Spray tan over old patchy tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YvonneW2011

Reaction score
Hi all. I've had a potential client contact me for a spray tan she wants done tonight. She told me she still has quite a lot of last weeks tan (not done by me) on and is quite patchy! I've told her I would need to see her 1st to see for myself but I've never had this before, client coming in with another brand of tan on. What should I do, spray her and hope for the best? I honestly don't know what to do, maybe tell her to come back (and potentially lose her as a future client) when she has got most of the tan off?

i would say come come back when it has come off..and use a body exfoliator a few times until its off....she will only think your a bad spray tanner if you go over it and something happens....and word of mouth she will tell people wich will potentialy be bad for you in future..at least then you can say to get the best results from a spray tan your last one should come off really.

If you tan over an existing tan then the area with an existing tan will tan again and stay obvious after the new tan has developed so she needs to remove as much of the existing tan as she can or at least blend it in with the surrounding skin.

Tell her to get in the shower with a damp microfibre cloth (wet then wring the cloth out so it's nearly dry and rub, no soap needed) and rub the patchy areas gently or use some exfoliating wash and get as much of the old tan off as she can before getting another tan done.

If there are only one or 2 places that still have really obvious tan left you could apply a thicker layer of barrier cream to try and minimise the extra tanning effect but I wold say wait until all the old tan is gone or at least blended so that the old tan looks even and then spray.

Hi Geeks, thanks for the replies. She had to have it done yesterday as she was going out tonight. It wasn't as bad as she made out (clients eh! lol) So I sprayed her and just sprayed lightly over the patchy areas. Anyway she texted me this morning and said she was delighted and has now booked in for next week phew! lol x

Latest posts

Back