Spray tanning - am at a loss on this one

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparadise

Reaction score
Hi I have been spray tanning for a while and whilst in the beginning made some mistakesI learnt from them and perfected my technique. Things going really well. Last night had 3 clients in 2 tans are fine and one I really dont know what went wrong and advice appreciateed. There seemed to be patches on the upper legs, it looked to me the skin was a bit dry when I touched the skin today. But have to admit when I spray tanned yesterday her skin seemed ok. She is mid 20s so have ruled out hormonal. Today tried to respray legs to even out the colour but the tan literally dripped off. Its not my gun have checked and others like I say turned out fine. So why did this go wrong. She told me she exfoliated maybe she just didnt do it properly or missed those bits and cause skin dryer in that area the spray tan has stuck to it. Really are at a loss. Anyone more experienced out there shine light on this? I really dont feel it was my fault but if I am doing something wrong then please let me know your thoughts and I will certainly learn from it. Thx.

she probably hasnt followed your tanning advice correctly, she may have moisturised too soon before the tan? don't take it to heart if all your others are fine then it must have been something the client has put on her skin. x

Why would you rule out hormonal just because she's mid twenties? What about periods and pregnancy?

If the spots are exactly symmetrical then there is something affecting her that I would think are external - it's going to take a lot of detective work to work out what it might be though...

If the tan is running off it sounds like she might have moisturised or shaved exfoliated too close to the tan?

It doesn't sound like you have done anything wrong but unfortunately clients don't always tell us what they have done 😳

ta for replies always get so much from reading what others might think too. I think my gut is saying she has definetly put some moisturising cream and she had told me she shaved the night before it,but maybe it was the day of the tan and she didnt want to confess up. Or it might be hormonal . I suppose like it has been said it would take alot of investigating to find out what is going on there. ta again so much for replies, as I am mobile I feel sometimes really alone out there and these forums are so fab for bouncing ideas and thoughts off of others.

ta for replies always get so much from reading what others might think too. I think my gut is saying she has definitely put some moisturizing cream and she had told me she shaved the night before it,but maybe it was the day of the tan and she didn't want to confess up. Or it might be hormonal . I suppose like it has been said it would take alot of investigating to find out what is going on there. ta again so much for replies, as I am mobile I feel sometimes really alone out there and these forums are so fab for bouncing ideas and thoughts off of others.

If the area that you are referring to was "grabbing" the tan then that would indicate she hasn't ex foliated properly.....however if you are saying the solution when applied has"run off" the skin then this would indicate there is some sort of a barrier on the surface of the skin.

This could possibly be either residue moisturizer or possibly Hair conditioner(less likely as these marks would tend to be streaks rather than patches)

i would put my money on moisturizer issue

HTH

Latest posts

Back