Spray tan, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
salon owners and workers advised me to buy off eBay as the machines are exactly the same!ylu just pay extra for the different brands.i went with their advice and the machine I bought is fantastic!

You got off lucky! Usually when I buy anything off of ebay/amazon I'm left in the dark with my purchase--did the ebay sale come with a warranty/how long had the seller had the machine for?
It's awesome that it worked out for you, hope your business takes off!

You got off lucky! Usually when I buy anything off of ebay/amazon I'm left in the dark with my purchase--did the ebay sale come with a warranty/how long had the seller had the machine for?
It's awesome that it worked out for you, hope your business takes off!

Yes it came with a warranty,the seller I researched and they were a legit company in England that sell to businesses!machines working great!no problems at all;-)

If anyone is interested, I have used several tanning products over the past 10 years and the best I have ever come across is That's So Sun Makeup. I use the dark which is there original colour (clear is too hard to tell where you have been) and it seems to adjust itself to any skin colour and is really natural looking. They have recently brought out a darker colour but you would only need that I would imagine if you were doing some one who already is quite dark skinned and wishes to go darker or to even their skin tone out. But if you a looking for one colour that suits everyone, this is really good. There is also no beading and is quick drying and I have never had one complaint with it. Not always an easy product to track down but there is usually a distributor in most countries. Hope this helps.

Yes it came with a warranty,the seller I researched and they were a legit company in England that sell to businesses!machines working great!no problems at all;-)

Congrats! You must be a much better Ebay shopper than I am--looking at you broken train bank for my nephew!

Who is the company that you bought from?

after using fake bake, tantruth, sienna and a few other tan makes I cAn honestly recommend Nouvatan!! I just love them and I love that they do their 20% which is good to offer clients who come in wanting a tan the same day as u can be dark after 2 hours n wash it off. also Steve is VERY helpful, I went down to see him yesterday to buy a load of stuff in bulk and he was soooo helpful literally couldn't thank him enough, brilliant customer service x

I'm interested in the name of the seller that you used to please z

Hi,

IMO, and after using various tan brands over the years such as Fake bake, Sienna x, Sun Laboratories and Solaris.. I definitely would never use anything else other than Sienna x! The colour of all %s is fab, lovely and golden not orange which I did find with fake bake.. I dont think there is any kind if natural or light option with fake bake.
With sienna x, we stock:
8% - very natural/light (sunkissed, just a hint/glow)
10% - very popular for 'post holiday' natural tan
12.5% medium-dark, for people who want to be "quite dark but not too dark" or who say they want to "tell they've had a tan" lol.
16% - really dark and a glow for dark/olive skin. Apparently this is what all the dancing on ice cast have done!

We've just got the new machine, its absolutely brilliant! Knocks the socks off the Sun lab one we had. They've also offered us the free refresher training to get a nice sienna x certificate to go with our fake bake.

good luck,
Laura x

Love, love, love Nouvatan :) xx

Does anyone know if white to brown, Sienna x or nouvatan do free trial packs? I use Suntana which I like but I know it's good to offer different brands as clients like brands they know and have previously used. I'm thinking by offering different brands I may gain new clients as my business has gone so slow.
I'd like to try before I but though just in case!!
Thanks V

Vicki x
Hands On Beauty

I have been spray tanning for 2 years now and went through a few different solutions before finding the one I like.
I exclusively use Norvell Solution and love it.
I have only had to stock the original and dark solutions. Clients use original during winter, provides a nice light glow.. And dark during spring/summer..
Love the color results.
Fades nicely.
Has an awesome scent (raspberry/almond)

And good luck with your adventure :)

Hi 😀

I personally would recommend sienna x over fake bake having used them both. I believe the different % is great as there is something for everyone which = happy customers 😊. I also personally believe sienna is a much better colour and the smell is very minor compared to fake bake.

Good luck with your future 😘 x

Thank you will look into Norvell, I have never heard of the brand. I am also going to trial Sienna X on a few regulars and get their feedback

Thank you for your advice :)

Vicki x
Hands On Beauty

I use Nouvatan but have tried Sienna, Suntana, LA Tan, Fake Bake & Xentan. I found the colour and fade off is the best with Nouvatan. None of my clients had heard of it when I started and to be honest didn't really care what brand it was. They did care about the fact that it was the best, most natural spray tan they'd had and all my tans are recommended by clients now.

I have tried several different tans but now I stick with Ambermist as my customers seem to like it because there is no smell to the 8% and 10% solutions and customers have commented on how natural it looks. I visit Ambermist website quite often as they have some really good deals, like at the moment you can get a really good deal on a complete start up kit with everything you would need to get going. Well worth a look.

I have just ordered Nouvatan after all the recommendations on and trialling it. I am really pleased with the results and my best customer who has been coming every week for the last 5 years loved it!

Hope you don't mind me sticking my tuppence in here...I have use several tan solutions over the last 10 years, and I would very much struggle finding anything better than Vani-T solution. My takings and client list has doubled in the last year due to overwhelming happiness with this tan. The rapid aspect, the nice smell, the natural glow, the organic nature....it's a winner 100%

If I ever had to change for any reason though, I would defo use Nouvatan. Cheap at half the price of Vani-T, organic, lovely colour etc.

xx:green:

Latest posts

Back