Spray Tan: What a pity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlygirl

Reaction score
Hi guys, just a little moan really.... after reading through ALOT of threads on here I contacted Fresh Indulgence in regards to booking a spray tan course with them, which they offer at a discount when you purchase a kit from them.

I was so excited about getting going with this, especially in time for the summer! When I first contacted them, via email, it took two days to get a response, even when I emailed back almost immediatley, again another two days. It wasn't until I sent a bit of a disgruntled email asking whether they were able to help me or if I should go elsewhere that i got a phone call from a really lovely guy.

He was really apoligetic, spent at least half an hr on the phone to me, talked me through everything and answered all my questions. Infact he was so good that I decided to overlook their lack of customer service in the first place and fully intended to book with him. Since then he emailed me dates as he said he would, I replied and now again I hear nothing!

Considering I am going to give this company a sufficent amount of money you would think that they would be more eager to provide a sufficient level of customer service?! It's not even about the money, Im new to tanning and i just want to be sure that whatever I pay, I recieve a good service that will enable me to get a good understanding of the products and now I worry that if they can't give me that before the training - what can i expect to recieve afterwards?! It's not a good price if you don't get a good service! I would rather spend more with another company who are interested in developing someones skills..... and with all the competition there seems to be out there it's such a pity that I feel let down....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry you had a bad experience there. If it was me I would go elsewhere, if they cant be bothered to help you before you paid how hard do you think it would be to get a response from them once they have your money.There are a few companies out there that don't do too well on customer service but then there are others that excel. Maybe they are just overwhelmed at the moment but you need to pick someone that takes you seriously and are there to help you if you have any problems as we all do when first starting out. If you really like the product you can still use it once you have had your training. Have you been in touch with Sunless solutions? Organics? Nouvatan?Aviva? They all sound really good from posts I have read on here and also from personal experience. Some even do 1-2-1 in your own home.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Last edited:
Thankyou for posting, I have spoken with sunless solutions and the girl on the phone was great so I think that might be a good one to go for :)

They do seem very helpful and I have had excellent feedback on the product, the nice thing is that you can pop in to your Local Capital to buy emergency supplies if you get caught without the right solution or have run out. So you do not have to rely on courriers or royal mail forcing you to wait for a delivery

Try Nouvatan :) The ladies and Steve are LOVELY and their customer service is fab :) They do training etc too :)

I second Nouvatan :) x

Well I would say if you want to know something ring them.

I'm sure that they will answer emails as soon as they can but I think emails are probably the last thing that gets sorted after answering phones and taking and sorting orders etc... in most businesses.

I don't think you should right off any company for not answering an email quickly, I've known S2 to take 2 days to get back to me via email and I think that is an acceptable time frame, I only ever ask for non urgent information via email.

If I need an answer asap I ring as this will be the fastest way to get the information I want.

I also highly recommend Nouvatan x

Hi salon geeks
Im in need of help, I have been trained in spray tanning and did use California spray tan and had no problems, since getting the crazy angel machine I can't use less than 4oz?? I tried undoing the gun so it was a bit looser but it just sprayed out on his own :( its a brilliant product but I don't want to use to much and I'm baffled how you can only use 2oz???
*****please help****

Hiya, I use Fresh Indulgence and have always found their customer service to be excellent. Instead of waiting for a reply by email why not just call them? They are a great company and the solutions are lovely too.
It is also against site rules to slate companies ;)

Agree with the others - just ring them. I had my training with them and use their product and they are fab. They are a really small company (only a couple of people) in small offices with stock in a warehouse in another part of the building, maybe they are busy, on holiday, or out doing training.

All my orders have been fulfilled super quick and they didint take any money off me until after my traing had been completed so assuming the same you have no worries in that respect!

Hi CurlyGirl,

I'm very shocked to hear about the experience you report. We absolutely love speaking with customers and would never knowingly ignore somebody. Are you absolutely sure that your emails are getting through? As BaggyBear and others have mentioned, if you're not receiving a response, please please always give us a call. We would NEVER knowingly be ignoring you.

Email is not perfect and occassionally messages simply do not get through for whatever reason.

You said you spent 30 minutes on the phone with Phillip before and he and you were really keen to get you trained... there's absolutely no reason why he would then be ignoring you intentionally, I can promise you that.

I'll let him know about your message here and I'm sure he'll call you right away on Monday.

Thanks Brownedcow for your kind words :) Yes, we are small (5 full time, 2 part-time), but we do pride ourselves on looking after our customers! It's always got to be the most important part of what we do.

I trained with GloTanz, then went on to use fresh indulgence.

I trained the end of last year, and have used Fresh Indulgence ever since, I love the product and so do all my clients. :) xx

I mainly use LA Tan but have used Fresh Indulgence a few times and their customer service via telephone is fantastic, better than I've had from other places!

I wouldn't give up just on the basis of them not responding to e-mails. :)

Well Curlygirl, you certainly got their attention now. Good luck and I hope you choose the training provider and solution supplier that meets you needs.

Hopefully it was a little glitsch, unfortunately I am a bit too demanding and don't often offer a second chance. Especially in an industry where there is SOOOO much competition.
I am sure you will get 5 star treatment though now that everyone is aware of the initial hiccups

Last edited:
Thanks all, The only reason so much is done via email is that I work full time and it's really difficult for me to get everything done that I need to in a half hour lunch break ( which I often dont even get!). This is another reason I was so keen on them as they can provide weekend training which is perfect for me. I'm not slating them, infact I am literally singing the praises of the guy that did call me as he was fantastic, I am just disappointed that i'm feeling the need to even question it all. It's alot of money and I want to be sure i'm making the right choice. They don't seem to have a bad rep at all and from what people have said on here and even just on this thread it seems that this isnt a problem that many people seem to have had, which again makes me feel a little better and maybe it simply is a one off and i've just been unlucky. I understand people are busy, and maybe I do just have really high standards and expectations, but I work mobile and if i personally didn't check every avenue of communication that I offer ( facebook, email, voicemail) on a daily basis then I would lose out on alot of bookings!

I've spoken to fresh indulgence on both here by message and on the telephone and they were great - they responded really quickly and called me back when they said they would! I used to use Fake Bake but due to a few problems I switched to suntana after getting a few samples from them, however I was recently on the look out to see if there was anything else I really liked and have to say fresh indulgence for both service and solution are far above the rest. I always have solutions tested on myself as well as my friends for fair feedback on fade off, application etc and this one was fabulous! Went on quickly and light with a lovely guide colour (especially on the caribbean 7.5%) and wasnt sticky or tacky. Wash off left me with a lovely natural light colour and fade off is great. I'm currently using up the remainder of my suntana solution and switching over!!! Well done fresh indulgence and especially Catherine & Starr who were so lovely ad helpful when I've contacted them! X

Hi i recently done a spray tanning day course at The Carlton Institute which have colleges all over the country. I was confident after the course and its currently on sale for around £65! I purchased the full kit (maxi mist xl and suntana solution) and a tent from them straight after the course and received it in 2 days. Now have my kit and diploma and am ready to go. Brilliant customer service from them x

I would highly reccommend Sunless Solutions, prompt service, good communication and great product.

Latest posts

Back