Spray Tanning and manicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairet

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just could do with a bit of advice.

I've got a client who is coming to me on Thursday. She wants a manicure, pedicure and spray tan - all done together.

Now, I a little worried about the residue on her skin after the mani and pedi, and how that will effect the spray tan.

Has anyone had this before. She can only come on that day, and she's going away on holidays the next day.

Any help would be fab!!!! Thanks guys :hug:

if you are going to be doing an arm and leg massage I would say dont do them before or after the tan but the day before or after. You dont want to leave moisturiser on the skin before and it may rub off the tan after.

I have tanned someone and gone on to do a full set of nails straight after with no problems though.

Please bear in mind that I know nothing about mani and pedi....

Any creams you use on her for mani and pedi will probably act as barriers and therefore her tan my not be as dark or even in these areas. If you just mani and pedi her hands and feet and do not go up the ankle or wrist, she will probably be fine, as many techs moisturise these areas before spraying. If it were me, I would stick to her hands and feet only, not use too much cream, and warn her that her hands and feet may be affected and may appear lighter.

PS As above, ideally she would have her mani and pedi done the day before.

Thanks for the replies.

I normally try and schedule this type of treatment on a different day, but unfortunately, with this client, the only time she can make it is Thursday.

I'll do her mani and pedi first and omit the hand and leg massage.

Latest posts

Back