Spray tanning - cheap as chips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Pod

Reaction score
These days, do you find that clients especially younger ones, all want a cheap tan doesnt matter what it is as long as its dark.

Do you think we all should try to educate clients on solutions, benefits etc, or is it as mentioned earlier

Cheap tans - dont care as long as its dark whether its orange or way too dark.

Personally I prefer a good solution and have converted many people to a nice glow .

I am like yourself I prefer a natural looking tan rather than looking to dark or orange!! I have lowered my price due to competition round my area but I am lucky that tan I use leaves a lovely natural looking tan and my clients love it but to get new clients it takes then to see it on someone first.

I charged £10 because everyone was and I've raised my fee to £15 and if they don't like it they can go and get sprayed elsewhere!

There will always be the cheap and cheerful bunch out there.

What clients you chose to cater for is totally up to you. If you want the cheap brigade then get in whatever you think will suit them and go for it. If not stick to what you like and sell it to those who are willing to pay for a nice tan.

I always find the cheapo clients are the ones who appreciate nothing & complain at everything lol.

I know this sounds bad but I used to have a facebook business profile rather than a page & quite often I'd read girls statuses & think oh my!

Like one young girl in paticular, always effing & blinding causin trouble with some one on there literally on a daily basis, so I thought I can imagine if I did the motor mouth a tan & she didn't like it, 'deleted' her in the end. Right or wrong of me, I don't want clients like that.

I much prefer the slightly older clients, more mature, don't behave like children, appreciate what you do & don't scope you out cos your only charging £2.50.

P.s - I charge £15 for suntana & £18 for vani-t rapid, that's classed as dare round here.. plus clients have to come to me.

but its funny, I'm not attracting the wrong type of clients, bcos there too busy finding cheaper deals, I'm getting the half decent people who don't mind paying a bit more which I like to be honest.

Lol x

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

I always find the cheapo clients are the ones who appreciate nothing & complain at everything lol.

I know this sounds bad but I used to have a facebook business profile rather than a page & quite often I'd read girls statuses & think oh my!

Like one young girl in paticular, always effing & blinding causin trouble with some one on there literally on a daily basis, so I thought I can imagine if I did the motor mouth a tan & she didn't like it, 'deleted' her in the end. Right or wrong of me, I don't want clients like that.

I much prefer the slightly older clients, more mature, don't behave like children, appreciate what you do & don't scope you out cos your only charging £2.50.

P.s - I charge £15 for suntana & £18 for vani-t rapid, that's classed as dare round here.. plus clients have to come to me.

but its funny, I'm not attracting the wrong type of clients, bcos there too busy finding cheaper deals, I'm getting the half decent people who don't mind paying a bit more which I like to be honest.

Lol x

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

I totally agree with you x

I charge the going rate in my area (£15) but i know there is cheaper competition out there (£8.50). I always send pre-tan advice to new clients, a reminder to existing clients & always send more time than i probably should explaining post-tan advice. The clients who've had a bad tanning experience before me always say how much they appreciate the advice i gave & obviously love the tan (sienna x / nouvatan). I have found that most new clients who live out of my area are not prepared to pay extra for mileage so i now say it should be XX but as its your first tan i'll just charge £15 - they usually love the tan & advice so much that they tip & insist on paying more each time thereafter. x

I have moved and in my new area mobile spray tan costs £30! So I've put my price up to £25, but I only charge new clients that, the old ones still get £20!

Latest posts

Back