Spray Tan solution headache!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Spray Tan Solution?

• Crazy Angel

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Nouvatan

Votes: 37 21.6%
  • Sienna X

Votes: 94 55.0%
  • LA Tans

Votes: 31 18.1%

• Total voters

Planky1

Reaction score
Am getting a headache from reading so many posts and trying to research into the best tanning solution/brand to go with.
I have just done my training and am raring to go and get practising a bit more before doing on "real" clients in November. I know about getting samples and just trying them but I would rather just invest in a brand now than experiment with loads of different solutions as I don't know that many people where I live so don't really have the time or bodies to do that much practice (in terms of trying different solutions). I also think that what one person likes another doesn't which is why this is also so hard.

I have heard really good things about Nouvatan, Sienna X, LA Tans and Crazy Angel. I was sprayed today with Crazy Angel and the lady that trained me said that she likes this one a lot and also likes Sienna X.

With Crazy Angel, I like that you can get drops to add to one solution to make it darker, therefore not needing to buy all the different % and the wear off is apparently very good too (I will find this out myself in a few days time)

However, I have also seen a really good deal (thanks to Baggybear on one thread I was reading) with LA Tans that has the tent, 3litres of solution and the spray gun for a really good price. I was also reading some posts about clients being really happy with this solution and their business picking up because of that.

I have attached a poll to help me decide which, out of the ones I have mentioned, I should go for. Would really appreciate any advice or recommendations you all may have as despite reading so many threads, I'm as confused as ever!!

Many thanks in advance xx

haha I dont like any of the above I use the tantrick/tandare and orgainc solutions from WOW and you can use booster drops with them and they have the orgainc rapid solutions as well hehe

I just got the la tan deal, I haven't done my training yet, but I have tried a little test on my mum, and it came out really well. I have heard lots of good reviews about la, so I'm going to use the tan they sent me and see how I get on with it, and if my people I'm going to practice on like it, and go from there.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I use Sienna-X they do a good deal discount if you buy 3 bottles of solutions. Its won many Guild awards. Customer Service is great and their retails products are great aswell, can buy goodie bags from them now with sachets and chocolates. Hope this helps :)

I LOVELOVELOVE LA Tan but didnt get much new business as its not advertised well, plus i find the logo etc is all quite old fahsioned and not very eye catching, but the actual solution was amazing. I switched to Sienna X as its well known, but dont like the colours at all.

i am now using Vita Liberata. it is absolutely amazing, the best by far and i have used LA, Sienna, fake bake, xentan and st tropex over all. the fade off is gorgeous, it doesnt go patchy in the slightest and wears off all at the same time (face doesnt go white first)....and last between 7-10 days!!

plus it looks exclusive and upmarket and does excellent retail.

Vani-t liquid sun for me, fab colour, good even fade. I tried many many samples and found this the best way to choose, glad I did as some were a tad orange !

I use LA Tan. :biggrin:

:Love: Love it :Love:. Fantastic offers on all the time and the members only offers they do are also good.

I don't rely on the companies advertising to get me clients, what I mean is I don't use the popularity of the solution name I use to pull in clients (like Sienna X, St Tropez etc..) I let the tan do the talking. It is a beautiful natural colour, no orange, lasts well, wears well and fades well. Not 1 single bad thing about it for me.

I think you need to get samples and try them yourself as everyone has their favourites. I really didn't like LA Tan as the fade off was awful. I wasn't keen on Tantrick either as I found it quite patchy. Sienna X isn't too bad. Nouvatan ticked all the boxes for me and I have never had one complaint so I'm happy :biggrin:

personally none of the above.

For me it has to be Vani-t, both liquid sun and velocity, or Organics rapid is great for me personally.

Had an LA tan recently and it really really wasn't my thing. I just found it completely fake looking, I personally hated it and tried my hardest to remove it.

oh yes and also like Novatan. Not currently using as have other stock/brands in but pricewise it is great and I never had any complains either.

Some great advice and some other tan solutions to throw into the equation!! Arghhhhhh :grr: Lol! :D

I quickly looked at Vita Liberata and from what I saw, it is available to purchase products in Boots. Not sure I want a tan that my clients can purchase their retail products from Boots as I will obviously want to maximise my money earning potential. But thank you for telling me about it :hug:

It's neck and neck on the poll votes between LA Tans and Nouvatan. So think it will be between these 2. Will look into them both further. Gosh it's hard to choose isn't it?!?! :Scared:

Thank you for all your replies :hug:

It's neck and neck on the poll votes between LA Tans and Nouvatan. So think it will be between these 2. Will look into them both further. Gosh it's hard to choose isn't it?!?! :Scared:

Thank you for all your replies :hug:

As there seem to be just the 2 in the running now I would suggest getting some samples and trying them out just for your own experience.

LA Tan & Nouvatan were my top 2 from my trials. I would definatley use Nouvatan if I had to change solution for any reason so if your choosing between the 2 I'm sure that whichever you choose you will be happy as will your clients.

As there seem to be just the 2 in the running now I would suggest getting some samples and trying them out just for your own experience.

LA Tan & Nouvatan were my top 2 from my trials. I would definatley use Nouvatan if I had to change solution for any reason so if your choosing between the 2 I'm sure that whichever you choose you will be happy as will your clients.

Yeah, I will get samples of these 2, have enough time to trial them. However, to trial them I need the equipment and as LA Tans have an offer on the solution, tent etc, I am contemplating just getting it. It's highly regarded on here by many, so I think it's worth the risk :wink2:

Yeah, I will get samples of these 2, have enough time to trial them. However, to trial them I need the equipment and as LA Tans have an offer on the solution, tent etc, I am contemplating just getting it. It's highly regarded on here by many, so I think it's worth the risk :wink2:

I use la tan and havent tried nouvatan. Sorry I can't spell it lol. But I just thought they're doing a good deal on the kit, cheaper then nouvatan so I got it and I like the solution. But you could always change your solution if you decide you don't like it or want to try something else. X

I use la tan and havent tried nouvatan. Sorry I can't spell it lol. But I just thought they're doing a good deal on the kit, cheaper then nouvatan so I got it and I like the solution. But you could always change your solution if you decide you don't like it or want to try something else. X

That's what I was thinking :wink2:

Thanks so much to all for your help. I think I have FINALLY made up my mind!! :cool:

Ive been doing research into this also and have gone with LA Tan solution. My training has been brought forward to this Thursday, so excited nerves are running high. I will say though that Nouvatan is the other one I would definitely consider and will probably invest in a bottle or two once i'm up and running to use along side LA Tan.

Ive been doing research into this also and have gone with LA Tan solution. My training has been brought forward to this Thursday, so excited nerves are running high. I will say though that Nouvatan is the other one I would definitely consider and will probably invest in a bottle or two once i'm up and running to use along side LA Tan.

Good Luck with your training. I was really nervous too but it really is so easy and I absolutely loved it. Can't wait to do some more :)

Well I have ordered my samples of Nouvatan and LA Tans this morning. LA Tans is mightily expensive for a litre, I can bet my bottom dollar that this is the one I'll like the best :rolleyes: But this might be what makes my decision as £ for a litre plus VAT is perhaps just a bit too much for me to afford right now. Nouvatan is just that bit more affordable.

Last edited:
Well I have ordered my samples of Nouvatan and LA Tans this morning. LA Tans is mightily expensive for a litre, I can bet my bottom dollar that this is the one I'll like the best :rolleyes: But this might be what makes my decision as £** for a litre plus VAT is perhaps just a bit too much for me to afford right now. Nouvatan is just that bit more affordable.

We are not supposed to quote trade prices on here.

You need to make the most of LA Tans offers hun. They do a buy 1 get 1 free for a start so that halves the cost per litre, then they do offers like if you buy a US gallon (4 litres) get a US gallon free - so buy 4 litres at bulk discount & get 4 litres free (and you can have them in 8 litre bottles of any mix of percentages you like) :)

We are not supposed to quote trade prices on here.

You need to make the most of LA Tans offers hun. They do a buy 1 get 1 free for a start so that halves the cost per litre, then they do offers like if you buy a US gallon (4 litres) get a US gallon free - so buy 4 litres at bulk discount & get 4 litres free (and you can have them in 8 litre bottles of any mix of percentages you like) :)

Oopsie! Thanks for reminding me, have taken it out now.

One more question. I was going to be buying a machine from my ex SIL but I've just seen a picture of it and it's too small. I have just googled spray tan equipment and a company called Suntana are doing a deal that includes the machine, tent and some solution (which I'm not bothered about) and it's cheaper than LA Tans offer. Is Suntana a genuine company? As long as it's a good genuine machine and tent then think I'll get it as it's a really good price. It says it's a maximist HVLP5008 xx Thanks for all your help Baggybear xx

Latest posts

Back