifting them up when tan's already present on the skin, or is there any other reason for not touching the skin?

This is how I've been trained to do it, but I'd be really interested to know if there's any reason why I shouldn't!

Is this so bad? I often ask clients with larger boobs to lift them up with their hands. I do a quick spray underneath, then ask them to let go, then I'll spray the front of the torso. Did you mean lifting them up when tan's already present on the skin, or is there any other reason for not touching the skin?

This is how I've been trained to do it, but I'd be really interested to know if there's any reason why I shouldn't!

AS I apply barrier cream to the palms, when I get a larger lady I ask them if they want me to spray under their boobs. If I cannot get everywhere when they stretch up and back (and they want it sprayed-usually if going on holiday), then I get them to use the backs of their hands to lift their boobs.

As long as its done properly, there is no reason why doing this should cause a problem!
x

then I get them to use the backs of their hands to lift their boobs.

x

Ohhhh, I see the problem. Yes of course, otherwise you'd get fingerprints where the barrier cream touched! Didn't occur to me :o I get them to use the backs of hands too!

You should be able to tan the underneath of the boobs just by asking the client to raise their arms above their head and reach up. If this doesn't lift the boobs enough you can ask them to either lean backwards or forwards for you to get a quick spray underneath.

I never ask clients to lift their boobs as they have barrier cream on their hands and this can cause problems with the resulting tan on their boobs and it removes the cream from the hands so could result in tanned hands too.

You should be able to tan the underneath of the boobs just by asking the client to raise their arms above their head and reach up. If this doesn't lift the boobs enough you can ask them to either lean backwards or forwards for you to get a quick spray underneath.Sometimes this isnt enough

I never ask clients to lift their boobs as they have barrier cream on their hands and this can cause problems with the resulting tan on their boobs and it removes the cream from the hands so could result in tanned hands too.Thats why they use the backs of their hands

Just my way and always works fine
x

You should be able to tan the underneath of the boobs just by asking the client to raise their arms above their head and reach up. If this doesn't lift the boobs enough you can ask them to either lean backwards or forwards for you to get a quick spray underneath.

I like the idea of getting them to stretch - will try this. I do have one or two customers though that I can't see this working on at all - one in particular is probably a g-cup (?) - how would you get them to bend over enough to spray underneath? If they bend forward would I have to crouch underneath them? :Scared:

She's very "outgoing" and tells me how her boyf. notices white bits in her bottom cleft when they're um.. intimate, which is why she's quite insistent on being sprayed everywhere. Would be really interested to know a good technique for the larger lady?

I like the idea of getting them to stretch - will try this. I do have one or two customers though that I can't see this working on at all - one in particular is probably a g-cup (?) - how would you get them to bend over enough to spray underneath? If they bend forward would I have to crouch underneath them? :Scared:Refer to my post above.

She's very "outgoing" and tells me how her boyf. notices white bits in her bottom cleft when they're um.. intimate, which is why she's quite insistent on being sprayed everywhere. Would be really interested to know a good technique for the larger lady?To avoid the 'smile line', get you lady to bend her knees when she's facing away from you.

hth's x

I've always got them to lift boobs up with the back of their hands too, but I do worry about some who can't seem to keep their hands far enough above the line for me to be entirely happy I won't spray them, so am always interested in learning new techniques and improving!

I do smile lines in a similar manner to the way you described. When I started doing this (all of 6 months ago) and got the ladies who want an all-over tan presenting their nether regions in my face it did take some getting used to.

Also, do you find that the stretching for positions can make some ladies "relax" a little? Or am I particularly unlucky? I try to completely ignore it but I wear a facemask now, which has the added benefit of stopping me inhale dha too.

Also, do you find that the stretching for positions can make some ladies "relax" a little? Or am I particularly unlucky? I try to completely ignore it but I wear a facemask now, which has the added benefit of stopping me inhale dha too.

Do you mean 'break wind' - this was what my OH said, as I was completely baffled by what you meant lol.

If so, then no. I have never had a problem with this.
It doesnt bother me having bits stuck in my face, I am more concerned that they have n all-over perfect tan :D. Maybe I am just too open-minded hehe

x

Do you mean 'break wind' - this was what my OH said, as I was completely baffled by what you meant lol.
x

Yep - your OH got it in a nutshell. That'll teach me to try and be discreet lol.

It's happened to me quite a few times, although only with two clients. It's not too bad, except when it happens when their butt is in my face. Problem is I have a really weak stomach and gag at odd smells, which doesn't exactly help an embarrassed customer! The face mask helps tho.

That's reassuring that it's not as frequent as I'd feared - I'm looking at cutting down on my day job and doing more hair / spray tans but the thought of this happening lots did worry me!

I think I just need to stop being so prudish!!!

Thanks guys, as far as I am aware mum used cotton pads to hold up her boobs so this then removed some tan and it was done after all of the rest of the tan had been done so her hands etc got sprayed again leving her with very orange hands.

Thanks guys, as far as I am aware mum used cotton pads to hold up her boobs so this then removed some tan and it was done after all of the rest of the tan had been done so her hands etc got sprayed again leving her with very orange hands.

Interesting!!!!!

I would advise to either just not go there again or ring up to voice your concern.

x

So that's not the norm? Just thought I'd mention that no barrier cream was used at all during the tan and she has just told me that now her feet are really orange too. But the rest is okay. I think she's just abit diss appointed as she never treat herself but was in need of a treat so went to quite a top salon in our area.

Latest posts

Back