Spray tan running in hot weather?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi,

Is anyone else having problems with runny tans in this hot weather? I've done quite a few this week and every one has run down the back of the clients legs. A couple of ladies admitted that they had just shaved their legs, which I always advise them not to do, but they insisted that they always do and its never been a problem before? I just had to give my last client her tan for half price even though I was confident that it would look fine tomorrow. I wish clients would listen to our advise, I read somewhere that the moisterising strip on some razors can leave a sticky barrier on the skin which may be what had happened with my last lady.

Does anyone know of any good pre-tanning lotions which can cleanse the skin before tanning, I can only seem to find ones from the USA?

I have checked my gun and the settings are fine, so I don't think that's the problem......

In the warm weather tans will bead and run if the client is sweaty. I give my clients a wet wipe to have a quick wipe over any sweaty areas. This helps to remove the sweat but doesn't affect the tan at all.

If the tan does bead or run just take the hose off your gun and dry it, when the guide is washed off the tan will be fine.

Why you would decide to give the client her tan half price baffles me. It is not your fault she shaved her legs before her tan. Yes the moisture strips on razors can and do leave streaks in tans because there is oil on the strips and this is a barrier that the solution struggles to get through and tan the skin.

I'm not sure why I did that, to be honest I thought she would say "don't worry" but I was wrong:( I did use the hose to dry it off but she then insisted on an extra coat in her legs which made it even worse! She is just one of those clients that always has to comment that her last tan was not so perfect, I'm not sure why she comes to me? All of my other clients are always so happy and can't thank me enough, but I suppose there's always one!!!

You are the professional and you need to rely on your knowledge & have confidence in yourself in situations like these.

When she insisted on the extra coat on her legs you should have said no, you know the tan will turn out fine with the amount of soultion that you have already applied, don't allow her to try & tell you how to do your job.

It's done now but you will more than likely have trouble with this client over & over as she has now got a reduction in her treatment price. This will mean she will probably try it on again & again in the hope of getting something reduced or free.

Be strong, chin up and move on but don't allow her to do this to you again :wink2:.

Thanks Baggybear:))

I have a big floor standing fan I've got set up by the tent found that's helped in the heat. Well I've not had tans running but my room is very hot so it must have prevented it from happening

Thanks, I think I need to invest in a fan 👍

Latest posts

Back