Spray tanning asthmatic clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarfield

Reaction score
We were told that asthma was a medical containdication at college (requiring GP approval), but i'm wondering how it actually works out in industry. I did try to ask my boss, but got a rather vague answer.
Ideally if they showed up for an appointment and stated that they were asthmatic then i'd refuse to treat without GP permission, but i've a feeling that'd cause some drama with the customer, and maybe my boss too. Ideally they'd be asked on the phone when booking their appointment, and advised that they'd need GP approval, but that doesn't always happen. People just get booked in and you don't find out about this stuff until they fill out the consultation form!

Any feedback would be appreciated.
xx

Id also like to know this. .. would you refuse treatment?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Check with your insurance company what their specific guidelines are regarding this. Make sure your spray tan area is well ventilated and have your gun set to reduce overspray, you can also provide a mask for your client if you wish.
As an asthmatic myself, I carry out spray tans daily with no problem, everyone has different triggers.

Offer to have them on the couch and you apply a tan lotion manually.

Someone out there will probably be spray tanning people with astma but i guess it comes down to how you feel about it.

I suffer from asthma and receive spray tans with no problem at all . I guess it depends how severe the asthma is though?!

I also suffer from asthma and have never had problems spray tanning x

Latest posts

Back