Spray Tan not coming out dark enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkleharding

Reaction score
Hello,
Hoping i can pick some brains for a bit of advice?
I regularly spray 2 ladies on a 12% and recently they have said that the tan is not as dark as usual.
Everything i do is the same and they are following all the pre/post tanning advice.
Any ideas why it would just stop taking so dark.
I tried i higher percentage on one of the girls and have also sprayed them twice over but it still didn't come out very dark.
I have seen both of them after their tans as they are very close friends and i have to agree it is not as dark as it once was.
Very confused, any ideas?

Is the tanning lotion still within its shelf life?? or maybe they are just getting more used to the depth of colour and don't feel itis as dark? I have one client that for some reason her skin doest seem to take tan, I use suntanna, and the 12% gave her colour, but just not as dark as she wanted, I had a sample of sienasol extreme 16%, used it in her for T in the park and she said it was the best one she had ever had hth x

Is the tanning lotion still within its shelf life?? or maybe they are just getting more used to the depth of colour and don't feel itis as dark? I have one client that for some reason her skin doest seem to take tan, I use suntanna, and the 12% gave her colour, but just not as dark as she wanted, I had a sample of sienasol extreme 16%, used it in her for T in the park and she said it was the best one she had ever had hth x

What's the typical shelf life of spray tan lotion or does it vary by brand? I only ask as I had a similar encounter.

My machine never had percentage, just the one colour. Maybe the labelled up incorrectly or maybe the clients have done something like wash it off earlier? Even though they say they followed instructions sometimes they do fib.

Anyway, if it is happening with higher percentage perhaps the gun needs taking apart and having a good clean out, sometimes if the pipe gets blocked not as much spray comes out.

average shelf life is 6 months, and it is beter to keep the solution in a cool dark place, maybe contact the HQ for your brand if everything seems ok, they may have an idea of why this may ahve happened, hope you get it sorted x

could it be they used a different product to prepare their skin than normal?

could it be they were approaching their cycle? Some women find hte tan is not as dark around the time of their cycle?

did you shake the solution before doing it?

or as ruthlm said is the solution in date? or are they just geting used to the colour and its time to take them up to a slightly darker solution?

tigi
xxx

Have you ever tried DHA booster drops? Do you find they help?

Thank you for all of the tips, i am going to strip my gun down and give it a good clean and fingers crossed that helps x

Latest posts

Back