Spray tan not taking?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbie~jane

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a client that's skin didn't take to a spray tan I used St tropez ?

Did they have moisturiser or anything on when they got sprayed?

You could spray tan 20 people with the same DHA and they would all come out slightly different as our skins are totally different x

I have a client who if I spray tan her at a certain point through her menstrual cycle, the tan completely washes off and doesn't take at all. Do it a few days later and it's fine! Hormones can play a big part of how a tan developes.

Has anyone ever had a client that's skin didn't take to a spray tan I used St tropez ?

This is certainly something that does happen with certain individuals.
All be it a very small minority...the stats are something in the order of one in a thousand ish

this lack of reaction is non brand specific....it is the lack of reaction to DHA in general...no matter which brand
hth

We got a sample of st tropez and it didn't take on me at all. St tropez was the first tan range I trained with 10 years ago and used to love the colour I got from the lotion or mousse but for some reason I was as white as I was before the spray tan. And I was prepped properly - have loads of spray tans at work & it always comes out really well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

On your period? Used products on your skin before? On medication? Diabetic? Lots of factors could affect the outcome of your tan Sally. Also maybe consider the speed, distance, gun settings and how many coats were applied

None of those. We sprayed as we usually would - just didn't take at all for some reason.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Has she had tans before and have they taken.

My friend said her tan washed off completely and she had a tan when she left!! I sprayed a client straight after with the same solution and everything and it was totally fine! So strange xx

Hi, my friends express St Tropez tan took ok, but we both ended up with really bad sore throats for about 2 hours, we were using the extractor fan as usual and the door was open to let out any overspray, as this has never happened before with any other spray tan solution , i just wondered has anyone ever experienced this with the St Tropez express ? ??
Sorry to go off the subject, but have been trying to make a post for about an hour and cant work out how to do it
cheers
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, my friends express St Tropez tan took ok, but we both ended up with really bad sore throats for about 2 hours, we were using the extractor fan as usual and the door was open to let out any overspray, as this has never happened before with any other spray tan solution , i just wondered has anyone ever experienced this with the St Tropez express ? ??
Sorry to go off the subject, but have been trying to make a post for about an hour and cant work out how to do it
cheers
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maybe purchase some masks that nail technicians wear as tan fumes can affect your respiratory system. My mum was advised by a doctor as she has a bad throat due to spraying 100s of clients over 4yrs xxx

I would try her with another brand (perhaps get a wee sample of something to try) if that doesn't take and all the pre care has been followed then she's one of the unlucky ones that has dha resistance. My tan always comes out lighter the week before I'm due on too, and fades really quickly. Hth x

I have a regular client who I tan with fake bake, she knows correct prep/aftercare. I tan her around 3 times per month.

When I was on holiday she had a st tropez tan which also completely washed off...(no tan line) bizarre.

I came back 4 days later & tanned her with FB & it was fine.

Find it abit odd.

Xx

Latest posts

Back