Spray Tanning A Bald Man!! - Help Please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrinew16

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...

Next Saturday I have a booking to spray my very first male client!

I wasn't to nervous about it until I was informed that he is bald!!

How do I go about spraying the head area? All of my female clients wear mop caps but I don't want to leave him with a White head!!

On a separate note, I have had a 14 year old girl ask me for a Saturday job. I don't have anything for her at the moment but I am considering asking her to do a leaflet drop. This would probably only be an hour or so of work every now and then. What do you think would be a fare amount to pay her?

Thanks for your help! Xx

Hi we were taught to do the back of the head along with the back etc (so when he is turned around) then the front along with the face, then get him to crouch down a bit and do a lighter mist over the top.
Make sure if he's bald & he shaves it that he hasn't done it the same day as tanning can make it sit in the hair folicles. I definiatly think it's more natural to do the head as if they were to be outside getting a tan the head would be catching the sun aswell!
As for the leaflets I would suggest maybe £5-10 depending on how old she is. (£10 might seem a lot to begin with but think if it pouring with rain or freezing you'll need to motivate her to do it still!) or if you feel you can't offer her as much maybe give her a manicure or something...
HTH xx

I don't do spray tans anymore but just to say this post actually made me laugh outloud, i know i shouldn't. Good question though never came across bald men when i was spraying. :lol:Nicola

If you do take her on to do leaflet drops it is a good idea to target a road where you know someone and can check that the leaflets are actually being delivered and not dumped. At least for the first couple of drops.

I know what you mean...it does sound funny!

He is my first male client after a year of spray tanning ladies. I wasn't worried about it at first but as soon as I realised he was bald I just thought oh know...what am
I going to do!! Lol!!

I'm a grateful for the advise!

Regarding the leaflet drops, I agree it is important to make sure they have been delivered. I may add a tear off voucher to the leaflet offering a discount so if a few people bring them in then I will know they have been delivered.

I am thinking of giving her £10 and offering her a spray tan. She competes in dance comps on a regular basis and always has a spray before hand. X

Oh my goodness, i wouldnt have even thought about the tanning question.

Let us know how you get on x
:hug:

Oh my goodness, i wouldnt have even thought about the tanning question.

Let us know how you get on x
:hug:

I will do!! Wish me luck!! :) xx

He knows he's bald, it's not like spraying a heavy client where you have to be tactile. Just ask him to bend forward and spray it. Just be careful of the direct lighting in case you get reflection into your eyes. Make sure he doesn't wear a hat afterwards.

Your posts really cheer me up :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I have done my hubby who does not have much hair short sides bald on top it was fine you can see where you have done by guid colour it wasnt a problem, mind you he really whinged how cold it was and said he wouldnt have another lol but we were going on holiday and he looked great:)

thought you werent allowed to work a saturday job until age 16? (or has the rules changed since I last did work experience back in 1995)

Latest posts

Back